Work Things Out

I'll Be Your Gold

"I'm going straight to the business. i want you to stay away from my daughter and i won't take no for the answer."

Kim Jongin already knew that he will heard something like this when he accepted the invitation from Jung Jaewon to meet him for a meeting after office hour. He knows from Soojung that her father is against their relationship. Jongin fully understand that. He doesn't want to against her father, but he also doesn't want to let go of Soojung.

He decided to try to work things out with Soojung even though that's going to be hard, but for a chance to be with Soojung, he will do anything. He will try to make the man in front of him understand.

Jongin look at Jung Jaewon. He has a strong figure, broad shoulder, straight posture, a symbol of how he always manage to keep his body in shape. The way he dress, Armani suit, Cartier watch, and branded shoes also showing how much financial capability he has. The way he talk and look to the people around him including Jongin, sharp look that could pierce someone's soul and sometimes intimidating, sharp tone of his voice, showing how much of power he possess. In short, everthing in Jung Jaewon only legitimize how powerful he is.

But Jongin won't back off from him. "I'm sorry, Sir, but i won't follow your order. You don't know me, you don't know how deep my love for Soojung is and how serious i am to her. You don't know us."

Jaewon's looking at the young gentlemen before him. He has to admit, that in such a young age, Kim Jongin is someone who shouldn't be underestimated. Despite his handsome face, Jaewon can see that this boy is someone serious and he can see that Jongin is actually a man of word. He already had someone to follow Jongin and reported to him anything about the boy. He has to admit once again, that despite the lack of fortune, Jongin live his life responsibly. Never once he had done something embarrassing, something related to criminal. In fact, he is a very smart boy since little. Jaewon knows all that fact. But the love he has for his daughter blinded him. For him, Jung Soojung should only be together with someone who's wealth is the same or not more than him. For him, Jung Soojung deserve someone's better than the boy in front of him, someone's with heart and fortunes.

"I don't want to know about it. like i said before, i take no for the answer. You, Kim Jongin, stay away from my daughter or you'll regret it."

With that, Jaewon leave Jongin alone. Jongin's shoulder drop and he takes a deep breath. A single tear run down his handsome face.

"No, Soojung baby. I won't give up. I'll find a way to get to your father's heart. We'll work this things out together. I won't leave you."


***

 

“Soojung babe, wake up, we’re almost arrive.”

Soojung slowly open her eyes. She doesn’t know for how many hours she has been asleep in her man’s arm. Groggily, she looks outside the window. Her eyes met with an unfamiliar sight of small town. She can see farms outside the window, humble citizen, small buildings, just the opposite of Seoul she knew.

“Oppa, where are we?”

Jongin takes a deep breath before answer her question. He looks into her eyes deeply and answer her.

“We’re at Gwangju, dear. Once we’ve arrived at the station, my old friend will pick us and take us to a secret place before we move to our final destination.”

Soojung listen to his explanation carefully before smile at him.

“Okay Oppa. anywhere it is, as long as I’m with you, I know it’s a good place.”

Relieve, Jongin smile and kiss her forehead.

Maybe after this every thing will going to be all right.

 

The couple continues their journey by car. They met Oh Sehun, who happen to be Jongin’s elementary friend and live in Gwangju. He knows all the story about the couple and willing to help them.

One question still remain in Soojung’s heart, nevertheless.

“Where are we going, Jongin Oppa?”

She finally ask that after an hour of trip. She’s very curious because at first they’re still at the center of the city but as time passed by, they’re no longer in the city. It seems that they’re on the side of Gwangju.

“Soon baby, we’ll arrive and you’ll find out. Just trust me, okay?”

Soojung nods as she can only see love and tenderness in his eyes.  She knows that this man will never betray her and lead her to danger.

 

They arrive in a small village after another 30 minutes. Jongin’s softly caressed Soojung’s cheeks, carefully for he doesn’t want to make her startled.

“We’re here babe, wake up.”

Soojung then wake up. She takes a look at the building in front of the car. The building doesn’t seem to be strange and unfamiliar. It’s not a big building, small actually compare to the same building she always visit in Seoul. It has a white paint, wood-made door, and big windows. It has one bell tower. She knows that this is her first time coming here, yet she felt familiar.

Jongin opens the door at her side and help her coming out of the car. He carefully watches her as she’s still observing the building in front of them.

“Oppa why are we here? Why are you taking me to a church?”

Jongin looks in her eyes tenderly. He kiss her forehead, her cheeks and lips before carefully explains to her.

“This is it Soojung-ah. This is the place where I want to take you. As you see now, we are in front of a church. The reason why I’m taking you here…. Is because I want to marry you. Jung Soojung, will you marry me? be my loving wife, be the mother of my future daughters and sons? Will you?”

