I Will Be Responsible For You

I'll Be Your Gold

Its been hours since they start their journey. A journey they don’t know where or when it will end. A journey to hide themselves; for their parents, from their friends, from people who knew them. A journey to start a new life.

Kim Jongin looks at the woman beside him, a woman he loves the most that he’s willing to sacrifice anything just for a chance to be with her. He slowly remove his right hand and her cheek slowly.

She’s sleeping but still, Jongin can see the frown forming in her forehead, as if she has a bad dream. Jung Soojung has always been like that ever since they start their journey. Although she tried to cover it with her smile, but Jongin knows better.

She’s sad and depressed on the inside.

 

***

3 hours ago

 

Soojung was in the middle of sleeping when she heard a knocks on her window. She opened her eyes but she refused to walk to her window. It can’t be someone outside her window for her room is on the second floor.

But the knocks kept coming and it got more intense. She then walked toward her windows, opened the curtain and a gasped release from her lips when she found her boyfriend for 5 years outside her window. She opened the window and welcomed him into her embrace.

They hugged and kissed passionately like their life depends of it. They kissed like there’s no tomorrow. Soojung then pulled away from the kiss to catch an air, she rested her forehead to Jongin’s, their nose touched, eyes locked on each other’s. They didn’t have to say anything because their hug and kiss and stare said it all.

They missed each other so bad. It’s been almost a month since they meet each other. They want to meet but unfortunately their fate spoke differently.

“Jongin oppa what are you doing here? How come you are here now? It’s past midnight! What.. what.. what if someone sees you? What if my father sees you?” Soojung asked him in a rush tone. Sad, afraid, and concern could be seen from her eyes.

“Ssssshhh baby, calm down. I will explain to you one by one okay. But please calm down.”

They then sat on her bed. Hands tangled into each other as if they’re afraid if they let go, they won’t be able to hold it ever again.

“Soojung baby, I want you to listen to me. Listen and think very carefully because I will only ask it once. You got it babe?”

Soojung nodded.

“Baby, I know and completely understand our situation now. How hard this situation for both of us. I know that your father will never accept me. I understand that. But you have to know that I love you just too much that I can’t make myself to understand this situation anymore. I love you just too much that I can’t wait for another day to meet you, that I can’t bear this tormenting feeling because I can’t meet you, see your face, hug you, kiss you. I love you just too much that I’m asking you now to run with me. I’m asking you to leave your live and move with me –“

“Jongin oppa, I’m sorry but what are you talking about? Runaway? What is that –“

Jongin cut her word with a kiss on her lips; an attempt to calm her down and it always work.

“I’m not done yet baby. And yes, I’m asking you to runaway with me. You know I’m already working for more than a year right? I now have my own saving account and it will be enough to support our live for a few months and I’ll find another job. We’ll move from Seoul, we’ll go to a faraway place where no one could ever find us, where we both are unknown. Just the two of us.”

“But why oppa?”

“Because I love you just too much. Because I only have you, us and your trust. Trust me Soojung baby that I’ll never desert you, that I’ll always try to give you happiness. That’s why I’m asking you this. Will you go with me?”

“Where will we go?”

“You’ll know it once we arrive there. Therefore I just need to hear your answer. Trust me baby, I’m a man with word and I will always responsible for you. I’m not asking you this before thinking of a plan for both of us. Now, your answer is?”

Soojung stayed silent for a minute or so. In a flash, she could see her father, her friends, her live here in Seoul. She closed her eyes to think about her boyfriend’s over for a second before opened it and looked Jongin in the eyes.

She could only see love and tenderness in his eyes. Love so big and a great determination that show that all his words are true. And she knew right then and there that she couldn't live without this man.

Soojung nooded and just said, “Let’s go Kim Jongin oppa. I trust you. Let’s go.”