One For Me

One For Me

 

Ever since Jong-In first tried to enter SM Entertainment, he promptly adored an angel for the first sight. At that time, he was not certain about his feelings; it’s understandable because he was still too young.

I want to become an SM artist someday; this thought is the only motivation he had during that time. He was just a mere ten year old lad at that time. And the company told him to go back after two years since he was too young to become a trainee, but his urge to become an artist just rose at a different level when he saw this angel practicing her vocals when he happened to wander around the company that fateful day.

At that time she was taller than him, with a slim body frame and a flowing straight hair extending up to her shoulders. She’s like a typical noona-next-door but her only difference is that she’s more radiant looking compared to other girls in their neighbourhood.

‘’Even her voice is of an angel.’’ He remarked as he watched the young belle in awe from the door opening of the practice room.

He was unaware that the latter could hear him even if he’s in a quite distant.

‘’Who’s there?’’  The young belle suddenly stopped her vocalization as she looked at the person who was gawking at her from that very moment.

‘’Ah…ah!’’ he snapped back in trance for realizing that he’s invading someone’s privacy at that very moment, ‘’I just happen to get in here, I’m sorry noona-nim.’’ He shyly apologized cringing from his stance, as he attempted to take his first step to leave.

But he got halted by the latter, ‘’It’s okay but wait –‘’ the angel-noona beamed at him quizzically, she looked at him from head-to-toe but because her eyes were too beautiful he did not felt a single tinge of fear towards her. ‘’I haven’t seen you around before.’’

He suddenly felt an extra amount of warmth gushing to his cheeks, as he turned red due to the latter’s question. He then sheepishly smiled as he rubbed his nape. ‘’Ah, I’m really not from here noona-nim, I just auditioned just now, but they say I’m too young to become a trainee here.’’

It was quite queer for her since she was quite too young when Lee Soo Man picked her to become a trainee, ‘’Neh? That’s what they said?’’

The young lad briefly nodded; still feeling disenchanted from the judgement he got from the adults in the company.

The young lady then starts to walk near him and patted his head.

‘’Don’t worry, not all the trainees in here qualified during their first try.  If your dream is alive then one day it will come true.’’

In his eyes, that girl is indeed an angel, though she literally has those white wings on her back but the way she brightly smiles and the way she talked to him at that moment, note, that they’re still both strangers to each other at that very moment yet the kind of approach she gave to him was a lot warmer and a lot friendlier than of his playmates and friends in his neighbourhood and primary school.

Ever since that day, he braced himself that he will improve his dance even more, he’s took his dance lessons even more seriously to the point that even if the weather’s not at its best mood he would still go and he would spend extra time in the evening to perfect his every dance routine in each passing day.

He was not able to ask the name of that angel-noona during that brief moment they encountered each other but for an unfathomable reason she became his another motivation to join the company and become an artist there someday.

 

 

And so, two years has passed just like a wind breeze, this time he become more skilled, more confident with his talent and his age will be no longer an issue for his long-time dream.

It’s time for you to shine, Kim Jong-In.  He mentally reminded himself as he began to execute his audition dance piece in front of the talent scouts during that audition day.

He was more graceful than the others, though it’s queer that his audition dance routine was not a cliché pop-lock and crumping like of the other boys but was a jazz piece of a ballerino.

Some might think, that he's gay, but for a young man to know ballet unlike any other is more amusing than of a typical b-boy.

And like what that angel-noona said to him, he got the company’s offer to become a trainee during that second time.

 

 

His trainee days began, and he earned new friends quite older and of the same age as he is but he was not able to encounter the angel-noona who became his motivation since that fateful encounter since she became a part of a girl group already who was making their way to fame as SNSD.

On one day of their training, they needed to practice a song’s choreography of their sunbaenims and it happened to be that Into the New World – which is SNSD’s debuting album.

‘It’s Seohyun-noona’s debut song, so even if they’re promoting Gee now definitely I cannot mess with this.’ He inclined to his young mind that no matter what it takes, he should always be at his best with his dance especially the song that he’s assigned to learn was significant to his inspiration. And even if he hasn’t encountered her yet again, his determination that one day he will meet her face-to-face once again kept his dreams ablaze. So he practiced the hardest than anyone else, danced the most passionate than anyone else during that day.

