agenda three.

the blind dancer.

 

 

kyungsoo envied people who could see.

 if he had to choose what sense he would have to sacrifice in order to keep living, he would choose to be mute. even though he wouldn't be able to sing again, at least he could hear and see. 

sometimes he thought of killing himself. 

why would the higher up lingering about in the sky suddenly decide to make him blind after granting him a wonderful opportunity? 

they were playing a joke on him, kyungsoo was convinced of that. 

 

a very cruel joke.

 

-

sometimes kyungsoo wondered whether he should consider life as a joke. if he tried to think in such a narrow minded manner, he would at least be rid of the thousands of unsettling theories that would flood his mind at every minute, every second of his life. 

he would struggle to breathe as he thought about his crushed dream and the opportunities no longer pursueable. it hurt, it really pained him to think of how drastically different his life would be if it wasn't for the tragic accident. 

he had not only lost his parents on that fateful day, he had lost his will to live. 

his soul had wilted by then like a flower when winter approached.

-

jongin hadn't always been a stuck up kid. he had been octracised by his biological famly as soon as he came into the world for he was the result of a one night stand. to make things worse, his mother had committed suicide infront of the poor boy when he had been seven years old.

his father had blamed the death of his mother on him.

after his mother's death, the father and son began to grow apart. 

he considered himself as an orphan since that day.

-

life wasn't completely horrible for jongin. for his half brothers were the kindest souls in the world. his father had decided to marry this famous mixed korean ballerina who happened to hail from russia. therefore it wasn't a surprise to see his half brothers looking like eurasians. 

"jongin, these two are going to be your new brothers from now on." his stepmother had said in a sweet sickly tone. jongin wasn't sure whether to appreciate the fact that she was kind to him due to his talents or to hate the fact he was treated like a baby.

"please take care of us," the two boys had bowed lowly to the dancer, surprising him as he had been expecting the typical s of stepbrothers. blame the media and books for tainting his mind with such stereotypes, the whole evil stepsiblings and . 

though what startled him the most was his striking resemblance to his half brothers. they were automatically recognised as brothers when in public as they had similar faces and they all shared a passion - dancing. 

jongin remembered late nights in where the two younger brothers would decide to sleepover at his apartment when their parents decided to do their 'deeds'. they would sit infront of the television, sharing a warm blanket as they munched on some snacks while watching a random movie that one of the three had chosen. sometimes they would end up going to the dance studio located next door and dance their hearts out. taemin and sungjong would watch jongin dance in amazement, their childlike eyes wide.

the main reason why his stepmother was so supportive of him was because he had immense talent in dancing. he had been forced to take ballet and jazz dance classes as his new mother thought it would do him a good deal.

 

it did.

 

though in the process, he had lost his passion to dance after his body was milked for its movements.

 

he was sick of choreographed dances.

 

-

when jongin stumbled upon a very passionate yixing dancing his heart out, he had watched the boy with envy. he was jealous for he did not posess the passion that yixing have, only the techniques. 

so when yixing revealed that he was deaf, jongin literally fell down dramatically onto the floor, complete with the clumsy landing on his tailbone. 

"you're deaf?" jongin's question rang in the air, his eyes wide. heaving deep breaths, he tried to control his breathing after a long dance battle with the deaf boy. 

his respect for the deaf boy skyrocketed that day and it continued to climb even further up as he learned more about yixing. 

for the first time in his life, he felt determined to dance. he didn't want to dance to impress people, he didn't want to dance to meet his stepmother's expectations, he didn't want to dance simply because it was part of his daily routine, he wanted to dance so that he could tell stories with his body. 

he wanted to dance like yixing, dance without needing the guide of music in order to hit those moves.

he wanted to inspire people.

 

and himself. 

 

-

"how do you do that?" a deep voice popped out of nowhere. kyungsoo could feel his face shifting, a frown perhaps. 

