Throughout The Time

OneShot Collection

Summary:

The 22nd centuary, a period torn by terroist attacks where nothing is certain and everything is possible. But what forever remains is the small tints of the past and a bond promised to last even beyond death...


 

...I love you,
The foolish you,
You're so precious to me ...


...Grab hold of your future, there is no destiny...


...I can’t believe how whispering to you can make me so nervous
Till we can be together in my world...


Bathed in sweat Hero hurriedly sat up in his bed- again.
His chest was heaving harshly and rapidly, as if he had just run a marathon; his rattling breath broke the silence of the room.
After he calmed down, his eyes wandered to his alarm clock, the red digits telling him that it was 2:06 at night- again.
Frustrated Hero closed his eyes. He was woken by his nightmare- again.
In his head the scenes, or rather the blurred figures, played over and over again, along with frazzled phrases which hardly made any sense.
The words themselves weren't what made his dreams to a nightmare- but the tone with which they were spoken in, the desperation, the colors his dreams turned into- it simply filled him with fear.

Cursing, Hero dug the heels of his hands into his eyes.
These dreams had already been haunting him for three months. They weren't all the same. The words changed so did the surroundings. However, the desperation remained- and was about to drive him crazy.

 


 


...Like the things that once filled our worlds with beauty,
The dreams we had for the future died...

...Always keep the faith...

...We experience harsh difficulties.
It feels just like we were in the darkness...

 


Eyes snapped open and stared angrily at the ceiling.
Reluctantly his hand reached out for his cellphone to look for the time, out of routine, although he most likely knew the answer.
2:04.

Again.

 



“Maybe the dreams come from the nutrition drugs”, his counselor suggested once during their compulsory meetings, needed for his training. “If you would eat regularly you wouldn't need them.”

“I can't. Training is more important than wasting time with something that can be solved in 5 seconds. This ing war has to stop- we have to catch these bastards.”

“You could eat in the hours you are awake by the nightmares- there you have enough time.” The calm but sarcastic reply left him with nothing to say. He only stared at his friends eyes.


 

...I will be with you... always, even beyond our time...

...What I'm looking for now is only effort for unity,
The same hand as mine, one shout, dream is becoming reality
Those who are eager, courageous in the appearance of love..


...please be mine...

 


 

Pausing from the nutrition drugs didn't help at all.

 



...No one else has ever walked this way
Embrace hope, keep gazing toward the future...

...It’s your love your love
You told me the meaning of love...

...I can't breathe... struggling, in agony...


He always had been somebody who knew what he wanted and stood up for his opinion. That also was the reason why he joined the terrorists. His vision of a better future was driving him to this act, a cry out against the injustice in the world.

Still, he had noticed a change in his attitude.
The dreams kept him thinking, leaving an imprint in his soul.
Although the world wide web provided a good amount of information he still couldn't find a solution for his problem.

 


 

Reading the newspaper before school was an obligation. Everybody needed to be aware of the current events in order to prepare themselves for when the time comes.
He stiffened when his eyes caught sight of the tiny words imprinted in a corner of the page. A message he knew too well.

”Always keep the faith“

His coffee mug hit the ground.

 


 

The very same evening he had a hard time falling asleep after he received a text message. It arrived earlier that day and was a response to his advertisement in the newspaper. He had been uncertain if it would be a wise decision to pull through this one; but he was desperate and frantic to find the very answers.

Once again, he glanced at the message.

“Hope 'till the end”


 

He was nervous.
With every minute, every step closer to the meeting he felt as if his heart beats faster and harder by the second. The meeting was confirmed to be in an abandoned building with hardly neutral ground but he could only hope that this Uknow wouldn't lure him into a trap. He hoped to have the advantage of arriving earlier than the other.
For safety measures he had a neutron driven gun* with him in case things got unpredictable...

 


 

...Back then we were drifting apart and we became less honest
But even now, I can say I won't let you go...

.... I won't run away if this is what it takes to grow...


“We trust each other, and are also each others strengths. Before I knew it, they are already a deep part of me. Their existence to me is as important as my life.”

 


 

Standing close to a concrete pillar he could hear the soft steps of somebody climbing up the stairs to the second floor where he currently stood.
Finally the person had reached the top of the stairs, but the shadow still hid him well.
He didn't even know if he was about to meet a woman or man, the name didn't give away much.

 


A voice calling out

“Hero”

destroyed the silence and the figure at the stairs stepped out of the shadow.


They were approaching each other and he was prepared to voice out his questions as soon as he had an idea with whom he dealt with.


 

The circumstances had changed as did their appearance, heck, the time had changed, but as soon as their eyes meet each other all didn't matter anymore.

Memories were flooding through their mind, the impact inestimable.

Their eyes glowed in recognition and a smile tugged at their lips.

“JaeJoong?”

“Hey.”

“See, I kept my promise.”

 




 

I'll never let you go, See only me
Forever in my arms you belong to me
Even on sunny or rainy days...
I'll be close to you, protecting you
The wishes we'll make,
We'll make them come true






 






A/N:

As I've been told from time and time again that this is difficult to read (which is what I intended :P)-

When things are written on the left side- it's from JJ'ss perspective.

Things on the right side are YH's.

Things in the middle they share~ ^_~

I hope that makes it easier~

* Yeah, I kinda stole this one- I read the 6th book of Artemis Fowl at that time (now I'm already reading the new book). Haha, I really love that series =)

I got the idea during my cleaning duties at my work(- again :P) I tried a different style of writing and I'm quite satisfied with it, although there are still some shortcomings..

Do you know where most of the italic lines come from?
And who knows what's behind the 'wake up time' =D