‘’Omo! It’s the So Nyuh Shi Dae-noonas! Let’s greet them, let’s greet them!’’ one of his trainee mates who acts the most animated amongst them named Chanyeol shouted as soon as he saw the infamous girl group from their practice room’s glass wall.

All of his dance mates followed the animated young lad and gawked over the infamous girl group and some of them even went out of the room while he’s was the only one left inside who continued memorizing every single dance steps of the song’s choreography. Forgetting that his angel-noona is a member of the infamous girl group he chose ignore in order to memorize their dance assignment.

Few moments later, the animated young lad entered the practice room and beckoned him to stop dancing even just for a little while, ‘’Kai-ah! Come here, you’re too lucky someone exceptional just came here looking for you!’’

‘’Tell him I have no time for anyone, I need to nail this choreography first!’’ it’s not that because he is a motivated driven kid means that he is all-kind hearted, and it doesn't mean that he has a shy side means that he doesn’t have a bad side. Jong-In has a tendency to become haughty at times especially when his focus on doing something and eventually gets distracted by others.

‘’Fine.’’ Fortunately, Chanyeol has already gotten used to this bad manner of his. He then briefly face the person who was looking for his dongsaeng, and let her enter their practice room, ‘’Noona-sunbaenim, Kai says he has no time for you…so if you have time you can join us here in our little practice room.’’

As if no one was there but he himself, he danced to the groove of song Into the New World continuously for the first time. He did not mind his co-trainees since all that was lingering in his system was to practice, practice, and practice and become the greatest dancing machine he wanted to be.

Unknown to him, that someone special he was longing to see was already silently watching him dance from a short distance alongside with his fellow trainees.

Without a care to the whole world he began dancing to the groove, without a care to the other fellows who was with him at that particular moment he danced as if he owned the whole room all by himself.

 

Like this, I feel the dark night alone...

 

This particular part of the song is his favourite, since it’s his angel-noona’s lyrics - the start of that song's bridge, though the movement to this particular part is very feminine, he made it accordingly as if it is him who owns it, when someone suddenly began dancing beside him at that particular line and  continued dancing with him throughout the succeeding line. At first, he felt a little agitated; he’s not used of someone taking his moment but then as he briefly gazed tn the person who suddenly sprung beside him from nowhere was that particular person he was longing to see for a matter of few years already, his angel-noona  Seohyun. His heart fluttered as if it was his very first time to see the young lady. Well, it was their very first meeting after several years, and there are some changes from their first meeting and their meeting during that day – he became taller than her already, and she became a lot more beautiful than before.

As they were about to finish the whole dance routine, Seohyun spoke to him, ‘’You don’t want to see me anymore? I’m disappointed you’ve changed.’’

‘’I-it’s not w-hat I mean, Seohyun-noona.’’ He tried to defend himself stuttering as both of them danced the last part of the song so in sync together.

‘’I-I’m sorry sunbaenim.’’ He immediately bowed down apologizing as he gasped for some air.

‘’No, I’ve heard you. You have no time for me.’’ She shook her head, wearing a disappointed expression.

‘’I’m sorry, I’m sorry; I did not know that it’s you Seohyun-noona…I mean sunbaenim. I’m sorry.’’ He literally cringed in embarrassment in front of his angelic sunbaenim.

Then he felt that the latter started patting his head, ‘’I’m just kidding Jong-In…I’m glad you made it, and you listened to me. But don’t forget your manners, okay? Being an artist isn’t just based on how great your vocals and dancing skills are, but it also depend on your personality.’’

Again, he received another words of wisdom from her. She may not have those white wings to spread out, but her personality says it all, the warmth that she sends to him during their encounters makes her an angel. And just like their first encounter, he felt awestruck of her.

‘’Thank you Seohyun-noona sunbaenim.’’ He felt that his cheeks turned hot, feeling the flattery and the embarrassment for facing the latter.

Sadly, she could only stay up to that point during that time. The fact that she’s an idol made her all busy that she has to go around, ‘’I have to go Jong-In. Be the best, okay?’’ she warmly smiled at him waving her hand for goodbye.

