First Snow

Jar of Rainbow Cookies 무지개 쿠키의 항아리

Characters: Youngmin

*Any similarity to any story is purely coincidental

 

 

“Jo Youngmin ! Youngmin, just tell me to stay, just tell me that and I won’t go … Please” she begged as she held onto his hands tightly. “I…I can’t.” he mumbled. You are so stupid, Jo youngmin. Why can’t you just tell her to stay ? He reprimanded himself as he silently debated about his actions. A tear escaped from between his eyelids as he felt her hands slip out of his gentle grip. He slowly opened his eyes, trying to comprehend what had just happened. He watched as she walked away, never turning back, her hands occasionally lifted to her face, wiping away what seemed like tears. Disappointment lurked in the air around them as she inched further away. As what he had expected, she never turned back, waving at him as they both showed signs of reluctance when parting as they usually did. Youngmin stood in the cold wind for what seemed like eternity. His fringe pressed against his forehead, covering his eyes, as he sneaked a  look at her through his bangs.

She was no longer there. The long street was clear of any signs of human. Finally, he turned around, walking down the street in the opposite direction. The wind seeped through the gaps between his fingers, biting on his palms. That journey home was no longer the same. The hands he thought that would never let him go was not there anymore. There were no more goodbye kisses, insistence on sending his lovely girlfriend home, or strolling to the nearest subway station near her home. All was gone, or so he thought at that moment. Jo youngmin, you need to let go. She is going to go to America for her studies, for her future. It would be awfully selfish of me to tell her to stay… yes Jo youngmin, ,you made the right choice.

He pulled his hoodie over his head as the dropping temperatures started to torture his skin. He roamed through the streets aimlessly, his legs unknowingly bringing him to the place where all these had started….

It was a cold heartless winter night, the warmth of happiness and laughter filled the air. Youngmin rubbed his hands together for warmth as he paced up and down the pavement nervously. He had never had the courage to do all these before, and his pride probably got the better of him. In a distant, he spotted a tall, slender figure, hair flowing with the wind. Her red coat covered from her neck to mid thigh, matched with a pair of black stockings and white boots. His hands unknowingly shot up into the air, frantically waving to catch her attention. She flashed him a shy smile as she waved back. Youngmin jogged towards her, his lines running through his mind as he took each step, closer towards her. 

“Hello youngmin!  So why did you call me here?” A sudden gush of blood rushed to his cheeks as he looked into her eyes. Sub consciously, he lowered his head and placed his hands in front of him. “Listen, I will only say this once,” he arrogantly announced as he lifted his head “I really like you, so much that any moment I am going to go crazy. So, will you be my girlfriend?” and with that he quickly shifted his gaze to a nearby store, anticipating her answer. “I …. It would be my honor!” she replied, only to be enveloped into his arms. At that very moment, the first snow of winter fell… “I’m glad I got to spend the first snow with you.” She said, with youngmin sheepishly replying “even the heavens are celebrating for us.”

“well then I guess, since even heaven is supporting us, there’s no way we will ever part right ?”

“Never, I will never let you go, not even over my dead body.”

Youngmin dragged his feet along the pavement. A smile crept up onto his face as he recalled the beautiful moment. “OH how I wish I could spend the first snow with you this year as well”. Memories flowed back into his mind. Her smile, her scent, her playful smirks. … how could he ever live without her?

As he passed by the exact point where he confessed to her, warm tears flowed down his cheeks. Her tearful plead replayed in his mind.  He closed his eyes as he allowed himself to think. “I… will never let you go. “ and with that, he turned around and sprinted back to her house, never once stopping. “that’s right, I won’t ever leave you”.

Finally he came to a stop. The same majestic gate greeted him. He hurriedly brushed his fringe into place and adjusted his coat. With the same anxiety as when he first confessed, he pressed on the dorrbell. Within seconds, the gate creaked open, revealing an angel he longed for all these while. Tears welled up in his eyes as she walked towards him. “Listen, I will only say this once. Please, don’t go. I won’t ever let you go.”  Youngmin said, faced with his smiling angel. Immediately, he pulled her into his chest. As he felt a warm liquid flow down his chest, he gently his hair.

“Don’t ever leave me again, youngmin uh…”

“Never, I am never letting you go, not even –“

“…over my dead body. You’ve said that twice.”

“and I will continue saying it for the rest of my life”

With that, giggles filled the air and the first snow of winter fell….

 

 

Do comment and subscribe! Don't be silent readers ^^ Thank you ! 

*credits to CrystalRainbow for the lovely posters ^^ 

 

YooGeum <3