"do what?" he tilted his head automatically, a gesture he had been fond of since he was little. jongdae had commented on it numerous times, he would always tilt his head when he was confused. it made it easier for yixing to read him, his two friends had claimed.

"stare at people without being able to actually see them," the boy rumbled, confusing kyungsoo even more.

"i don't know. i try to face the owner of the voice according to the direction my ears heard it coming from but people keep on telling me that it feels like I'm staring at them. i always had these kind of eyes. they were naturally wide in the first place. sometimes i think of wearing shades but i don't like the feel of them on my nose," the singer murmured softly, tracing his fingers along the bookshelf. his other hand was clutched onto the cane that tapped against the wooden floor of the library.

jongin just watched his best friend chatter away with the blind boy, his heart mixed with respect and jealousy. he couldn't tear his eyes away from the blind boy for the rest of the day.

-

"i can feel you behind my eyes," kyungsoo sang softly, his melodious voice enrapturing jongin once again.  the dancer laid there, his head on the singing blind boy's lap. despite the pain throbbing through out his sore body, kyungsoo's voice had put his mind at peace. 

"it should be a sin," jongin murmured, scrunching his nose as kyungsoo played with his bangs. 

"what should be?" 

"your voice. it's so melodious, one day, i swear, i'll end up tripping over a non-existant banana peel or walk into one of the see through doors - like how chanyeol did that time, remember? - due to your voice." the dancer rambled, laughing lightly as he pictured himself turning into a klutz simply because of kyungsoo. the singer chuckled, grinning brightly. the singer could feel his cheeks heatening up, he hadn't received a compliment directed towards his singing ability ever since the accident. 

maybe he should resume singing. 

"why did you stop? i want to hear more. but happy songs this time, please. an angelic voice like yours shouldn't be singing sad songs," jongin pleaded, carressing kyungsoo's face softly, his thumb hovering milimetres away from the singer's lips. with tears threatening to fall, he resumed singing, a happy song this time around. the singer felt jongin relax in his embrace, signalling his singing was effective. 

 

yeah, he'll definitely start singing more, the singer decided.

 

 for jongin's sake. 

 

and this time, he would sing happy songs.

 

no sad angsty ballads.

-

"i admire you, you know." jongin had stated one day, out of the blue. 

"why so? there's nothing to admire about me." kyungsoo frowned, the negative facial expression tainting the innocent child like face.

the dancer did a pirouette before halting perfectly to a stop right in front of the singer. "you're still able to live with a vision impairment as if such a disability doesn't exist. your senses, especially your hearing are just like so sharp, and I'm, well, just really jealous. if i were you, i would have broken down already. you'r-, you're strong." jongin spoke, biting his bottom lip nervously. 

kyungsoo just sat there, his back against the cold wall of the chilly practice room. 

"i also envy you and your relationship with jongdae and yixing. i've grown up being isolated from the rest of my family since i brought misfortune upon my mum," the younger male chuckled bitterly, stretching his muscles.

"what about taemin and sungjong?" kyungsoo asked, his question loud and clear as the music had been temporarily switched off.

"they only entered my life recently. though it's more of the case of me looking after them. while in your case, you look out for them and they also look out for you. i'm the eldest in my family, i can't afford to fail. i work hard to maintain my reputation in school so that both the student body and staff will respect my brothers simply because i'm a role model in school. most people would call me a show off and a try hard but at least, they'd respect my siblings and won't attempt to bully them," jongin said with such ease and calmness that kyungsoo found it hard to decipher the underlying tone. 

but kyungsoo knew better, having known the boy for months now. jongin was a boy who followed the rules to the core, not because he wished to do so, simply because he wanted to appear flawless on the surface. that way, no enemy of his could be able to penetrate the steel walls built around his real self. 

by the first month that they had knew each other, kyungsoo had realised that jongin had trusted him quickly, jongin's friends had expressed their surprise at how close the two had become. kyungsoo brushed it off as simply one of those situations where people came to him and spilled out their secrets because he had this caring motherlike image attached to his personality - not that he minded it, it was one of the rare, true reflections of his lovely soul, but as the year progressed, the singer had found it incredibly difficult to just consider the matter as trivial.

fast forward a couple of months and the two were attached to the hip, always together going everywhere. the two were so close to the point of jongin actually joining in the get togethers kyungsoo had with jongdae and yixing. his two best friends hadn't mind, saying that it was nice to have a fresh face in the group, though his ears could pick up the smirks that accompanied those statements. 

