My Valentine

Jar of Rainbow Cookies 무지개 쿠키의 항아리

 

Characters : Kwangmin, JuMi (OC) 

*Any similarity to any story is purely coincidental

 

She stumbled out from her hiding spot and made her way through the crowd in the hallway as fast as she could. Her heart raced as she heard the footsteps quicken behind her, despite the hubbub in the area. Taking up speed, she dashed as fast she could forward, ignoring the calls for her to stop. “No… No… I can’t let him see me.” She repeated to herself as she brought a bundle of her thick locks across her face awkwardly, frantically searching for a quick escape, as she continued to dash forward. Taking a sharp turn, she crashed her body on the door of the ladies’ washroom and hurled her body forward into it.

 Regaining her balance, she hurriedly slammed the door behind her and shut her eyes relief. Trying to be as quiet as she could, she leaned on the door to prevent it from opening and used her hands to muffle the sounds produced by her panting. She perched her ears on the door and listened carefully to whatever sounds she heard outside. Loud thuds came from a distance and very quickly approached the direction of the washroom where she was hiding. She vaguely made out that the sound she heard were footsteps of the person, and assumed that it was the person who was chasing after her before. They were not far from where they started the chase, but having taken a turn at the end of the hallway led them to a quiet area of the school. She peeked out from the small gap between the door and the wall and noticed the person shifting his body from left to right and left again, probably looking for her.

Finally after a moment, she noticed his shoulders dropped and he sighed heavily. “I just wanted to ask what your name was…” And with a heavy heart, he walked towards his friend who came into sight, panting as they followed curiously after him when he just dashed out of class during lunch break, without warning.

“Didn’t manage to catch up with her?” His friend, Hyun Seong asked as he patted him on the shoulder. The lad just shook his head, as he stretched his lips into a fake smile and pretended like it did not really affect him.  “Why do you even care so much anyway, it could have been just one of those normal girls who have crushes on you, it’s not like it’s the first time,” he continued as they headed back to class. He nodded nonchalantly and agreed with his friend, but his mind thought otherwise.

She is not just any normal girl to me…She’s beautiful.

 

It has been three days since the epic “chase”. JuMi started down the hallway towards her class as usual. Finally deciding that he had probably forgotten the incident, she mustered up her courage and craned her head slightly, as a certain boy came into view. Amongst his usual group of friends, Kwangmin sat calmly as his friends waved their hands around, excited about the coming Valentine’s day and what they were going to do for their girlfriends. “So do you have a Valentine’s yet?” Minwoo, the youngest of the group questioned.

Kwangmin shook his head, a pained smile plastered on his face. “I’m still looking for her.”

“You’ll get there.” Minwoo comforted, changing the topic of their conversation almost immediately after.

Kwangmin chuckled a little at that comment, his face falling expressionless afterwards. From the corner of his eyes, he noticed someone shuffling about at the window. Casting a quick glance in that direction, he vaguely made out that it was the girl he was chasing after a few days ago.

“She’s here.” He thought to himself, his face instantly glowed with radiance.

 

 Cautiously, he shifted his gaze to the girl peeking through the window. Not wanting to scare her away like last time, he flashed a quick smile before she could even turn around and escape, causing her to stop in her footsteps and admired the way his cheeks were a gentle shade of pink and his eyes creased into the shape of a crescent moon. She gasped at that as her heart thumped louder. She looked around her for any possible person that he may be smiling to but to her surprise, everyone didn’t seem to notice him yet, which meant …

 

Hesitantly, she pressed her lips into a small shy smile, as she felt her face become hot with embarrassment. Running her fingers through her hair awkwardly after the brief interaction, she brought her hair across the right side of her face, hurriedly looked away and jogged off in the direction of her classroom.

And with a silly smile on her face and her mind filled with overflowing determination, she mumbled to herself, “I have decided, I will do it. I will confess.”

 

The school smelt of chocolates and roses, a scent of love lingered in the air and stung anyone who was going to be alone that day. As she headed down the corridor towards his locker, she read the note that she had prepared over and over again just to make sure what she wrote wasn’t going to scare him or creep him out.

Taking in a deep breath, she stooped before his locker. Examining the few other girls that were crowding around this particular locker as well, her heart dropped as she noticed the way their flawless faces were powdered, and the way their uniform hugged their body figure. “He will never fall for a girl like me…”, she thought as she looked down at herself. Disheartened, she turned to leave, but quickly paced back to the locker again as she ran her fingers over the name that was stuck to the locker. “No regrets.” Quickly, she looked around before whipping out a pen from the side of her bag and ran the pen ink over her name that was written neatly at the bottom of the note, indicating who it was from, before putting it back in the plain envelope. Pressing on the sticker that sealed it,  she said, satisfied, “This is it,” as she slipped the envelope through the tiny slit at the top of the locker. Clasping her hands together, she stood before the locker for a second more, hoping that her heart will reach him. Half heartedly, she pulled her hair over half of her face, hung her head low and walked off in the opposite direction from where she came from.

