Where The Angels Fly

Could You Be An Angel?

 

Sometimes, I regret my choice of following that boy into the forest that day.

It was because I was curious. Who wouldn't have been? A boy that appears out of nowhere, only to be seen by one person, apparently invisible to everyone else on earth.
If he didn't catch your attention, then you'd be stupid.
Everything about the boy seemed perfect. Although I'd only been able to admire him from afar. There were two reasons I hadn't spoken to him, one being the fact that everyone thought I was imagining things, and the other was because he shied away whenever I tried to get closer to him.
So I tried to forget. That day when I bumped into him hadn't happened at all. I'd dreamt it, and every time I saw him was my imagination playing tricks on me. It wanted me to believe there was such a person, someone who was hiding so many secrets but didn't have anyone trying to find out what they were. But I wanted to forget him, to return to the way I'd been before I saw him. To return to when I didn't pay any attention to boys and had more trouble with my maths problems than trying to figure males out.
Yet somehow, my mind would always win.
Every time I walked past him in the hallways, I'd watch him walk away, persuading myself not to follow after him. After all, no one else knew he existed. I’d make a fool of myself if I tried to talk to him in front of everyone else.
So on that snowy day where I’d stayed behind slightly to finish some of my work that I was falling behind on; I was surprised to find him walking out of the school. He was alone just like he usually was, going unnoticed by everyone around him.
But I’d noticed him, and today, there was no one to tell me I was crazy for following, what I assumed to be, a ghost.
Well, was there any other explanation for it? Maybe I could see the dead; there were people who claimed they could. Of course, I’d never believed them, it at first seemed like they were just asking for attention. Something to make them different within the crowd of people we call society. But now I was starting to believe in the myths of such powers.
However, just to be sure, I decide to follow the boy. Just to find out who he was, why he was here, if he even was here. Of course, I knew a lot about the boy. It was as though that single touch had told me everything about him. Maybe that was why I was left breathless; it was from the mass of information being transferred to my body, taking over my mind and making it impossible for my brain to send signals to the nerves inside my body. Maybe that was why I was so intrigued by him, because he’d managed to destroy my whole body’s function with a single brush of his fingers. He hadn’t even spoken and yet I found myself hooked on everything he did.
I was sure he wasn’t human. He just couldn’t be. Maybe he once was, he certainly looked like a human. But there was a something so different about him. He had the presence of something inhuman. Of course, I’d never met anything ‘inhuman’ so I wasn’t sure what it was. If I tried to give it a title, I’d be wrong, much like one of those fools who see shapes in the night and instantly decide they have seen a ghost or alien.
I wasn’t stupid enough to do something like that. Even if people did think I was crazy.

So on that snowy day, I followed him through the city. My earphones were in my ears, and no one suspected a thing. To everyone else, I simply looked like a young girl making my way through the city, with no destination. They couldn’t see the boy I was following. They couldn’t see what I was up to.
Maybe he’d seen me. But he didn’t turn around once, so I persuaded myself that I’d gone unnoticed.
My music was loud in my ears; I couldn’t hear my footsteps or the sound of my pants after taking quick, long steps in an attempt to keep up with the boy. There was a burning sensation in my chest and legs, making me realise that taking buses everywhere wasn’t the best idea I’d ever taken, but at the moment it seemed like a good one. With every breath I took, a cloud of smoke would escape my mouth. My cheeks were frozen, along with the rest of my face. In fact, it wasn’t only my face that was freezing; my legs that were exposed to the cold due to my short school skirt had also grown numb from the weather. It made me wonder how much longer I’d have to walk; following behind a boy that no one else could see.
But my journey hadn’t finished yet. It was far from finished. The male in front of me just kept walking. I didn’t know where he was going; maybe I should have asked him. But what use would that have made?
He continued to walk, out of the city and into a large field. Being the curious person I was, I followed. By now I’d lost all sense of direction, all that surrounded me was a field. It was wide open, with nothing to guide me back if I decided that was where I wanted to go.
The only thing I could do was follow the male as he continued walking.
Maybe he knew I was behind him the whole time, which was why he continued to walk towards the unknown destination. But it didn’t really matter anymore, I’d got myself involved with something and there was no turning back.
When he stopped in front of a large forest, I knew I’d been caught. With nowhere to hide, I simply stood in front of the male as he turned around and stared at me.
“So you were following me, ChoHee.”
He sighed at me, while I gasped. He knew my name, even though I’d known his, I was still shocked.
“At first I thought we were going in the same direction, but it couldn’t possibly be coincidence. I should have known, considering the fact you could see me.”
His voice was rich like honey, making it impossible for me to speak. I wanted to him to continue saying words, and I didn’t care what they were.
“Well, are you going to speak? I know you can, I’ve heard you.”
“I guess I shouldn’t have followed you, I’m sorry for being nosy. I’ll just, turn and go back…” Even though my voice was strong, I was sure he could hear the slight unsure feeling that was hidden within my words.
It could have been the smirk that played on his lips, or his hand the grabbed at my wrist, leaving me motionless as he tugged me towards him slightly.
“Are you sure you want to do that, ChoHee?”
He was right, I didn’t want to leave. The way my name sounded every time he spoke it, sounded unusual. It was pleasant to hear, giving off a comfortable feeling.
“Didn’t think so, come on then.”
“W-Wait.” I tugged my arm free from his grasp, saddened slightly at the loss of contact. “I don’t even know your name.”
He chuckled, his smirk growing each time I spoke. “I think you do.”
Once again, I was beaten by the boy with only one sentence.
He was right about me knowing his name. It was Byun BaekHyun and he was a year or so older than me. I actually knew a lot about him, and it seemed he knew equally as much about me, even though the two of us have never spoken to each other.
My heart fluttered as he grabbed my hand once more, this time leading me into the snow covered trees that made up the forest.
“Come on then.”