 

and kyungsoo thought he had the pretty boy all figured out and what did he know?

the dancer did not fail to surprise him for the umpteenth time that year. 

and here he thought he already knew the boy.

 

". . you know, i honestly thought that you were a erted jackass when we first met. but . . underneath that fake exterior of yours, you're struggling alone to be the dependable brother," kyungsoo confessed, a soft smile on his lips. he closed his eyes, not that it made a difference much to him, and leaned even more against the wall. 

"it's my dream. you know, to be someone that my brothers can rely on. i want to see them succeed. i don't want them to go through the i've been through, therefore i'll do the dirty work so that they won't have to do it." 

"who would have thought casanova jongin's dream was to be a family man?" kyungsoo chuckled lightly, a soft smile lingering on his lips. jongin scowled, making a noise of joking disagreement as he elbowed the singer.

"what's your dream? besides regaining your sight," jongin asked bluntly, having grown restless of beating around the bush when it came to kyungsoo lately. 

the singer resumed his moment of pondering before speaking up, his voice cracking slightly as he revealed his innermost dream for the first time in years, "i-i've always wanted to dance," the small boy confessed, pursing his lips. 

"but who would teach a blind person how to dance?" his voice grew tiny as he whispered the last words, a soft smile accompanying the muttered question.

"it's stupid, isn't it? this little dream of mine." the owl eyed boy chuckled bitterly. jongin watched the boy sigh in defeat, waving the white flag that was directed towards nature. 

"i would," jongin stated firmly, his hand reaching out for kyungsoo's before entwining their fingers together. "i honestly would."

kyungsoo said nothing in return, opting to sigh in content as he rested his head on jongin's sturdy shoulder. the singer squeezed jongin's hand minutes later, signalling to jongin that he was grateful for the support. 

 

maybe, just maybe, he could continue dreaming. jongin could be his fairy godmother for all he knew. 

 

-

sometimes kyungsoo would dream. he would dream of the day he would wake up and be able to see again.

dreams were his comfort. not one day did he not try to reminise the latest dream he had. for he could see in his dreams, he could see in high definiton, full rgb colours. no body imperfection could prevent him from dreaming.

he would dream of standing on a stage, singing his heart out.

he would dream of dancing in circles, performing a dance routine yixing had came up with.

he would dream of seeing his two best friends in their post-puberty appearance.

he would dream of laughing at how love struck his friends were with their lovers.

but lately, he had been dreaming of being able to see jongin and his face. it was always when it got to the part where jongin turned around and revealed his face that his dream ended.

 

always. 

 

and that always set kyungsoo in a bad mood. 

 

-

one day, kyungsoo had enough. he had enough of kids pushing him around because he was blind, he had enough of his cane being stolen, he had enough of the taunts.

"i hate this. i ing hate this. i was born with eyes that could see and then one day my sight is taken away from me, along with my parents. is this some sort of cruel joke? you know, i rather be born blind. because at least, at least, i wouldn't know what it is like to see. but the thing is i do know - i can ing see in my dreams. and that part makes my disability a pain in the ." kyungsoo rambled angrily, crying hot tears as he slumped against the bloody wall. 

jongin watched with worried eyes, he hadn't thought of that. the dancer had chased after the crying singer, worried that the elder boy would try to do something crazy in the moment of desperation. out of all the tricks and social mechanisms he knew, he did not have one that could help ease the situation he was currently in. 

he never had to watch someone else crumble infront of him, it was always him who crumbled.

kyungsoo had always appeared calm and collected at the surface, nothing seemed to bother him and that was why jongin respected the elder a lot. if this was how kyungsoo like when he was at his limit, he couldn't imagine the pain he had to go through every day.

so all the dancer could do was helplessly hug the struggling boy, albeit the punches and pushes he received in return.

