Reminders

First Love Turns Second

So Eun’s POV

 

I was going to meet him again. We met two days ago but with our staff to discuss the song. Today was meeting up for filming. That meant I had to keep up an image and smile like nothing happened. I was nervous as I was waiting for him to arrive.

 

He emerged from the entrance and I greeted him cheerfully, “You’re here?”

 

“Hello, did you sleep well?” He asked me as I waved to him. Instead of waving back, he attempted to grab my hand but hesitated for a minute.

 

“Yeah, you?” I asked him but I knew he did not. 2PM had a busy schedule and his eyes were showing it all.

 

We came to a museum where we could find all the Korean movies. All the soundtracks were here too. We sat in a cubicle after choosing some albums from the shelves and listened to them together. His face was serious and he never spoke.

 

He shared with me his favourite song. Even though we were together for very long, I had just realised the type of songs he liked and I felt I had gotten to know him better.

 

“Ah, this song reminds me the movie. I miss that movie. Too bad I can’t find the movie anymore. Such a pity.” I picked out a song from the pile and listened to the OST. The song was titled ‘Said Goodbye’.

 

“Do you want to watch the movie?” He asked me.

 

“Why?”

 

He stood up and prompted me to do the same, “Let’s go.”

 

“What?”

 

“Let’s go watch the movie.”

 

♪ ♫ ♬

 

The movie theatre was entirely empty and he signalled me to go to the seat. We sat down and the movie had started. It was my favourite movie ever. I did not believe he actually went to such great lengths to get it on the screen again!

 

In fact, it was the movie we watched for our first date. I wondered if he felt the same – heart thumping like nobody’s business. I wondered if he could hear my heart skipping beats.

 

As the male lead was crying in front of the chapel, I felt my tears forming in my eyes. I felt useless for crying at the exact same scene as before. I cried and laid on Jun Ho’s shoulder when we watched it the first time and he laughed at me. So now, I was determined not to shed any woman’s tears.

 

“I thought the at the church was beautiful.” Jun Ho commented after we left the theatre.

 

“That’s Jeonju.” I told him, “I’m the Jeonju Film Festival Ambaassador.”

 

“Oh really?”

 

I was surprised when he asked me back, “Oh, so you did not know…” I was slightly disappointed but I masked it with laughter.

 

“Actually, I have always wanted to go to Jeonju’s traditional village for a visit.” He admitted.

 

I smiled and an idea came into my mind, “Should we go?”

 

“Should we go today then?”

 

“Take the train?”

 

He raised his eyebrows and I knew that our minds clicked together instantly.

 

Jun Ho’s POV

 

“When Park Shin Young turned around and said ‘Darling’, it was so sad…” So Eun covered and explained.

 

“Did you cry?” I asked. I knew she was crying but she was secretly wiping her tears. I knew she would cry at that scene. That was what happened to her before and she would definitely be touched again.

 

“I tear up a little bit,” She admitted. I was right. She continued, “But you were right beside me! How could I cry? I held it in.”

 

It’s okay to cry in front of me, I thought to myself. I gave her the props with my fist and she laughed. “The prop fits you well. It fits you well, don’t you know that?”

 

“Really? I think my fist looks very cool.”

 

“Let me see.” I suddenly took this chance to grab her hand confidently. She shuddered a little but did not let go. That was a relief. I pretended to be cool about it and said, “Hey, it’ll hurt so much if you hit someone.”

 

She smiled a little. She knew that. She knew how much she had hit me using her strong fist. It was no joke and I would never want to experience that again. I remembered the time when she hit me using her fist when she saw me ‘flirting’ with one of her friends in class.

 

“Right. I fight well.” She reminded me.

 

As she was comparing fists with me, I started to reminisce about our school days but I could not be obvious about it, “You were famous in school, huh?”

 

“Hey, Lee Jun Ho, bring it on,” So Eun rose both her fists into a fighting position. I turned away. It looked like she did not want to be reminded of her… or our school days. We both laughed nervously and did not look at each other.

 

Bittersweet memories.

 

“My hands and feet are bigger than other people. So it has an effect of making my face looks smaller. If I’m holding a mic, you can only see my fist.” I laughed when her expression changed.

 

She rolled her eyes and snorted, “Aigo, what do we do with him? Is this self-praising?”

 

I stretched out my hand for her, “Look at it.”

 

Then our hands meet as we measured the sizes of our hands palm to palm. Her eyes widened and it was adorable to watch her being amazed. It was as if she forgot how her hand could fit into my grip securely in mine. Maybe she forgot the feeling of having her fingers intertwined with mine.

 

“Should I read your palm?” She offered.

 

“You read palms?” That was a new thing I knew about her.

 

I concentrated at her expression as she touched my fingers one by one, trying to control my facial expressions. My heart was hyperventilating as she slowly traced my fingers and pouted to read my palm in a serious manner.

 

“You will live long, earn a lot of money and have a lot of fame as well,” She nodded and continued, “Kids-wise, you’ll have one daughter.”

 

“One daughter?” I immediately got reminded of our past.

 

Daughter.

 

We could have one daughter by now.

 

Our daughter would have been running around our house, calling us ‘Daddy’ and ‘Mummy’.

 

That dream was gone.

 

Gone forever.