Chapter One

Interior Motives

 

dream big;

 

 

‘Oh look, my old pencil collection

Taking the small pouch with nothing but different brands and types of pencils inside it, SyeoHee stood of and stretched a bit as she looked around the dusty attic of her parent’s house. Tomorrow, she would be settling in her apartment nearer to where she worked at so she wouldn’t be worrying about how long her travel time would take. Stepping carefully over all the other scattered little memorabilia that lie on the wooden floor, SyeoHee makes her way to the small trap door that leads downstairs. And as she steps down from the ladder she’d put there, she toys with the zipper of the pouch she holds.

“Darling, are you ready to leave yet?” Quickly putting the collection inside her suitcase, she starts gathering all her stuff and walks to the living room where her mother waits.

“Are you sure you’ve got everything in the bag?” SyeoHee ponders for a moment before dropping everything and making a dash for her room. She had almost forgotten Leo, her beloved stuffed lion that she had since she could remember. Running back to her mother who has then joined by her dad, her parents obviously smiled at her childishness.

“Don’t even say a word. I refuse to leave my baby alone.”

“We weren’t gonna say anything dear.”

“But you certainly were thinking it.” After a little bit more banter and checking, they were ready to go. SyeoHee watched as her childhood neighborhood slowly disappeared. Despite not exactly having much memories in the neighborhood, due to vacations, school and work, SyeoHee knew she’d be missing her old home.

After a few minutes, SyeoHee had fallen asleep in the middle of the ride and as she woke up, her dad was already taking out her stuff. She rubs her eyes and walks out of the car, looking up at the apartment building she’ll be living in. Not bad.

“Oh, you finally woke up. We were planning on leaving you outside the building with your stuff till you woke up.” Her parents laugh as her mom walks beside her.

“Ha-ha, very funny guys.”

“I thought so too.” SyeoHee rolls her eyes at her parents. Despite closing into the ages of 50 and above, her parents remained jolly and for most of the part humorous. Even if she’s frequently made the center of their jokes, she didn’t mind at all. It served like her family’s bonding.

“Well, we’ve got most of your stuff upstairs already and the only things left are your bag of whatever and Leo. Guess this is parting time.”

“Aw dad, you make it sound like I’m never coming back. Besides, I’m only an hour drive away.”

“But we’ll miss you.”

“Won’t I?” Her parents smile and they hug for a moment before bidding their goodbyes. After watching the car drive away, SyeoHee hurries up to her 7th floor apartment.

The walls were a nice white, in contrast to the dark leather of the couch and coffee table where a vase of orchids sit. A little further in was the kitchen with black marble kitchen tops and sleek metal appliances. The dining table was rather small, could’ve only held 4 people but it was good enough. The walls in the two combined rooms were decorated with some black frames with some paintings of red, black and white in it.

After surveying that room, SyeoHee ran fast to her bedroom. The bedroom had the same white walls and the dark furniture. Her bed was a dark framed one with a black bedside table to its right. A small vanity was set against the wall and her wardrobe closet was sleek black with a silver metal handle. There was a rather large window the left of the bed, covered by dark curtains and a sheer white curtain underneath.

Placing her bag down, SyeoHee flops down on the bed and sighs contentedly. Thank God my job pays well. If you’re wondering about her job well, SyeoHee here is a professional interior designer that is known for designing personal rooms of great company CEOs and even the whole interior of a large industry. Her dream though? Well, she’s just waiting for an opportunity to design one of Asia’s best line of hotels and resorts, the Asian Touch Hotel and Resorts, whichever branch it may be. In other words, she’ll be working with some real big millionaires.

 

 


 
only one;
welp, here's chapter one!
kinda boring but chapter
two is gonna be better
probably... lol
anyways, comment and
subscribe!