 

"shh, i'm here for you."

 

and with that, kyungsoo began to relax a little. 

-

 

ever since that heart to heart talk the two had on that one wintery late afternoon, they had grown closer. kyungsoo had started to pay extra attention to jongin, his ears perking up whenever he heard the familar voice nearby him. 

 

-

 

kyungsoo had been content with sitting in the corner of the dance practice room, listening to the beat of the music blaring from the speakers. his ears detected jongin coming closer to him, but he had brushed it off, thinking that the dancer was probably stretching or practicing a move that covered a lot of space. 

so when jongin had asked him a question, he was caught off guard. apparently it was very evident as he could hear the erted dancer snickering as the boy waited for his response. 

"care for a dance?" jongin had drawled in such a sweetly coated gentlemanly voice. kyungsoo didn't know whether to be sickened at the tone of voice the dancer had just used on him or just let his face mirror his heart, the thumping heart, as he wasn't used to special treatment from jongin.

a gentlemanly jongin was a force to be reckoned with, for the effect it had on his insides were simply incredible. kyungsoo never felt so nervous in his life.

"i-i don't know how to dance," the blind boy mumbled, blinking his eyes rapidly as he tried to stare at jongin - or more like directing his staring at where his ears had picked up the velvety voice coming from. 

"I'll teach you." the cocky boy replied, dragging the blind boy up by the hand. kyungsoo could detect the smirk in the dancer's voice, it was similar to how he could deduce those moments whenever jongdae and lu han were up to some sort of mischief and had their infamous smirks plastered on their faces which according to yixing proved to be a very scary sight. 

"but how can I learn when I can't see?" kyungsoo retorted loudly, fumbling over his steps as jongin led him to the center of the room. 

"dance is the language of the body. it doesn't matter whether you can see or hear, as long as you have your body, you can still dance," jongin lectured him, his cockiness gone. the dancer had placed his hands on kyungsoo's waist, reassuring the shorter boy that he was there for him. kyungsoo gulped out of nervousness, he had always dreamt of dancing but never had he attempted to actually dance for he was afraid of committing a mistake that would turn out to be self-inflicted pain.

jongin could sense the uneasiness from how kyungsoo's body had stiffened as they both stood still in the middle of the room with music blaring from the speakers. leaning forward until his toned chest came in contact with older boy's back, he grabbed kyungsoo's hands that had been twitching minutes ago. rubbing circles onto the boy's palms, he whispered into kyungsoo's ear, "come on, I'll guide you through the moves slowly."

tilting his head slightly to the left so he could get away from jongin's hot breath that was currently making him feel dazed, he croaked out the question lingering on his mind. "how are you going to do that?"

jongin smirked at kyungsoo's reaction, "like this." the dancer did a full body wave, his body pressing onto kyungsoo's, forcing the blind singer to copy his moves. 

the duo continued dancing, and sometime during the improptu dance lesson, jongin had ended up switching from hip hop dancing to ballroom in which kyungsoo ended twirling around and around with jongin catching the dizzy boy. 

"you're actually a pretty good dancer. you remember the moves way faster than jongdae," jongin noted cheerfully, grinning at the glowing face that now belonged to kyungsoo. the said boy raised an eyebrow as he struggled to breathe, "you tried to teach jongdae how to dance?" 

"yeah. biggest mistake of my life," the dancer panted. "stop staring at me with the judging face of yours!" jongin yelled, irritated by the growing smirk on kyungsoo's face. the remark earned the dancer a shove but jongin could tell kyungsoo wasn't affected by his indirect jab at kyungsoo's blindness. 

