It Was You.... (2/2)

It Was You....

 

Author's P.O.V
 
You panted as you walked off stage and to Wonder Girls' dressing room. Sweat dripped from your face and neck. Despite the many dance moves of the song, the background lights also gave off a lot of heat. "Amazing Jieon!" Yenny complimented. "Not a single mistake!" You gave her a small bow and smile. *I'm surprised I did pretty well. I haven't been practicing much.* you thought, chugging down a water bottle. 
 
Wiping your forehead of sweat, you got up and joined the rest to change out of your performing clothes. Finally in comfortable skinny jeans and a shirt, the members dragged you to their van. Before you could reject, they pushed you in, climbed in themselves, and closed the door. "Unnie just wants to see you." Yubin explained, reading your mind. Nodding, you eased back in your seat.
 
Arriving at their dorm, the 5 of you piled out and hurried in. Entering the quiet dorm, Hyerim pushed you to a closed door. Knocking, you heard a croak. "Come in." the voice said, barely audible. Opening the door, there was Sunye on her bed, sitting up. "Annyeong unnie." you waved awkwardly. She smiled and patted to the spot in front of her. Walking, you sat.
 
"Feeling better?" you asked. She nodded and said, "Gomawo. What you did tonight really meant a lot to me." You gave her a sincere smile. Sunye examined your face for a bit, while laying her hand on yours. Noticing, you asked, "Is there something wrong unnie?" She shook her head and embraced you. You hugged her gently, afraid to break her fragile body.
 
You soon left, for it was already 10. Bidding goodbyes to Wonder Girls, you got into their van and was driven home. Sighing, you entered your home. Again, there were the groups of guys in your living room. "Ah, Jieon-ah!" Chanyeol called out. The guys' attention averted to you, each giving you sweet grins. Gongchan got up and ushered you to the armchair next to his spot on the floor. 
 
Looking up, you noticed they were watching the late-version of tonight's Music Bank. "You missed the first couple performances but you've seen them a lot. Wonder Girls is coming up!" Yoseob explained. Your face brightened up and looked at Minwoo. *Can't wait to see how Minwoo reacts!* you smiled to yourself.
 
The song began playing and the 5 of you began performing. You saw yourself and was shocked. *Gosh, I really dance and sing like unnie.* The camera closed up on you but only for a few seconds. You held your breath, and watched the guys to see if they noticed. They didn't flinch, but you were closed up on again. "Hey, isn't that--" Eunhyuk pointed at the screen. "SUNYE!!! EEEPPPP!!" Minwoo squealed.
 
Jieon's P.O.V.
 
*I can't believe he didn't notice me....* I thought. Tears were already pooling in my eyes. They dripped down as I looked down. I heard Minwoo oppa fanboying and saw him admiring "her", which made more tears fall. I felt the guys' eyes on me, wanting an answer as to why I was peforming instead of Sunye."U-Unnie was s-sick so the u-unnies told me to f-fill in for h-her." I stuttered, slightly hiccuping. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that they had settled a bit, as to understanding why. 
 
Author's P.O.V
 
The guys glared at Minwoo, disappointed and ashamed.
 
*I can't believe he couldn't tell from Sunye to Jieon..*
*That's really selfish.* 
*How could he not even THINK to see that it's Jieon!?!?!*
*I expected better from him. To tell the difference of his idol to his and our best friend.*
 
These were the thoughts of the boys. They had never hurt you and were shocked to see one of THEM to make you cry. Yes, they know that you like Minwoo and kept it away from him. Their bar of expecting him to like you dropped completely. 
 
"Noona..." Zelo reached out to you. "I was stupid to think he'll ever like me." you mumbled bitterly, swiping away his hand. Getting up, you took one last  look at Minwoo, which was a mistake. His happiness made you choke up again and tears streamed down. Covering your mouth, you ran upstairs and in your room.
 
Minwoo noticed you running. *What's wrong with Jieon?* he thought, watching you slam the door of your room. He looked at his hyungs, terrified of what was staring back. *And why are the hyungs glaring at me?*  "Ummm, what's wrong with Jieon?" he asked cautiously. His answer were harder glares. Scared, he got up. 
 
"Uh, I think I'll go check up on her...."
"I don't think she wants to anybody right now." Eunhyuk growled. 
"Well when do you think she'll come out?" 
"I think it's best to leave her alone."
 
Minwoo was shocked at the quick response. *Did I do something wrong?* he pondered. Soon, his phone vibrated. It was a call from Sunye. "Ooo~ it's HER!" he squealed. The guys looked at him with disgust, especially his own members while he answered. "Hey, how are you? Great! When? Sure, I'll be there!" he spoke to her. Hanging up with a grin, he turned to Donghyun. "Hyung, can I go over to Sunye's in a couple of days?" Donghyun gave an annoyed sigh and nodded. Minwoo jumped up and down, making the guys wanting to punch him. 
 
 
-Few days later...-
 
 
Jieon's P.O.V.
 
"Oppa, c-can I speak to you?" I murmured to him. Minwoo oppa turned around with wide-eyes at me. "Ah, Jieon-ah, I need to talk to you too." he said. Nodding, he and I snuck out of the house, without the oppas knowing and silently walked to the park. Night was falling and street lights were on. Dark clouds overwhelmed the sky, signaling rain.
 