‘’Seohyun - noona, I hope to be friends with you from now on! I promise, I’ll be the greatest dancing machine, wait for me until the day I will be able to join you!’’ he smiled back to her, and waved his hand as well. Though he wanted to spend a longer time with her, he should understand that the latter has her own things to do as well.

‘’From the moment we saw each other in the practice room, you’re my friend Jong-In! I’ll see you next time.’’ she looked back at him for the last time.

 

From that day on, his days became more and more colourful, his world started to become unexplainably happy. His happy with his friends, but it became unexplainably happier when Seohyun came to enter it once again. It’s wasn’t on a daily basis though, only when SNSD has time to be with other SM Artists and with them trainees.

With their every single meeting, with their every single story they share with each other his admiration started to develop in a different level, until one day he realized that he has already fallen for his angel-noona. They became a lot closer, to the point that Seohyun allows him to just address her as Seohyun-noona.

He grew up in the company with several friends with him, he became close to them, both with males and females, but even though his case was like that his angel-noona remained the most precious person for him inside the company, secretly the most precious girl in his eyes despite the fact that he also became close to some females of his age like Sulli and especially Krystal.

It was few months before EXO’s official debut, when Kai, alongside with Sehun and Luhan had a chance to become part of the W Live SM fashionistas line where they had the opportunity to have interactions with their SNSD, Shinee, and F(x) sunbaenims.

Jong-In was in state of pure joy for being informed that EXO’s going to have photo shoot with their SNSD sunbaenims, and the SNSD members are Yoona, and his angel-noona Seohyun.

‘’Seems that Krystal’s looking for you on the other room. Gosh, Jong-In, you have that ice princess crushing over you. Don’t you feel flattered you’ve captured f(x) visual’s heart?’’ Sehun started to joke around him as the director called for a short break for them.

‘’Oh Thehun, I think you’re the one crushing on her. You’re the one gawking on her!’’ he teased the latter back.

‘’I don’t!’’ the milk-skinned maknae protested, but his face began showing a tint of red.

‘’Thehun, you’re straight face has no effect on me. I know you.’’ He laughed at the latter’s reaction.

 

‘’Okay Joo Hyunnie, Luhan stand beside her….pose like a couple, Joo Hyunnie, put your elbow on his shoulder, let’s make this quick!’’ it was their break, but suddenly the photographer on that particular photo-shoot suddenly called for Seohyun and Luhan’s attention.

‘’Oh, let’s see them together Kai! I’m sure Luhan-hyung’s going to look good with Seohyun-sunbaenim!’’ Sehun immediately went hyped. Well, he is always getting hyped whenever it’s about his Luhan-hyung, he’s the closest to him among the twelve of them that they earned massive shipper’s eyes and called them HunHan couple.

‘’Luhan-hyung? With MY angel-noona? What the – why not me?’’ he mentally protested. He always looks at himself as the best suited man to stand beside Seohyun, in his own little delusional world where he and Seohyun are the only people who exist, there’s no Kyuhyun-hyung, Changmin-hyung, 2PM Jinwoon, and CNBlue Jung Yong Hwa who exist, and now that his angel-noona is paired up with his Luhan-hyung for the photo shoot he could not help but to feel the jealousy for it is his dream to be paired up with her and now it’s being snatched by his deer-eyed hyung.

‘’Kai-ah, join your Yoona-sunbaenim, you will be her partner until the end of this photo shoot.’’ The photographer suddenly instructed him.

He obediently did what he was told to do so, though he was feeling half-hearted to follow the photographer’s instructions. After all, it’s just work, he has to nail in his mind that being paired with someone they don’t like is a part of being an artist. Good thing the doe-eyed girl was also warm and friendly like his angel-noona, though they have a lot of difference with each other, like Yoona is really less feminine, more hyper, and dorkier than Seohyun.

He like the fact that he’s being treated warmly by his Yoona-sunbaenim, but the friendship he’s been receiving from the latter is different from the friendship that Seohyun got for him, since he’s the girl he has been secretly in-love with for the longest time.

All he could do was to take brief secret glances to Seohyun during the whole photo shoot, and especially when he and Yoona joined them.

When they had a chance to have a short break once again, instead of joining Luhan, and Sehun he purposely brought out his poodle Monggu and showed it to his Seohyun-noona, and Yoona-noona.

