IV.

Sowing the Seeds of Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“It will take me more than a week to clean the entire place” Eunhyuk muttered to himself and sighed, looking at all the mess and trash on the floor.

He opted for start lifting the papers and cartons, after he have made a couple of piles of trash he went to the kitchen and found the older cooking something, the latter was quiet, he stopped to observe the man in silence, because he looked different to the stubborn and cold man than before, Eunhyuk thought that he even looked fragile and it made him felt pity for him, so he shook his head to throw that thought off his mind, and quietly kept glancing at Donghae from the door frame.


“What?” Donghae suddenly snapped without looking at him and the younger jumped slightly in shock and cleared his throat.
 

“Er, do you have some trash bags?” He asked.


Donghae pointed to the cupboard in the corner, “First drawer.”
 

Eunhyuk went to pull some bags out and then closed the drawer muttering a “Thanks” he went back to the hallway.

 

“Eunhyuk,” Donghae suddenly called making the younger to stop on his track and frowned, it sounded odd to hear his name coming from the man. He turned around and faced him.
 

“Yeah?” he asked, raising one eyebrow.
 

“Just…don’t throw anything” Donghae said in a low voice, his eyes falling in the plates on the table.
 

“What?” The younger asked with disbelief.
 

“I mean, don’t throw anything like pictures or clothes. Put them in a box then I’ll take them, okay?”
 

Eunhyuk hummed, still a little confused but chose not to ask anything, and he turned again towards the bedroom.

 

This time he stopped after getting inside, he took a look at the belongings and furniture inside. The room seemed old in a way, it was dust everywhere. There were some pictures frames in the dressing table and the wall that he failed to notice the first time. Some ornaments hanging from the wall and some others in the table beside the window.


Now that he took a better look of the place he could say that it was some time ago occupied by someone else. It didn’t look like a guest room, he hadn’t look through the closet, but by what Donghae had said to him before, it was still full with clothes.


He started wondering who lived with Donghae before, according to his father the farm’s old, but he never mentioned anything about the man’s parents or relatives.
 

He exhaled and decided to put the trash on the bags, he was already feeling tired and he has just started.

“Lunch is ready” he heard from the other side of the door along with a knock before the sound went off.
 

He put the full trash bags leaning against the wall and then went to bathroom to wash his hands.
 

In the table were a couple of plates and chopsticks in each seat along with bowls filled with rice, and in the center a pot full covered with vegetables. Eunhyuk sat on the chair across Donghae and the latter then started eating. Eunhyuk looked at the main dish and all the vegetables hanging there, he wasn’t even sure how many kinds of veggies were there, he never liked vegetables, not even carrots, how was he even able to eat that?


“Hm.. what’s that?” he cleared his throat and picked the chopsticks with his hand pointing with them a dishes, not really with the intention of eat them.


Donghae looked through his eyes at what Eunhyuk was pointing, slightly frowning he munched the food in his food then he gave a look at the younger, “Food?” He said not really understanding if the other was really asking such a stupid question.


Eunhyuk eyebrows twitched a couple of times with wary, eyeing the food in the table with fear a beansprout would start moving and crawl through the bowl towards his direction.


“You are not obliged to eat, you know?” Donghae offered after he saw the worried and painful expression on Eunhyuk.


Eunhyuk considered for a second that option, because hell he was Lee Eunhyuk, and if he doesn’t like vegetables he won’t eat vegetables. But in the other hand, it has been more than 24 hours without having eating anything, so of course he was hungry that he could even eats a wild boar in almond sauce. Gross, he said in his mind at the image of horrid dish.


His stomach was growling, not, roaring at the lack of food in such a long time yet it inside his intestines were writhing bringing him to the edge of throw up. And he still has pride.


“I don’t eat vegetables” He voiced through gritted teeth, maybe this Donghae guy should be kind enough and cook something more edible for him.


“I’m sorry Mister Meat Eater,” Donghae scoffed.


But sure, he was Lee Donghae, and he wasn’t generous to even give an apology to him.


“But, there is some chicken beneath the offender vegetables.”


 Eunhyuk eyes glistened at the words of the other and his guts twitched more, maybe twisting in delight.


“Chicken?” He asked with a bit of hope and light in his voice.


Receiving a hum from the Donghae Eunhyuk proceeded to attack the main dish and rummaged through the bowl, mixing all the neatly cooked veggies by Donghae, not really caring the dish now doesn’t look as good as at the beginning because well it never looked edible enough since then.


Spotting every piece of chicken poked he seized them and put them on his owl plate.


After scouring the bowl and taking all the chicken he sighed and put the bowl back on the center of the table,  happily looked at this plate and eat the chicken that tasted like heaven, he wasn’t sure if it indeed tasted so good or if it was just his stomach being food deprived accepting and enjoying the chicken.
 

But the tender meat soon was gone like the rice and his happy expression went gone when his stomach notified him that it still was empty and was craving for more, he bit his lip and looked at the messy bowl as if re-considering taking a taste of the greens, an in response his stomach grumbled.
 

He cried silently and tried to think in a way of getting food inside him, but he gave up and just sipped from the glass of juice at his right.

 

Donghae stood for the table carrying his own plate and then looked at Eunhyuk.


“You gonna eat more or are you just going to keep glaring at the food?” He asked.
 

Eunhyuk sighed and reluctantly shook his head, “I’m full”. Lie.
 

“Okay” Donghae said and started to take the plates.


Eunhyuk kep

Please log in to read the full chapter