We walked for hours through the forest. There were no signs of life, no birds singing their songs, no squirrels playing in the trees, only us. Two teenagers making our way through, only one of us knowing where we were actually going.
There was no signal on my phone, and I knew that by now someone would have been trying to get in touch with me. It was almost as though we’d disappeared off the face of the earth. No one could get in touch with us; they didn’t even know where we were.
But yet, I didn’t regret my choice of letting BaekHyun lead me into the forest. Instead, I welcomed the feeling of adventure, not a hint of worry within my body as I walked alongside the boy. By now I was used to the way my heart would skip a beat each time BaekHyun’s grip on my hand would increase as he changed direction slightly. But even so, I couldn’t deny that I enjoyed the feel of his warm skin against my cold hands. It was like it wasn’t even snowing, like it was the middle of summer, each time he touched me. I wanted to know how he could be so warm, despite everything around him being so…cold.
When we finally came to a stop, it was just on the edge of a large clearing deep into the forest. The ground within the clearing was just soil, and there was no life. BaekHyun stepped out into the clearing, letting go of my hand as he did so. I tried following him, only to be held back by some sort of force. Saddened, I tried once again, only to have the same happen.
BaekHyun turned, watching me struggle to fight against the invisible shield that surrounded the place. With a sigh, he walked back, out of the clearing and stood next to me.
“You really want to come?”
“Is there anywhere else I can go? Now that I’ve come with far, is there any turning back?”
He smiled at my response, cupping my face with his hands.
“There is no turning back, if you continue.”
While my words had apparently pleased the boy, his only confused me. I stared the boy in the eyes, trying to find an answer to what his words meant. But there was none, and the only thing I could see was the reflection of my face, centimetres away from his own.
“So, do you really want to continue?”
For a second I contemplated my response, but quickly realised I’d already decide on what I was going to do.
I didn’t want to go back. Being with Baekhyun just felt so…right.
“Y-Yeah.”
“Okay then.”
Every breath he took I could feel on my face. I couldn’t help but wonder why he was so close, but he only seemed to edge closer to me, our faces nearly touching.
“Sure?”
He asked again, almost hesitant. I could feel his words on my lips, but I was unable to answer, shocked by how close we suddenly were.
However the boy took my silence as a yes, smiling sweetly before finally closing the gap between us. If it wasn’t for the sudden loss of breath, I would have enjoyed the fact that he was kissing me, but it left me light headed, and I fought to gain some consciousness.
He pulled back only seconds after he pushed his lips onto mine. Yet it felt like minutes, and I fell to the ground as soon as he stopped supporting me, desperately trying to gain some air. But no matter how hard I tried, it felt like I was only loosing oxygen, not gaining it.
Just what had he done?
“It’s okay; it’ll stop hurting in a minute.” The boy tried assuring me as he crouched down on the floor next to me, my cheek in a comforting matter.
“W-What…” It hurt to speak, and I decided to leave my question unanswered, unspoken.
“You said you wanted to go to where the angels fly. This is the only way, after all.” His words sounded soft, but I couldn’t focus on them, my mind a jumble of words that held no meaning or sense.
When I could no longer hold myself up by my arms, I let myself fall; landing in BaekHyun’s lap as he spoke comforting words and hushed me every time I tried to speak. I was dying, I knew that now. Where the angels flew was ‘heaven’, that was where BaekHyun was taking me. But I couldn’t go there, until I was dead.
Without any choice, I closed my eyes, trying to fight back the eternal sleep. But I lost the battle. Or so I thought. Almost as soon as I closed my eyes, I opened them again, feeling more alive than I’d ever felt in my life.
BaekHyun smiled as I sat up beside him, looking around confused.
“What just happened?”
“You became the same as me.”
However I raised my eyebrows at the boy’s short response, only growing more confused with each and every word. When the boy realised that I didn’t understand, he stood up, offering his hand towards me and pulling me up once I’d accepted.
He led me into the clearing, and I was surprised when this time I was able to pass through.
“Let’s go to where the angels fly, ChoHee. Just like I promised.”

And that, was the story of how I let curiosity get the better of me, and eventually lost my life.

 

--

Lol. What did I just write xD
I’m sorry if this wasn’t to the expectations of those who subbed. Honestly, I didn’t know how this was going to turn out, and I just wrote everything I felt like putting.  There wasn’t even much talking, just poor description…
I’m so sorry.

But anyway, thanks for those who subbed :D
Oh, and I’m making another story about Baehky being an angel, only it won’t be a one shot, and the storyline will be very, very different.
When I post it, I’ll make a new chapter in this one with the link :D
But you don’t have to read it.