The Bond Between Brothers

The Hidden Prince

CONTINUED FROM FORWARD!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd person

 

Hyukjae smiled back at Donghae. He was so sure that this boy was only a few years younger than himself, but he was just so adorable.

"Do you know where someone named Jung Yunho lives? Or someone named Kim Jaejoong. Either one is fine." the older said.

Donghae frowned a bit. What would a stranger want with his uncles?

Wary, the boy asked, "for what business?"

Hyukjae, noticing Donghae's expression, hurried to explain himself.

"Yunho was a good friend of mine when I was younger and last I heard, Jaejoong married him." he said quickly.

Hearing the valid enough reasoning, Donghae returned to his smile again.

The brown haired boy exclaimed pointing to his house, "Oh! I live with Yunho and Jaejoong in that cottage! They're my uncles!"

Hyukjae looked suprised, but composed himself before Donghae could turn back.

"Oh, I see. Well, we should head in right?" he said.

His companion smiled, "yep! we should, hyung!"

Confused, Hyukjae asked, "Hyung?"

"Yeah, hyung. You're older than me, so you're hyung!" Donghae bounced.

The older chuckled and followed Donghae inside the cozy house.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they went inside, they were greeted by a frazzled Jaejoong.

"Donghae! Where were you?" the feminine male asked frantically.

It was then that he realized that his precious nephew was not alone.

"OH MY LORD! HYUKJAE-AH! YOU'RE HERE!" he screamed.

Both of the males in from of Jaejoong laughed at his reaction.

Hyukjae tried to calm him down by saying, "Yes, I'm here. How have you been? Are Yunho-hyung and Yoochun okay?"

At that moment, Yunho ran down the stairs, whispering, "Why are you so loud, Jae? The kids are asleep!"

Then he saw Hyukjae and gave him a tight *cough* manly *cough* hug.

Jaejoong and Yunho's eyes narrowed at Donghae, who was partially hiding behind Hyukjae by this point.

Yunho cleared his throat.

"Hae. Why aren't asleep? How do you know Hyukjae?"

Jaejoong glared at Donghae's thin cloak for a second.

"Honey, do WANT to catch a deadly cold? That is too thin to wear in this weather! Change into your winter robes and then you can come downstairs. Okay?"

Donghae nodded at ran up the stairs into his room.

Yunho and Jaejoong turned towards Hyukjae.

Their eyes grew soft while looking at the young male. Yunho sat him down while Jaejoong went to fix something for them to snack on.

"How have you been, hyung?" Hyukjae asked.

Smiling, the older patted Hyukjae's head and replied, "I have been well. You have grown much since I left, Eunhyuk-ah. How is your mother?"

Hyukjae's hands clenched into a fist.

"Yunho-hyung, please refrain from calling me that name and mentioning that woman to me. She merely created me, she has not helped me in any other way." he said quietly.

Yunho frowned and held the other's hands.

He said, "Either way, she is your mother. Whether you choose to accept it is up to you. You have grown much, though. It has been merely ten years since I have left, yet you seem so much stronger than me. It seems just like yesterday that you followed me around, begging me to teach you how to fight."

Hyukjae grinned at the memory. It seemed so long ago for him. So much had happened and he had had to grow up so much, so fast.

"I'm glad I've grown. Now, I can help you win your war. Let me protect your loved ones with you, brother."