"hmm, what ever are you talking about, jongin-ah? i ain't staring," kyungsoo blinked his eyelashes, smiling sweetly and ohsoinnocently as he did a body wave.

jongin's body twitched, he couldn't believe how smitten he was with the bloody blind boy for kyungsoo was clearly manipulating him with those very innocent gestures, what not with the bodyrolls the elder was imposing on him at the moment. usually he would have smacked the living daylight out of the opponent but it was kyungsoo, the angel sent from heaven kyungsoo with that breath taking smile that rivalled joonmyeon's one hundred watts grin.

the blind boy knew he had won the battle of pride as jongin, the cocky blabbermouth jongin, had kept silent for the past few minutes. "cat got your tongue, eh?" kyungsoo smirked, reaching out for jongin's shoulders before clasping his hands onto them firmly. "teach me more, seongsaengnim." he murmured softly, pressing his sweaty forehead onto jongin's equally sweaty chest. 

", since when did you become so good at -" jongin swore, his shoulders stiffening as he felt kyungsoo's hot, raspy breaths on his chest. "two can play the game, darling." the singer drawled, tracing jongin's jaw with his fingers. 

"you do not know how much i want to see you." kyungsoo muttered, his thumb caressing jongin's thick lips. "you have such a well-structured face, no wonder jongdae and yixing fangirled at the sight of you. you must be really handsome," the boy continued, his eyes drooping as he tilted his head downwards, making him appear to be staring at the floor. 

jongin didn't have an answer to that. he simply didn't know how to reply. usually his vain cocky self would have ease the atmosphere but jongin was already in too deep. he would never forgive himself for ruining such a moment with an automated not so funny joke. jongin was a jerk, a conceited one but even he knew when to stop. often he didn't, hence him being known as the school y casanova but jongin didn't have the heart to spout out another fake laugh. 

he was tired of being the class clown, of having to be conceited and selfish and when actually, he was good at reading people. he had seen yixing being infatuated with him and he had also seen the jealous looks chanyeol had directed towards the two of them whenever they hanged out.

 

the dancer decided to let his guard down for once. no more pretending, no more fake laughs, no more tryhard jokes. 

 

just him and his sincere emotions.  

 

-

"i promise you that you'll be able to see me on day. in my full glory of course," the dancer had said to the singer over the phone. of course, he couldn't help but add a cocky comment for he was kim jongin. him and cockiness were a siamese pair. you cut them apart, well, the outcome would be like how yifan had stormed the house when his bb creams went missing. or when baekhyun had ran out of eyeliner. and when chanyeol accidentally broke one of zitao's precious wushu stick that had been stamped with panda stickers. 

 

all in all, ain't pleasant.

 

and with that, kyungsoo decided to resume hoping that one day, one fateful lucky day, he would regain his sight and be able to see jongin.

-

 

"if it wasn't for the fact you're blind, i would have socked you in the face for touching my face like this." jongin murmured, slightly annoyed at how cold kyungsoo's touch felt against his hot sweaty skin. goosebumps made their way onto jongin's arms.

"alas, i am blind therefore i have the right to do this," kyungsoo winked mischievously. 

"i didn't know blind people could wink!" the dancer exclaimed, surprise evident in his voice.

"oh please, i wasn't born blind therefore i know how to wink without even being able to see," the elder boy rolled his eyes, before resuming to touch jongin's face. "shush," the singer hushed the loud casanova, placing his index finger against jongin's lips.

however brilliant kyungsoo was at reading and manipulating emotions, he certainly did not expect jongin's next action. the blind boy froze, his hands stuck like a statue in mid air, as jongin imitated his previous action - touching his face. "i just. . wanted to know how it feels like," the younger boy said honestly, his fingers touching kyungsoo's surprised face with hesitation.

"thank you," kyungsoo thanked the dancer. 

