Final

Key-Chained

 

Part 1/1

 

 

A/N: Firstly, this is just a warm-up from my long hiatus. So my inspiration is a bit drained up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love you,”

 

 

Kris had never been stunned each and every time he hears those three words that comes out from the boy's lips. In fact, he got used to it already. Every time he arrives to school on the early morning, he knows already that someone would always be waiting for him at his locker. Or even during weekends where his front door will be knocked and once Kris opens it, someone will be there standing outside. That's when someone will say to him with the three foreign words that Kris would never feel comfortable with.

 

 

And that someone was Park Chanyeol, an incomplete flame who seems to never have a time to not frown.

 

 

In Kris's eyes, Park Chanyeol was incomplete yet the smile that always loyally stick onto his expression makes him doubt about it.

 

 

I love you,” Chanyeol spoke on a windy morning of autumn, the time when earth would be cold and breezy. Dead leaves falls down to the ground, leaving the trees that they had always been attached to. But Chanyeol's smile never falls down even in the autumns. Neither does on summer, spring or winter.

 

 

And Kris was annoyed by it.

 

 

He got annoyed by the fact that no matter how incomplete Chanyeol was, his smile would always succeed on covering that imperfections of his. Unlike Kris, who doesn't even bother to hide it.

 

 

Every confession Kris received from the boy, he never tried to answer it. Might as well an expression or a word. He reply nothing to him. His face had always show no emotions, lips sealed and only opens when its necessary.

 

 

When there was only awkward silence filled up their atmosphere, Kris decided to walk away, leaving Chanyeol by himself. And this became a daily routine for the two. Chanyeol confessed, Kris leaves.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On a random morning of cold winter, a small note seems to be Chanyeol's new replacement. Kris found the little blue memo stuck onto his locker, and there, words were jotted down in a messy and rush manner. The owner of the locker then took it off, and his eyes read the words carefully on what was written on it.

 

 

Kris hyung, I love you~

 

 

Park Chanyeol was a one weird boy that comes from an unknown dimension. And this would be an issue to Kris.

 

 

Rolling his eyes, Kris crumbled up the small paper and thrash it into his locker, not even bothering to throw it to the trashcan. He closed his locker and walks away from the place, not even aware that he had just left his key.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The note somehow became a part of Kris's daily routine other than having to settle with Chanyeol's antic. He would be greeted with the familiar looking blue note on his locker, and if a locker wasn't enough, it would be on his front door of his house where he lives alone with nobody else. And for that duration of period, not even once Kris saw Chanyeol's figure again. Not even his smile, not even his shadows.

 

 

As if, Kris had never met and know him before and as if....

 

 

Chanyeol was trying to back off from his life?

 

 

Once again the small note greets him on his usual morning once he arrives at school. And like always, a caption will always be there written on it in a messy way like how Kris first found it. Kris grew attached to it now. And he became frustrated with it just by looking at the words of the unfamiliar “I love you”. Because he felt something was gone in his locked heart.

 

 

Days passing by and time had moved on to the future. Slowly as it goes, the amount of the small notes he received had decreases, and Kris no longer have any single news about Park Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the time when Kris was having his graduation ceremony, he got himself a bouquet of lilacs that was placed in his locker from an unknown person. He took it out from its place, and his eyes immediately caught a familiar blue note that he recognized the most. He took it out, anticipating to read what was written on it. Possibly a congratulation note for his graduation, or perhaps the usual I-love-you words?

 

 

Oh how wrong Kris was.

 

 

Nothing was written. It was only pure blank of nothing, not even a letter.

 

 

It caught the latter taken aback. What was happening?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seven solid years passed by ever so quickly, and now Kris began to know how to smile. Working as a director in a cosmetic company, meeting new people, he slowly opens up for people who tries to be close with him. He know some people who were also Chinese like him, and while some were Korean. Yixing was his personal assistant, his lovely and nice assistant. Then there was this young kid who was actually older than him that goes by the name Lu Han.

 

 

And it had been seven years since he last heard a confession, a small blue note and a boy with a smile. Now as Kris began to lead to a succeeding life, the three things that once became his daily basis was no longer exists in his life.

 

 

Now it was only work that accompanied him. His front door of his house was empty and plain with just the solid wood, his locker was no longer his property at the time he graduated, and everything else was empty with no certain smiley and stubborn boy that comes from an unknown planet.

 

 

Every time he steps into the lonesome apartment, the first thing that he would go to see was a box that got filled up with blue notes that he had collected. It was the only thing that could make Kris remembers how it feels like to be confessed by someone that he thought was weird and incomplete.