It was a very blissful moment for him, seeing how Seohyun adored his pet dog. Thanks to his dear Monggu, he had caught the young ladies’ attention, especially his dearest Seohyun.

He misses her a lot, that was the only day he could spend time with her because their group has become busier for their debut’s preparation, and the latter has become busy for promoting overseas for promoting their own album as well.

At that time, seeing how her smile is more radiant than anything else, he realized that he could not blame other guys to adore her like how he adores her. She’s not just a pretty face, but a girl with a beautiful heart as well.  He’s just a little too fortunate than her other celebrity fan boys since he knows her personally, and he had the opportunity to become close to her since they belong in the same company.

’When can I confess to you? I’ve been your friend ever since forever started. I know I’m younger than you, but now I want to create a space beside you, not as a friend but as a man, Seohyun-noona.’ He sighed in frustration as he watched her every move like a stalker at that very moment.

 

 

Hours passed and so, the photo shoot has come to an end.

‘’It’s a wrap guys! Thank you and Congratulations to us!’’ the director of the photo shoot announced as he called it a day.

Jong-In was kind of disappointed that he even envied his own puppy Monggu for having a selca with his Seohyun-noona. He was already holding his digital camera with him, yet he for some reasons he’s hesitating to ask if Seohyun could take a picture with him.

‘’Finally, we could take a rest now Jong-In.’’ she briefly stretched her arms as she walked to approach him.

Though she was obviously exhausted for their tedious day, she still looks beautiful. No. To him, every time he sees him face –to-face, she becomes more and more beautiful that his mouth went gape, feeling the unusual likable pressure he only feels towards the latter.

‘’Seohyun-n-noona…’’ he started stuttering by just calling her name. ’’Y-you do have another schedule a-after this, right?’’

‘’Neh Jong-In, seems that you’ve eaten something weird. What’s wrong with you?’’ she asked anxiously seeing the latter’s facial reaction.

He is all fine and he’s not feeling anything bad in his system but it’s just the natural effect of Seohyun to him – letting him feel EXCESSIVE amount of nervousness, whenever she’s talking to him.

He gripped tighter on the digital camera he was holding.

She then briefly gave him a puzzled look as she briefly examine the young lad until she figured out that he just wanted to take a picture with her, ‘’Ah, you should have approached me earlier Jong-In, you wanted to take a picture with me, aren’t you?’’

‘’N-neh, Seohyun-noona.’’

She beckoned the latter to stand beside him, and asked her coordi-unnie to take their picture together.

At first, Jong-in felt hesitant to stand close to her but the latter kept beckoning him to stand nearer to her. ‘’As if I don’t know you personally Jong-In.’’ she jested.

He then took a deep breath and gathered all his confidence in him, and did what the latter said. He stood closer to her and even leaned his cheek with hers. Seriously, it felt like one of his dreams just came true, he was the happiest person in the world at that particular moment that he was able to smile sincerely in front of the camera.

‘’Nice.’’ The coordi-unnie remarked as she gave Jong-in’s camera back to him.

They then looked at their picture on the digital camera’s screen together, and like what her coordi-unnie just said, it came out nice.

But to Jong-In, they really look nice TOGETHER.

‘’I look a little awkward there Jong-In, why did you lean your cheek that close?’’ she briefly protested as she wasn’t really used of being that close to a male off-cam.

‘’S-sorry Seohyun-noona, but you said that I should come closer.’’ He defended himself as he started staring intently at her.

‘’’But you’ve really gotten a lot taller than me you know. I’m really proud of you that you’re going to –‘’ before she could even finish her sentence, she felt a warm breath on her forehead. Jong-In has given her a forehead kiss.

‘’Seohyun-noona, you look better standing beside me, don’t you think? Wait until I become successful like you, it’s been years and I should say that, that girl I first met in the practice room is the girl for Me. ’’

She was taken aback by the latter’s boldness; it was her first time encountering the latter’s shameless side, but despite of such a shameless act, for her it’s not something to dislike about.

‘’I’ll wait for that time Jong-In.’’

 

A/N: So lame of me. But yeah, I know someone who goes by the name of Diamond/Putri will be happy reading this! I dedicate this to you my unnie!