"for what?" jongin tilted his head, confused by the sudden grateful 

"for being there for me, for letting me touch your face, for teaching me how to dance, but most of all, for trusting me," the singer replied, blinking his tears away. 

"your thank you is rejected," the dancer replied haughtily before he continued in a more serious tone, "because it's not over yet. i will still be here, i will be here for you until i ing die. i'm not going anywhere, kyungsoo-ah."

 

-

"everything will be fine, kyungsoo-ah." jongin reassured the bleeding boy, tears staining his sculpted face. 

 

the blind boy moved his hand, trying to find jongin's. "i need to feel your hand upon my face," kyungsoo croaked, trying to resist succumbing into the pain. "i need to feel your touch upon my skin. i'm afraid. i'm afraid that upto now was all a dream. that you existing is purely a figment of my imagination, and that my brain created you in order to relieve myself of pain and loneliness," the singer sobbed, squeezing his eyes as the pain finally hit him. letting out a groan that dripped with agony, jongin squeezed kyungsoo's hand tighter, the piercing scream that followed the groan causing him to feel fear.

"do kyungsoo. i am very much alive and very much real. though i do exist because of you, for i would have left this world if it wasn't for me meeting you. you've given me a reason to live, you've proved my insecurities wrong, you've persuaded me to continue breathing not for the sake of my brothers or for my talent in dancing but simply for happiness." jongin murmured, hushing the bloody boy, rubbing circles onto the boy's palm.

"the ambulance will come, please don't go just yet." the boy begged, tears spilling from his eyeducts.  "please." 

 

-

"where am i?" uttered an utterly lost kyungsoo. the male was standing in the middle of a meadow which stretched for miles and miles. he glanced around him, all was serene and peaceful. the birds were chirping. 

"this is your subconscious." a doppleganger said. kyungsoo just stared at the eight year old version of himself. 

"how do i get out of here?" the elder version asked nervously, biting his lips.

"that's up to you." the younger kyungsoo shrugged, kicking a pebble to a faraway place.

"but i need to go back to jongin! he needs me." kyungsoo protested, biting the inside of his cheek now.

"then try harder." was the nonchalant response the elder kyungsoo received.

"i need to go back. so . . " he trailed off, not sure whether he wanted to voice it out. all the time the idea had been reviewed constantly in his brain but never had he uttered it out loud to himself.

"so what?" the younger pressed on, raising an eyebrow. 

"so i can tell him that i love him," the singer cried out, breaking down.

the younger kyungsoo just watched the older version crumble.

 

"like i said before, try harder."

-

months passed by, and kyungsoo still laid unconscious on the bed. jongin had literally moved into the hospital room, having decided he would not attend school for his mind would always be on kyungsoo anyway, so no point in trying to pay attention during class. his parents had been mad at first but after a series of continuous pleadings and fighting between the younger siblings and the two elders, his parents had decided to leave him be. the two younger brothers would visit him at least one a day, to make sure his was eating and sleeping properly. if they weren't able to check up on their beloved brother, jongdae and yixing would check up on him instead. if their schedules liked them, jongdae and yixing would stay behind with jongin and watch kyungsoo. usually it was jongin who took care of kyungsoo.

jongin sometimes couldn't take it anymore, the stiffling silence of the room where all he could hear was his and kyungsoo's own breathing. he would play music softly, hoping that kyungsoo would still be able to hear it somehow before dancing. 

he danced his frustrationg away, he danced his sadness away. for the first time in his life, he had danced because he wanted to express his emotions. not because he wanted to satisy someone else's criteria.

but the thing that pained him the most was that he would not have the chance to confess his love to kyungsoo if the elder were to not wake up. it agonised him, the possibility of his love being forever silent.

he would sit on the sofa, reflect back, reminising memories before blaming himself for stupidly being a coward and not confessing. 

 

"i should have said those three words right then and there," jongin cried in his hands. 

 

-

 

one day, jongin received a package from jongdae. it consisted of old records and cassettes. 

