O1

A Chosen Fate

 

Jongwoon slammed the door of the limousine in anger and stormed into his house. His father, Kim Jong Kook just watched his son quietly from the window of the limousine and sighed sadly. “Jongwoon, I was just doing this for your good…” Mr Kim said silently as he glanced at the retreating figure one more time before asking his driver to send him home. The driver complied and the drove off, and the neighborhood was peaceful again as the neighbors watching the commotion had all scuttled back into their respective houses, not wanting to get into trouble. Jongwoon simply sighed in frustration as he threw his bag onto the couch of his living room. He took a wine glass from his kitchen counter and washed it before taking a bottle of red wine with him. Slowly, he made his way out to the swimming pool and placed the wine and glass on a table before plopping down on a chair.  

He opened the bottle of red wine and poured it into the wine glass and sipped the wine slowly as he observed his surroundings. The neighborhood was just as peaceful as it was, usually, when his father doesn’t come here and make a scene. Sighing, he thought of the events that happened earlier on.

 

-Flashback-

 

Jongwoon hummed cheerfully as he stepped out of his huge mansion with a bag of trash in his hand. He discarded the trash in the huge rubbish bin outside and slowly made his way back into his mansion. “Jongwoon-ah.” A voice stopped him and he froze on his spot, unable to move. He recognized the voice anywhere. “Jongwoon! Turn and face me!” The person scolded and Jongwoon turned hesitantly. “Yes Father…” Jongwoon answered coldly. “Follow me.” His father instructed him and Jongwoon could not do anything but just follow his father. His father gestured for Jongwoon to get into the car and Jongwoon got in uncomfortably. Once, both of them were inside the car, his father started talking. “Jongwoon-ah, I want you to start working in my company. I believe that you have the potential to become a famous singer with that voice of yours… This is a great opportunity for you to shine as you know, my company is currently claimed by many as ‘The cream of the crop’ in the entertainment industry. And I would not accept ‘no’ as an answer as you don’t even have a decent job right now.”His father said sternly. “But Father, I don’t want to! I love singing, but I have never thought of becoming a singer! Furthermore, I just got a job at LoenTree as a song composer!” Jongwoon protested. “Jongwoon! I said I would not accept ‘no’ as an answer! LoenTree is one of the biggest rivals of my company in the entertainment industry and what do you think the others will think of you? That’s it. I want you to report to SM Entertainment tomorrow morning at 8am. Your manager will be there to guide you along. You will be placed in a boy band called K.R.Y. along with two other boys. K.R.Y are the initials of your names. Y is your initial as your stage name will be Yesung. That’s all for now and please go back and prepare yourself.” His father instructed sternly. Jongwoon knew that it would be useless to argue anymore and he stepped out of the limousine to see all of his neighbors staring. He slammed the door of the limousine in anger and stormed into his house.

 

-End flashback-

 

Jongwoon sighed sadly as he placed the wine glass down on the table. He couldn’t do anything but to comply. After all, his father is the CEO of SM Entertainment, the company famous for all the internationally known global stars and singers. Maybe it will turn out fine after all… He loved singing, so it shouldn’t be a big problem, right?