Reading the Letter

Noisy Neighbour

 

Jieun sighed deeply as she held up the letter from her side table.

*what kind of trouble do you bring?* she asked bitterly.

She stared at it for a while before finally opening it. She took a deep breath before finally reading it.

 

 

Good day Ms. Song,

This agency, JYP Entertainment is here to inform you that you have missed out on training for more than 3 weeks now. This will affect your performance in the Trainee Evaluation to be held this Wednesday.

Also, due to your absence, we have automatically included you in the First Batch of trainees that will undergo the said Evaluation. This is due to your lack of excuse in the missed training days.

Attendance is a must,

JYP Entertainment

 

 

*Trainee Evaluation…?* those words were new for her.

 

She had never gone through whatever evaluation since she entered JYP. But it’s not like she’s been training there for a long time. It was only 6 months since she started there.

But to think about it, those 6 months were worth it. It was worth working hard for since she had Min around and a full support from her family. But she was still thinking that something was missing. Like something was lacking. As if one of the country’s biggest agency that she’s in wasn’t providing her something. Something called motivation.

 

Jieun gripped the letter in her hands. Something inside her was twisting. It was twisting bitterly. As if anger, relief and disappointment were all rolled in to one and slipped inside of her and let her have a taste of it.

*they didn’t kick me out… they still haven’t kicked me out…* she thought.

But then she shook her head.

*why would I want them to kick me out!?* She thought surprisingly.

She was shocked at her own thought. How could she talk about the one thing her family gave her just one last chance?

 

“If you want to pursue this, you might at least go to an agency where you can truly have a future in,” those were her mother’s words. She considered them her words of agreement even though they still sounded against her decision.

Her family only agreed to her dream of singing when she was finally accepted in the audition in JYP Entertainment. She has been accepted in other agencies but her family doubted them. They only wanted what’s best for Jieun after all.

 

She swallowed then flitch at her phone’s sudden ringing.

“Hello?”

“Jieunnie!”  it was Min.

“Minnie…” she responded.

“Where have you been? Are you sick?” Min asked worriedly.

“Uhh… yeah, I was. But I’m recovering now,” a complete lie. Well you don’t expect her to tell her best friend that she has been training somewhere else.

“Really? Sorry I didn’t have time to visit you. I was having a hard time with training,”

“Why? Since when did training become hard for you Min?” Jieun managed to chuckle.

“Since that stupid Trainee Evaluation came and those scary new trainers and instructors,” Jieun already knows Min is pouting right at that moment.

*I never realized I missed my best friend…* she mentally noted.

“Min… what does that Trainee Evaluation mean?” she asked nervously.

*Whatever this is, I might at least know it is before I decide whether to come or not*

“It’s sort of like an exam for all trainees. That evaluation will determine if the agency will make you debut sooner or train you more for a couple of years,” she explained easily.

But the thought was scaring Jieun inside.

“Really? What happens if someone doesn’t show up?” Jieun asked quite nervously.

“I don’t know… wait, don’t tell me you’re not gonna show up!? YAH SONG JIEUN!” Min scolded.

“No! Of course I’m gonna show up. Somehow…” she whispered the last part.

“What? I didn’t hear it,” Min said.

“N-nothing Minnie. What batch are you?” she said just to change.

“Second. My evaluation will be on Thursday,” she informed.

“Oh. Mine’s on Wednesday. Can I see you there?”

“Sure. Just give me a call…”

After that, they hung up.

 

*sort of like an exam…?* she remembered what Min said. *this is getting frustrating!*

 

Being in two agencies without the entertainment’s knowledge will truly cause big trouble. To make things harder… this issue might involve her family and… Yongguk.

 

 

-----

keep reading guys :))