001

Colors Swirl [Kris Version]

"Kris it's time to go now." Kai's hand lightly gripped my shoulder through the heavy jacket. How could I leave yet? "It'll do no good to stay. There's nothing else we can do." Suho chimed in quietly as to not disturb anybody. A loud cry echoed around the small room as Tao's mother mourned along with his family. As for me and my friends we just kinda showed up.

The suit I was forced to wear was itchy and scratched at the back of my neck. The pounding headache I woke up with was getting worse and I felt like vomiting. "Let me stay a little longer." I mumbled and shook off the hand still on my shoulder. "I... need to be here." But I shouldn't be explaining myself to them. It's not like they really cared for Tao at all.

"Okay but if you need a ride you can call me." Sehun said. And I watched as they quietly slipped out of the house. Now that they weren't around I started crying. And by crying I mean silently sobbing. I shouldn't even be here. This should have never happened and Tao should be here right now. We should at my house, cuddling or something.

"Kris you're so warm." Tao's toes curled against mine and their coldness shocked me. It was unbearably hot in my small room. It was suffocating me to be under blankets and sharing body heat with someone who lacks it. "I'm not warm. It's just you're freezing again." He walked here from his house. In the snow and alone at night. And high.

"Kris, my head hurts." His face burrowed into my neck and I felt him start crying. The coming down from drugs seemed to be the worse. He crashed and burned and I couldn't do anything besides hold him and lie to him. Lie to him and tell him I'm not upset and that it's no big deal. Lie to him and tell him everything is perfect and bull.

"I'm gonna be sick." He bolted off the bed and a second later I was listening to the sound of the bathrom door slamming shut. I slid off the bed and knocked on the door. "Tao, are you alright?" But it was quiet. I didn't even hear the sound of him hurling or the toilet flushing which was odd. I cracked the door open and thanked God this cheap apartment didn't have good locks.

When I opened the door he was lying on the floor face down. And that's the first night he ever truly out on me.

The service seemed to drag on into the night. But it was only really around 7 o'clock. "E-excuse m-me?" A little girl sat down next to me against the wall. "Are... y-you Wu Fan?" "Yeah I am." I recognized her as Tao's cousin. Tao ahd shown me a picture of her a long time ago it seemed. "H-he would have... wanted me to give you this." She grabbed my hand.

She put something in my palm and wrapped my fingers around it. "I should go now." She whispered and scooted over towards who I assumed was her mom. I caught a glimpse of gold when I peeked into my fist.

"Ge?" Tao sat down on the bed next to me. "What's in the box?" Tao's wondering eyes focused on the little white box in my lap. "It was suppose to be a surprise but I guess I gotta give it to you now." I sighed and slid the lid off the box to reveal the ring concealed inside. "For me?" Tao asked and I jsut nodded and rested my head back against him.

"It's perfect." I slipped it onto his hand and our fingers interlaced. "Promise me you won't let anything happen to it." Tao just nodded. Three months worth of income went into that ring but it was worth it because it meant Tao was mine. Mine and only mine for as long as he wears the ring.

More tears threatened to fall at the memory that seemed so tainted now. I thought he sold this thing a long time ago. I thought he used it for drug money or something. But I was wrong, he was just keeping it safe all this time. I looked up and saw his cousin looking at me. Sobbing but smiling like nothing was wrong. Everything was wrong now.

I quietly excused myself not that most noticed. They were too busy mourning and comforting eachother. And once again I was greeted with snow flurries and freezing wind. "Tao would've kept me warm." I sighed and headed towards my apartment. I was glad it was only about a ten minute walk. Last thing anyone needs is me freezing into an ice cube.

"Hey! Kris wait up." Someone yelled from the sidewalk behind me but I didn't stop walking. "Hey! Didn't you hear me?" A hand grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. It was only Luhan standing there shivering in his over-sized jacket. "I heard you, I just wanna get home." I said and started walking again. "Can I come over?" Luhan kept up with me."I don't see why not."

"Wu Fan can I see your apartment?" Tao excitedly bounced around the sidewalk like a kid on too much sugar. "Why?" I shrugged and wet back to sipping the warm coffee Tao had bought me. "Because you always see mine and I want to see how the better half lives." Tao pouted up at me and stopped moving so much. "Better half?"

"Yeah the rich people." Tao's expression changed but his smile didn't faulter at least. "I'm not that rich." I said but he just slapped my arm. "Yes you are. Your parents live in a nice country home, you have a job, you've been to college on a scholarship. I can't even afford to keep my power anymore. You're rich, trust me."

I didn't know Tao felt like I was so much better than him. "Fine I can show you. But only because I ahve a headache and it's cold." I lied. I didn't want to make Tao feel worse about his situation. He was right about me having money and nice stuff. His apartment could fit in mine and then some and I knew he hated that. So why was he so excited?

"Thank you! Thank you!" Tao grabbed my arm and started dragging me towards my building. He's seen the outside a million times on a million different occassions. 

"Kris aren't you gonna unlock the door?" Luhan tapping my cheek knocked me into the real world. "Oh yeah." I slipped the key into the door and listend to it click open. The door opened to a familiar scent and the same old stagnated air. "Why is the window open?" Luhan made his way across the room to close said window. "I forgot this morning."

Luhan took his spot on the end of the wrap around couch. "Do you want anything?" I asked and headed for the kitchen after stripping off my shoes and jacket. "Some tea is nice." He said and the TV. I glanced back at him and sighed. He always looked so comfortable and calm. I wanted that right now. I craved it and needed it.

"This is beautiful!" Tao cooed and ran a hand over the armrest of the dark couch in the middle of the room. "Must be expensive." He sighed and sat down on one fo the cushions. He looked beyond uncomfortable, just like I suspected he would. "Do you want a drink?" I asked. "Tea?" He perked up and glanced at the TV on the wall. "Sure."

"This is really nice." Tao commented when I sat our teas on the coffee table in front of us. "It's not that nice." "And why not?" Tao asked and leaned over to my shoulder. "Because it's too big and has too much stuff. I hate the emptiness when no one stays over with me." Was the short but modest answer. It was so lonely all the time.

"Kris? Is the tea ready yet?" Luhan asked as I was pouring our cups. "Give me a sec." I answered. Luhan didn't fill the empty space left where Tao should've been sitting, waiting for a drink. I sat his cup in front of him, a strong sense of deja vu settling in the air. "Kris can we talk about Tao?" So that was hi motive behind the surprise visit.


a/n: I'm back! And with another depressing story. This is the second part I promised I'd get around to writing finally.

This isn't a one-shot like the original was. Because I feel this story needs more in deoth looks at their lives together.

So please subscribe. Please make sure to read the first story. Shameless advertising time.

This is my Tumblr.

Feel free to go look at that I guess. And please comment. Thank you all.

-Alicia