After she was gone, Kwangmin finally appeared from behind the pillar at where he was hiding for the past 10 minutes and headed for his locker. A smile crept on his face as he searched through the pile of letters for a certain plain white one, decorated with a few pink and blue stickers, from which he noticed from before.

“Dear Kwangmin,” it started, as Kwangmin pulled the note out excitedly and began reading almost immediately, “We may not know each other personally but I have always had a crush on you. Although I always watched you from afar, but being able to see you smile every morning, even if it wasn’t to me, makes me happy.  I know I am not the prettiest or cutest of them, so I shall not request for too much and ask you to be my Valentine. I just hope you received my feelings well and know that a person like me exists amidst all your admirers. Happy Valentine’s Day.”

And at the corner, he noticed an untidy scribble over what he figured to be her name and class. He carefully brought it up above his head and under the light as he tried to make out the initial writings.

A smile spread across his face and he felt his heart lighten at the discovery. “Finally, I found you.”

 

 

The bell rang, indicating the end of the school day. Students poured out of school and ran off in the directions where they ran off in their respective directions to meet their dates. Within minutes, the hallways were clear of students. JuMi dragged her feet towards to the stairs, on the way sneaking a peek into Kwangmin’s class, but to her disappointment he wasn’t there anymore. Sighing, she hung her head low and headed for her locker a short distance away.

Just as she was about to unlock her locker, a bright yellow piece of paper, secured onto her locker at her eye level with an absurd amount of clear tape, caught her attention. JuMi stared intently at the note in disbelief. She looked around her to see if anyone was secretly laughing at their prank on her but to no avail. Hopeful, she took a step closer and read out loud for herself to hear. “I have received it well, and I accept it. Will you be my Valentine?” was slightly apart as she read the note, overwhelmed by the first ever confession she received in her life.

“I wonder who it is from…” She questioned innocently as she read it out over and over again. “I have received it well, and I accept it. Will you be my Valentine? I have received it well, and I accept it. Will you be my Valentine? I have received it well, and…” Her cheeks flushed red and her eyes widened at the sudden realization, as she recalled her confession letter to Kwangmin earlier that day. “Kwangmin…” She gasped, and as if on cue, Kwangmin came out from behind the wall that he was hiding from and approached her.

“Yes, it was me.” He admitted with his lips spread into a brilliant smile, obviously unable to hide his joy. With a pen in hand, he quickly scribbled his name at the bottom of the note, claiming it to be his confession, right before her eyes. “I,” he announced as he took a step closer to her such that they were only a foot away from each other. He gently pushed the hair out of her face, revealing a scar that ran down the right side of her face, slightly broad and weather by age, “received your heart well. You may not be the prettiest or the cutest, but to me you are definitely, the most beautiful. Will you be my Valentine?”

Her face became tight as her lips curved into a wide grin. “You knew?” She questioned as she slid her fingers across the scar. Kwangmin nodded, his eyes fixed onto hers, reassuring her. Without hesitation, she nodded her head, and for once, looked Kwangmin in the eye without hiding that scar of hers that ruined her once beautiful face. He made her feel beautiful, she thought. “I will.”

At the answer, Kwangmin crashed his body onto hers and lifted her slightly off the ground as he wrapped his arms around her waist tightly. “Finally, I found you, my Valentine.” 

 

 

We know we haven't updated oneshots in a while. We wrote this story in a hurry today. It's kinda over midnight for us so technically its not Valentine's day anymore, and the story isnt perfect, but we hope that we will be able to give you some love and warmth on a occasion like this. Not everyone has dates for Valentines, but if you are willing Yoogeum are here to be your valentine :D <3 

Please do update and comment below ! ^^ Much love! 

On a side note, we are currently working on a story called "Send me A Rainbow", and a story which we have just completed, "What does my love mean to you"  It's a Boyfriend story. Do support it if you are interested ! 

 

Send Me A Rainbow

 

What Does My Love Mean To You [Complete]

Happy Valentine's day lovely! 

Love, 

Yoogeum <3 

 

Credits to: http://25.media.tumblr.com/879d82956ca04f06853738252880f575/tumblr_mh6ir9DCFS1rats85o1_500.png