"this was suppose to be our debut album. most of the songs on here are sung by kyungsoo cause he was singing the melodies. just thought you would want this." jongdae had nervously said, still surprising the dancer with his voice. 

the dancer had flashed him a genuine smile before bowing lowly, surprising the singer and baekhyun with the sudden politeness. after the two lovebirds had left, jongin had took up the challenge of scouring the hospital for a cassette player.

hours later, a panting tired jongin dragged his body back to the hospital room before settling down into the sofa provided by the hospital staff. 

"let's see what we've got here . ."

 

minutes later, the melodious voice of a childlike kyungsoo filled the room, leaving a stunned jongin frozen in his seat.

"holy . if this is what you sounded like when you were eight years old, i can't imagine your voice right now . ." he trailed off his eyes flitting towards the figure laying in the bed.

"my dancing skills are not worthy enough. i can't compete with such a powerful voice. i have to practice." jongin mumbled to himself, running a hand through his hair.

and on that day, jongin made a promise. 

 

that he would regain the passion that would light up his dance so he could one day dance to kyungsoo's singing.

 

it gave him hope in the time of darkness.

 

-

"ugh," kyungsoo groaned, his eyes fluttering open as rays of sunlight attacked his eyes. reaching up to rub his eyes, he noticed that his hands were bandaged. a slight headache pounded in his brain, causing him to sit still so that the waves of headaches could wash over. 

the sound of the elder male groaning had waken up the dancer who had been peacefully sleeping. "you're awake!" he exclaimed with delight, scrambling to sit upright before deciding to screw it and hug the singer.

"j-jongin?" the bandaged male softly whispered, blinking his eyes. 

"it's me, kyungsoo-ah, it's me," jongin mumbled into kyungsoo's neck, hot tears dripping their way onto the cold flesh that belonged to the singer.

"i-i-i can see you! i-i, oh my god, i can ing see. my ing god. you are gorgeous," kyungsoo rambled, eyes watering as his hands scoured the well chiseled face of jongin's. biting his bottom lip that was quivering as the seconds ticked by, he finally broke down, not believing that he could finally see.

jongin's face was gorgeous. it was stunningly handsome, so handsome that none of his previous dreams could have done him justice. seeing it in flesh, with his own eyes was worth it. his prayers were answered and there jongin sat, for his eyes to feast on. 

"please don't tell me that this is another dream," kyungsoo cried, his sight wavering as tears clouded together.

"it's not. you're here. with me. you can see me. and i can see you," jongin tried to comfort the the crying boy.

jongin clamoured onto kyungsoo's bed, still hugging him. the dancer tightened his hold onto the elder, not wanting to let go of him. they both cuddled in the bed, underneath the warmth of the hospital blankets. sharing soft kisses and hot touches amidst tears, jongin uttered the three words that had pained him for months. kyungsoo replied likewise, with the most angelic, jongin sweared, smile he had ever seen. more angelic than joonmyeon's. and then followed fifteen minutes of silent solace, before jongin tried to start up another conversation. "told you i was gorgeous after all."

"b-but how?" kyungsoo asked out of the blue, but jongin knew what he was asking about.

"the driver that crashed into you passed away but before that, he had given his consent to one of his family members that if he passed away, he would like to donate his organs. usually eyes can be donated up to four hours after the donor's death so we were fortunate enough to receive the donated eye within the required time period," jongin explained, fumbling over his words as his uncontained happiness started to mess up the correlation between his brain and his mouth. 

". . . god bless him, eventhough he did hit me, he gave me his sight."

"god bless him indeed. eventhough i'm an atheist but still."

". . . jongin-ah?"

"yeah?"

"can we attend the driver's funeral? you know, to thank him."

"of course we can."

-

/ / author's note : there. finally finished and posted. i apologise for the three months' delay. lost interest but regained it. i apologise if the ending seemed rush. now for the remaining three one shots in the series.