Finally We're Together

Finally We're Together

           "Don't you ever wish to see them, hyung? Don't you ever wish you can rip your contract in two pieces and run off just to meet them?"

           Yunho opens his mouth to say something but he hesitates. He opens his mouth again. "I am Jung Yunho. Jung Yunho is the most respected idol in all of Asia. What would people think if Jung Yunho ripped his contract in two and ran after some frivulous dream?"

           "Becoming the most respected idol in Asia was once a silly dream wasn't it?"

           "As of today, Changmin-ah, I can tell you it was one screwed up dream." He leans back into the sofa and crosses his arms. 

           "Hyung. Imagine, how happy would the fans be? I'm not asking to think of reuniting, just to see them again. Can you imagine how happy the fans would be?!"

           "And when were you ever concerned about the fans?" 

           Changmin goes silent and walks over to Yunho. He sits down next to him and hangs his head. In a voice barely audible, he whispers. "Hyung. I want to smile again."

           "What's that supposed to mean?"

           "Everyone says that Changmin doesn't smile anymore."

           "You do smile though."

           "Exactly hyung. I do smile. I smile a lot, but the response is always the same. Changmin oppa doesn't smile like he used to. Changmin-ah doesn't smile anymore. I smile so much! But everyones says the same thing. I'm never happy when I smile, I'm always hiding sadness behind a fake smile. Hyung. I want to smile like I used to." 

           Yunho stayed silent for a long time, his eyes fixed on a distant object. After some time he mumbled, "It'll never happen."

-----1 month later------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But it did happen.

           Jaejoong was panting. He had just slapped Yunho straight across the face and finished yelling on how he never answered calls or replied to texts. Yunho in turn looked like he had seen a ghost, his eyes wide, his face slowly draining of color. Yoochun from Jaejoong's side chuckled and patted Jaejoong's back, his eyes getting misty. Junsu just stood, staring, like a clone of Yunho. 

           Changmin looked from Jaejoong to Yunho, and from Yunho to Jaejoong. He leaned into Yunho's ear. 

           "Hyung?" Yunho let out a soft whimper. "Hug him."

           On command, Yunho jumped onto Jaejoong, arms squeezing his neck. Jaejoong whimpered and let his arms hung limply by his side. Yoochun laughed, freely sobbing and launched himself onto Yunho's back. Junsu broken out of his trance, followed in suit. Changmin just watched however. He watched as his 4 hyungs cried and clung onto each other as if their lives depended on it. 

           Changmin's eyes twitched. He quickly shot up a hand to brush away any tears. But he wasn't crying. He felt the corners of his lips quaver. His right eye kept twitching. Changmin bit his lips and rubbed his eyes. But it couldn't be held back.

After a very long time, Changmin finally smiled.