Jongin said that word slowly as if to give Soojung a chance to absorb every single word he said. He then took out a small black velvet box and opens it for her. It was a white gold ring with small diamond as the embellishment.

Soojung gasps. She closes with her hand as she can’t contain her feelings that about to explode. This is the moment that she’s been waiting for a long time. But she never thought that it would come today. This time, when they’re on a runaway from her parents.

“Why Oppa?” It’s the only word she manages to say to him. She needs explanation before she answers him.

Jongin took a deep breath.

“I don’t know if this makes sense but baby you should know that I can never live without you. Remember when your father tried to separate us and we couldn’t contact each other for almost two months? It was the hardest time of my life. I couldn’t work properly, eat, sleep, and rest for all I’ve been thinking is you. That was when I realize that I can’t live without you. I realize that whenever I’m with you, I can do everything perfectly, everything will turns out to be good when I’m with you. But my life is like a misery when I’m not with you. Whenever we fought, or things bad happen between us, everything will turns bad also.”

Jongin look at Soojung deeply in her eyes, nothing but love can be seen in his eyes. He caressed her cheeks for a single tear already dropped at her cheek.

“Soojung-ah, you are the best thing ever happen in my life. Ever since my parents and grand parents died, I can never trust anyone and love anyone else but you. You complete me, complete my life. With you, I can have a friend, a sister, a mother, and a lover. You are everything to me. I can never find another girl though maybe there is a lot more beautiful girl than you, but all I want is you to be mine.”

“I know that our relationship is not always flower, sweet, and perfect. I know we got issues here, with your father doesn’t approve us. But I still want to make things work with you than go ahead with your father’s wish and start a new life alone or with someone new. That’s why baby, I’m asking you to marry me. I want to be your husband, the one who can give you happiness for the rest of your life. I’ll protect you and I won’t let you suffer. Our life maybe will not work smooth and you may have to live a modest life. I maybe can’t give all the luxury like your father gave to you. But I promise you I can give you happiness; I can provide you things to be called home. As long as you love me, as long as you’re with me, then I can be anything you want me to be. I’ll be your gold, your best man.”

“So I’m asking you this again, Jung Soojung. I’m asking you for the last time and if you say no, then that’s fine. I’ll return you to your father and –“

Jongin couldn’t continue his sentence as Soojung kiss him deep and passionately.

Soojung, with tears streaming down her face, just smile and held his hands tightly before finally manage to say her answer.

“Yes Oppa. yes. I will Oppa. I want to be your wife; I want you to my husband. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, live a happily together with our future children. I trust you Oppa. I trust you with all my life that you will never let me suffer. So the answer is yes. Yes Oppa, let’s get married.”

Jongin’s smile can never be any wider. He lean to kiss her lips, softly, deeply passionately before someone’s cough forces them to break the kiss.

“Jongin-ssi, Soojung-ssi you can come in now. The pastor is ready. Beside both of you should change your attire. You don’t want to marry in jeans right?” Sehun announce to them while smile softly at the happy couple.

 

“Now you may kiss the bride.” The pastor said to the newlywed.

Just a while ago, Jongin and Soojung change their clothes into a proper one. Jongin wear a simple black tuxedo with white shirt and Soojung wear a simple knee-length, broken white wedding dress. She let her hair loose. All thanks to Sehun and his wife who has lend them their wedding attire for the newlywed.

Jongin and Sehun never feel any happier than this. When they said they word “I do”, the whole problems seems to be gone from their life. They can view their bright future life together.

Jongin leans his head to her, smile and whisper softly, before kiss her. “I love you Jung Soojung. I will make you happy for the rest of your life.”

Soojung smiles in between the kiss and whisper after they broke the kiss, “I love you too Kim Jongin Oppa. I know, we’ll be happy together from now on.”

They kiss again. More passionately this time.

 

Jongin and Soojung know that they know nothing about marriage, but they will work things out together. They know that Soojung’s father still not approving their relationship moreover their marriage, but they believe that one day he will understand. They will try to make him understand and prove him that all his thought are wrong.

Jongin and Soojung smile in between the kiss, imagining their future life together. It maybe not going very smooth but as long as they’re together, they can always make things better. As long as they’re together, they can conquer the world together.

 

*** THE END***


PS. I'm sorry for not updating this story after a long long time. Work you know, i barely have the time to write and even if i have, i run out of the idea. the ending itself is not satisfy me. i'm totally disappointed with this ending, i don't know why. So i'm really sorry if you find this story and the ending is disappointing and boring and not worth your reading time :( but i'm also thank each and everyone of you who have subscribed and read the story until the very end. Thank you!!