The way she danced

Butterfly Waltz

"Can you dance?" Changmin asked as he observed the beautiful stranger.

"Yes." The tall, slim girl replied.

"Can you show me?" He was eager to see the pretty lass dance.

"No." Immediately, Changmin's face saddened. He really wanted to she her dance, but that hope shattered.


As a photographer, Changmin tried his best to always capture moments that pleases the eyes of people. Even if it was an empty sidewalk, he would still take a picture. It was because he could make anything look beautiful.

Beautiful was his favorite word. 


Changmin would often pass a dance studio on his way home. He never realized it, till he saw her. A thin girl with long limbs glided her way into the dance studio. For a second, it felt like time had stopped. Even though Changmin only saw a glimpse of her, she already stole his heart and captivated it. Sadly, she passed by him so fast, like a breeze that made him get chills down his spine and goose bumps on his arms. He started to replay that short scene again, over and over. What got Changmin really attracted about her was that expression painted on her face. She didn't look content or sad. The way her eyes were off in space was mysterious and intriguing. Without thinking, Changmin went inside the studio hoping to see her again. Hope was the only thing he could hold onto when he entered the studio.

She was dancing on the wooden floor in front of mirrors stuck to the wall. He heard classical music as she did her ballet. It was a fast rhythm and he saw her feet spinning as fast as the beats. Changmin's hands automatically reached for the expensive camera around his neck. He wanted to capture her..

As he zoomed closer to take a shot of her face, he noticed something. There was a black butterfly on her neck. A tattoo. How lovely. 

She was so engrossed with dancing, that she didn't even notice Changmin. But that was fine for Changmin. Looking at her is enough because she was so beautiful. 


The next day Changmin went to the dance studio to watch her dance again. This time, he found her sitting on the floor bare foot. He saw her feet. It was revolting and completely disgusting. It made him cringed. She puts her slippers on and starts to dance, but she falls. When she fell down, it looked as if someone ripped out her black wings. She ached with excruciating pain whilst taking the old slippers off. Her feet was covered in blood, calluses and bruises. Her black toenails were chipping. The girl's feet is ugly. What was amazing was that the girl ignored the pain and stood up.

She jumped.

The black butterfly's wings are damaged.

No one cares, because they were ugly anyway.


Changmin was going to head out to the dance studio again. He was lucky, because his timing was perfect. The girl was taking a break, so Changmin took the chance to approach her.

"Hi," he sheepishly said.

"Hello." The girl replied.

"I uh.. What's your name?" Never in Changmin's life had he been so nervous in front a girl. He had talked to many girls before, so he didn't know why he lost his cool in front of this particular girl though. It was as if his brain fell asleep from the moment he approached her.

"Yeonhee." Her answers were rather short. Changmin began to wonder if he was being a burden, but he still wanted to talk to her.

"Uhm why do you dance?" he asked. 

"No reason." Yeonhee said.

"Everything has a reason to it."

"I don't want to tell you," her eyes were fierce and sharp like darts that went through Changmin's body, because he felt a stab when she glared.

"Why?" Changmin knew that he was being annoying, but he didn't care.

"Wait," she muttered.

Changmin assumed she meant for him to wait until she was ready to tell him the actual reason. He left and decided to come back another day.


Yeonhee did twirls, leaps, and Changmin saw something.. A glint of sparkle leaving her eyes. He just watched as she flew for a second.

"Why do you dance," Changmin asked, interrupting Yeonhee's dance routine and leaving a frown on her face.

"I saw a butterfly once. A black one. It was pretty," she said as her mind recalled the memory, making her face soften.

"Do you mean a moth?" 

"No, it was a butterfly." 

Changmin knew that there was more to her reason for dancing, but for now, her lips were sealed as if someone had sewn closed.


Spinning, she spins, but she trips and escapes a horrifying scream from those beautiful lips. Let your frustration and pain pour out. Don't keep it inside, it will build and make you more miserable than before.


"You're here again?" Yeonhee snapped as she saw Changmin enter the dance studio.

For the third time, Changmin asked the same question. "Why do you dance?"

"I dance because I want to," Yeonhee replied.

"Why?"

"When I dance, all my problems and troubles leave me," she whispered.

"I saw you cry though." Changmin said.

"Everyone cries. When I cried, it was not because I'm sad."

"Then are they tears of joy?"

"No, tears from walking up a stair." Her eyes looked warmer than usual.

"A stair?" Confused Changmin repeated.

"I got a step closer to my dreams." She proceeded to the center of the practice room and flew with those black wings..


She danced.

She falls again.

Yet, she continued to spread her black wings.

He smiled.


 

As you escape from reality, please forget about your worries. Just do whatever you love and don't think at all. 

For me, it is drawing.

Thank you for reading.

I forgot to upload this 2nd part even though it's been finished for a while haha. If I spot any mistakes I'm going to edit it out quickly.