 

 

And it was also the only item that could make Kris feels like he was not kept locked in loneliness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In just a blink of an eye, winter came greeting the month. It was cold and freezing that Kris just wish to not crawl out from his comforter. But due to a not so important meeting he had to attend, he was forced to come anyway no matter how he tried to disobey. It was no wonder that he was late for work.

 

 

For a long time of cursing to himself and trying to get ready in a rush time, he immediately runs out from his house. And it seems like fate was meddling him when there was a traffic jam all the way to his office. Great. Just great.

 

 

Damn you cars,” He grumbled, honking the car and harshly punched his stirring wheels when he was yet again stuck on the middle of the street. His unlucky day just had to come right on an urgent time.

 

 

He took a deep breath, trying to fight back his urge to throw tantrums. He leans back onto his seat, massaging his temple.

 

 

From the look of it, he wouldn't make it to his office in anytime soon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The office of the management department was greeted with an unfamiliar face of a man who they never met. Yixing immediately stood up from his desk and went over the person who has a bright smile plastered on his face. He raised one eyebrow seeing how bright the person was. He never met someone like that in his life before. “May I help you, sir?” He asked.

 

 

The person then replied. “I'm just sending some errand to give to the director of this company. Is he here?”

 

 

Yixing turned around to glance at Kris's office, in which the door was still locked and the office was dark. He looked back to the errand boy and shook his head. “I'm afraid he's not here yet. Ah, give me the errand and I'll give it to him once he arrives. I'm his secretary by the way,”

 

 

The latter grinned and he nods his head. “Sure then. Here it is and it was sent from an unknown person,” He said, handing Yixing a small package. Yixing frowned when he looked at it and found out it came from someone anonymous. “Okay then,”

 

 

Bidding a goodbye, the person was about to walk away when suddenly Yixing called out. “Wait if there's some problem, may I call you?” He asked. The person turns around to face the secretary with his glittery eyes and Yixing became quiet as he waited for an answer from him.

 

 

Ah right. Can I borrow a pen for a moment?” The errand guy asked. Yixing nods, and immediately took out a small memo pad and a pen before giving it to the unnamed tall man. The man then jots down his phone number on the paper Yixing gave him.

 

 

Can I know your name?” The secretary asked once again. In which it made the latter stop writing. He looks up from the paper he was writing, and face to Yixing.

 

 

He beamed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It took for a long hour straight just to arrive at his office. Kris went into his office with a pissed off face. He missed the meeting thirty minutes ago and it annoys him. He came to the office for nothing. Slumping onto his chair, a knock disturb his annoyance and he shot a glare to the door, where it was opened by his secretary.

 

 

What?” he shot but Yixing decided to act as if he didn't say anything and he walked towards his superior. “There's a package for you earlier,” he said, showing Kris the package that was given.

 

 

Kris grunted lowly and took the package. “From who?”

 

 

I don't even know. The errand boy said it was from an unknown person,” Yixing shrugged.

 

 

The blonde male looks up at his secretary. “And who is that errand boy? I thought Sehun was on vacation for a week,”

 

 

He's new actually. And his name is- Wait, I forgot something!” Yixing gasped, his eyes went wide. He then sprinted off for a dash out from Kris's office, leaving Kris all alone with his curiosity. He intensely observed the small package that he received from someone he doesn't know.

 

 

Kris then opens the package, slowly unpacking it.

 

 

In which he was only to be surprised when he found a familiar blue note in it. But this time, it wasn't only a note. It was accompanied by a key that belongs to something unknown. Eyes wide, he quickly took it out and read on what was written on the blue note he had long never received.

 

 

Kris hyung, I love you. And I miss you. Looks like I finally found the key to unlock your chains. Try to guess what it is, neh?

 

 

Yixing,” Kris called out but none answered him in response and it made him became anxious. “Yixing!”

 

 

YIXING!!!!”

 

 

Yes, sir?” Yixing ran into his office with a panic look. “What happen?”

 

 

Kris showed his the package. “Who sent this actually?”

 

 

Like what I said. I don't know. The errand boy-,”

 

 

Then what's the name of that errand boy?” Kris snapped.

 

 

Yixing gulped as he had never found this other side of his boss before. And it made him intimidated. He opens his mouth, and he nervously spoke with a low and slow tone.

 

 

Park... Chanyeol,”

 

 

 

 

 

Finish.

 

 

A/N: This is crap I say. Crap *facepalm* I was in rush QwQ

 

 

And important notes to all of my subscribers of my other krisyeol fictions! I'm on a 3 months hiatus because I'm going to sit for 2 qualification exams to graduate and continue to go to the upper level high school.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS; If I got subscribers for this story, I am gonna make a seqeul. But depends on my mood though.

Lazy Me = No seqeul *bricked*