4

Angel

"I'm not sure you should go, Baekhyun. I don't want you looking like you did when you came back yesterday." Kyungsoo said, worried for Baekhyun as he thought that it was Kai that tore Baekhyun's shirt since the latter had not said anything.

 
"I'll be okay, Kyungsoo. It's like the only chance for me to talk with him." Baekhyun replied before sending a wave to his three friends, Kyungsoo, Tao and Kris.
 
"Good luck!" The three called out as Baekhyun made his way to the back of the canteen. When he reached, he saw that Kai was already there. 
 
After the two made eye-contact, Kai made his way to the nearby gate, beckoning Baekhyun to follow. They two left school, Baekhyun tailing behind Kai before they reached a little door. Kai opened it and went in, Baekhyun following hesitantly. They were in a small room with graffiti-filled walls. It was a simple room that was furnished with a table surrounded by five chairs, a long couch and a television. Kai sat down on one chair and put his bag on another, Baekhyun following his example. The two stared at each other awkwardly, unsure of what to do next. Just when Kai opened his mouth to say something, the door slammed open.
 
The two wiped their heads towards the door, and five muscled men entered. "Go away. I already said I won't do it." Kai said, annoyance glazed his eyes.
 
"Oh really?" The first man who entered asked.
 
"Yes. So go away, " Kai replied.
 
The man who had spoken to Kai, whom Baekhyun guessed was the leader, nodded his head to another two men. The two man gave a sinister smirk as they stalked towards the two boys. Before Baekhyun could comprehend what was happening, he was in the grasps of the two men. 
 
"Leave him alone!" Kai growled as Baekhyun was dragged to the leader.
 
"My my. It seems like Sehun is right. Is he your new boy toy? Well, it doesn't matter if you want to or not anymore, Kai. You HAVE to. The guy you beat up yesterday is with us. You have to pay for hurting him."
 
"Well, he should have kept his filthy hands to himself!"
 
"Ah... Kai... You seemed to have forgotten that you have done worse, walking away from such a scene. It's worse than being involved. But since you've never cared, why bother yesterday? Huh? Just wanted to beat up one of my guys? Well, choose between doing it, or we'll beat this little boy toy of yours."
 
Kai felt immense anger course through his veins, and he was torn between his options. He would have chosen for Baekhyun to be beaten, but Kai couldn't let anyone hurt Baekhyun, much less touch the boy. Before Kai could make a decision, the men started to beat Baekhyun. Kai made a move to stop them, only to be stopped from doing so when he was told that he had only thirty seconds to make his decision. Just then, Baekhyun offered to be beaten. Whatever it was that Kai didn't want to do, Baekhyun had a feeling that it was something bad. And as an angel, he couldn't let Kai do anything bad to save him.
 
The men laughed at Baekhyun's sacrifice, and they continued beating him. Kai felt immense anger boiling in his blood as Baekhyun cried out in pain. Kai picked up a chair, and threw it in the direction of the leader. The chair flew and crashed onto the floor where the leader had been standing. Growling in anger, the leader ordered the other men to beat Kai. Unlike Baekhyun that took the beatings without protest, Kai retaliated and fought back, only to be tamed when the leader threatened to pour acid over Baekhyun. Baekhyun's vision was turning fuzzy, and he brought the image of a forest to his mind to turn his attention away from the throbbing pain. Baekhyun was trapped in his stupid human body that was in pain. Being an angel, he never felt pain before, and being subjected to such pain and torture was too overwhelming for him. It wasn't just Baekhyun's body that was in pain, but his heart was clenching with pain too. Pain and apology, as Kai was being beaten. He knew it was wrong, but Baekhyun wanted to fight back. Not for himself, but for Kai. But he couldn't do anything. He was too weak. Black dots started to fill his vision, and Baekhyun blanked out to the cry of pain from Kai.
 
Everything was black one moment and white the next, and Baekhyun was feeling numb. He saw a shimmering figure which he recognized as Chanyeol, and gave a little smile. But there was not a trace of the happy virus Baekhyun once knew.
 
"Take my hand, Baekhyun, and I'll bring you home." Chanyeol's voice was soft and musical.
 
"What? Why? I haven't completed my mission yet."
 
"Mama told me to bring you back before you fall into the trap of the Evil."
 
"Tell Mama I won't, Chanyeol. And I have promised to save Kai and I will."
___________________________________________________
 
When Baekhyun blanked out, Sehun had entered, begging the men not to beat Kai but to no avail. The leader offered to stop, only if Sehun agreed to do the job, which he reluctantly agreed despite Kai's protest. Baekhyun was already unconscious and Sehun couldn't bear to see his best friend get hurt. The leader reminded Sehun to meet the that night before leaving, and Sehun sent the two boys to the hospital. Kai could leave the hospital, suffering superficial wounds. But Baekhyun had to stay the night for bone fractures, and Kai stayed behind. Kai wasn't allowed to spend the night, of course. When the curfew came, Kai silently begged the nurse to let him stay, but the nurse wouldn't relent. Kai wasn't going to give up, of course, but a phone call came, telling Kai to "Meet at the room in ten minutes, and come alone. Sehun has failed and you have to finish it or else Sehun will die."
 
Sehun was his friend and only decided to take the job for him. Thus, Kai immediately went off. Baekhyun had sensed that something was wrong, and he quietly slipped out of the hospital, tailing behind Kai that ran to the meeting place close by. Baekhyun knew he can't do anything to help, weak as he was, and decided to call Tao for help as he waited outside the room he was in that morning. But Baekhyun couldn't wait for the others to show up. He was too anxious and worried. Hence, he looked for a weapon, a long wooden stick, and went in. Sehun's hands and feet were bound together, and Kai was stuffing little bears with white powder. The five men that came that morning were there, sitting around Kai. When Baekhyun had entered, the five men had turned their heads towards him. 
 
Kai took the chance, and flung a chair at the men's head, hitting two of them. The other three quickly jumped to their feet, one going towards Baekhyun while the other two attacked Kai. A stream of obscene epithets rolled out of the leader's mouth, cursing Kai as he rubbed his injured head, and attacked Kai as well. Kai fought back, swinging the chair about. The men dodge the hits, and one threw a chair at Kai, crashing into Kai's fingers that released the chair due to the pain. Kai cradled his injured hand, aiming a kick at the stomach of the man in front of him. Seeing Kai in trouble, Baekhyun's heart ached, and he swung the wooden stick about since he didn't know how to fight. As he heard the man he hit cry out in pain, Baekhyun cringed. He was going to be punished for hurting a human.
 
The men had split. Three against Kai and two against Baekhyun. At a particular swing of the stick, Baekhyun's stick was caught by one of the men who twisted it out of Baekhyun's grasps. The man gave malevolent smirk and hit Baekhyun's legs at full force, causing the latter to his knees in pain. The man then raised the stick, and it came down on Baekhyun's head with a loud crash, and Baekhyun's head hit the ground as he lost consciousness.
 
Seeing Baekhyun in distress made Kai's blood boil in anger. He threw a punch here and there, venting his anger with every hit. Just then, the door crashed open and in came Tao, Kris and Kyungsoo. Tao and Kris fought the men with Kai, while Kyungsoo released Sehun from his constraints to fight as well. Kyungsoo then tended to Baekhyun's injuries as he didn't know how to fight. After a few chair throwing, stick flinging, kicking and punching, the fight ended. Tao and Kris were excellent fighters, taking two men at the same time. And with them, the gangster-like men were taken down, running away with their tail between their legs. Kai gingerly picked Baekhyun up, the five of them ran to the hospital.
 
A middle-aged lady cradling a baby glared at the boys' appearance. After all, an unconscious person was priority over a sick but conscious baby. Or maybe she was glaring because of their bloody clothes, or their noise. Whatever it was, Kai was screaming for Baekhyun to receive medical attention, ignoring the fact that it was night time when people slept. Just after Baekhyun was sent to the emergency room, Kai fainted.
 
___________________________________________________
 
 
"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol whispered as he saw the said boy's eyelids twitching. The said boy groaned and slowly opened his eyes. "Baekhyun! Does it hurt? Well of course it does. Stupid question. But Baekhyun, you have to return with me now."
 
"But Chanyeol..." Baekhyun croaked out. Although the thought of leaving his aching human skin and back to his pain-free home was appealing, Baekhyun didn't want to leave.
 
"Baekhyun! You HAVE to return! You've already broken a rule and you have to return before the Evil gets to you! Mama will remove your wings! And you'll never be able to return!"
 
"Is that what she did to Tao? Remove his wings for falling in love with a human?"
 
"Well... Uhm... Yes."
 
"That's why I need to go back now right? Because I might fall for Kai. But Chanyeol... I think I already did."
 
Chanyeol's eyes widened at that and he went to shake Kai awake. "Do you love Baekhyun?" He asked.
 
Kai shot awake at that. Glancing shyly in the direction of Baekhyun, Kai nodded. Chanyeol groaned at that and asked if Kai truly loved Baekhyun. Kai replied with a determined yes, which caused both Kai and Baekhyun's cheeks to flush red.
 
"If you really love Baekhyun, then you'll let him go." Chanyeol's words made Kai raise his eyebrows in confusion. "Baekhyun's an angel, Kai. And falling in love with a human is an abomination. Let him go, or he'll be banished and locked out of "heaven" forever." Baekhyun thought that Kai wouldn't believe Chanyeol's words, but he did. Kai didn't want Baekhyun to be stuck on earth, away from his home forever. 
 
"Kai..." Baekhyun started. "I'm already in love with you. Even if you let me go, even if you don't love me, I have already broke the rule. I, who has fallen in love with no other place to go back to, my wings have been taken away. Even though I lost my everlasting life, the reason to my happiness is that 
you are my eternity. I know that my mind barely knows you, but it feels like my heart and soul have known you since forever. As much as being human is different, being with you nullifies the problems that come part and parcel of being human. I won't go back."
 
The two boys gazed into each other's eyes, looking into each other's soul. The angel Chanyeol gave a little smile, wishing them good luck before he returned back to EXO planet. And that was how the angel Baekhyun "saved" the human Kai.
 
The End
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Done! It's kinda weird, isn't it? Like their love seems a little undeveloped. I really don't know how to write the process of falling in love so I hope that this will do. Thanks for reading!
(P.S Anybody thinks I should like write another chapter with ? Yes? No? Please comment!)