Examining the empty park, I chose a spot next to a street light. Taking a deep breath, I turned to him. His baby-face shone in the light, with his soft, shiny brown hair. His lips, where a usual cute and bright grin lay, was a worried smile. *I can't admire him now.* I thought, looking away. 
 
"Oh, I have to ask you something." Minwoo oppa said. I nodded, letting him go on. "What happened to you a few days ago? Why did you run into your room?" *He had to bring that up...* "That's actually.. What I wanna... Talk about.." I said. He raised both eyebrows, as if saying to continue. 
 
"I'm sorry that I've been jealous about you liking Sunye unnie. I.... Just like you a lot.... But of course, I can't compare to her.. She's beautiful, can sing extremely well, and is a very kind person. I'm just an average girl, who's your best friend and a big fan. I just want you to know that I'm not like every other girl and I love you more than an idol. However, you are free to love who you want to love...." Sighing, I looked up and sadly smiled. Tears were pooling again. Chuckling slightly, I said, "I probably sound pathetic to you." 
 
Minwoo oppa didn't say a word. He just stared at me, and I know cuz I can feel his eyes. Turning around, I began to walk away. 
 
Before I could leave, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. He pulled me close to him. I wanted this so badly, more than anything, to be loved and held by him. *No, I can't. This will only hurt me more..* The tears began releasing themselves and streamed down my cheeks. Rejecting his sympathy, I gently unwrapped his arms and began running before I could turn back and embrace him. At that moment, the clouds let out, showering us in rain. 
 
I ran. Ran and ran and ran, tears pouring out like no tomorrow. I didn't know where I was going, and I didn't care. It took so much to tell him and it hurt more than anything. My heart is literally shattered. But I did it. I finally told him the truth. I eventually dragged myself home, soaking wet, and to be attacked by a million questions. Honestly, right now, I don't care where Minwoo oppa is or what he's doing. 
 
Minwoo's P.O.V
 
What? I.. I can't believe what I heard. Did Jieon just... Confess to me? "All this time.. She was in love with me.. And I was too busy with Sunye to notice..." I whispered to no one. How could I do this to my best friend? I'm so stupid! I kicked the grass below me in anger. Tears were falling on instinct. 
 
I covered my face and fell on my knees. *What have I done?!* I yelled in my head. My heart began beating rapidly. *Why do I feel this way? I feel this with Sunye... But with Jieon, it beats faster.* "Do I like Jieon?!?" I screamed out loud. 
 
*Ah! I have to meet with Sunye!* I remembered. Getting off the ground, I ran home quickly, washed up and changed, then headed to her dorm. 
 
She answered the door in no time. "Hey, sorry I'm late!" I forced a smile. "No problem!" Sunye brightly smiled. We went to the living room and sat. Talking and smacking on some candy, about an hour passed. I eventually forgot about Jieon, a little at least. 
 
My head laid on Sunye's lap as she my hair. "You know Jieon?" she asked, out of the blue. *Not her..* I thought, tears beginning to form again. Sighing silently, I nodded. "Such a sweet girl. Beautiful, talented, smart." Pictures of Jieon flashed in my mind, tuning Sunye out for a bit; her laughing, smiling, hugging and hanging out with me in the past. "You know she even filled in for me at Music Bank just recently? Did you see it?" *Wait. What? That was Jieon? No wonder the hyungs were glaring! I'm an idiot!* I scolded myself. 
 
"Ididn'tknowitwasher." I rambled, but Sunye managed to understand. "Oppa, you know that hurts her. You've known her longer than me, yet you couldn't tell the difference between her and me." she explained softly. "I know.." I replied. There was a silence, which probably meant Sunye was thinking. 
 
"You know, she likes you." Sunye said after a while. I nodded. She was silent again. "And you like her too." That caught my attention. I sat up and looked her straight in the eyes. "You know you do. Don't try to reject it." she said sternly. How could I? She was right. She always was. I had been rejecting ever since I last saw Jieon. 
 
"But what can I do?" I asked her.
"Well, I'm afraid you can't do much of you don't act fast." she sighed. 
"What do you mean?" 
"Hasn't she told you? She's going overseas to study in France. She was invited by a college there, plus her father wants her to go, to learn for the company."
"What?! When is she leaving?!"
"Tonight. Her plane leaves in about 30 minutes."
 
*That's why she told me today!* I screamed mentally. "Go to her." Sunye commanded. "But why do you want me to be with her?" I asked, sadly. "She needs you more than I do. She loves you more than I do. She'll make you happy." she smiled sincerely. It was heartbreaking to hear this. However, I nodded and ran out the door. 
 
I chose to run to the airport. How could I have not noticed her love for me? She liked me for who knows how long! Now, I've hurt her and now she's leaving for France! 
 
Not even halfway there, and I began to feel exhausted. *I have to keep going... For Jieon!* Clips of our memories flicked through my mind. 
 
 
-Flashback 5 years ago-
 
 
Author's P.O.V.
 
"Minwoo-ah! Can you come here for a second?" Minwoo's agent called. "Nae~" replied the cute 13 year old Minwoo. Running to his agent, he saw a man talking with him and something behind him. Walking up, the man smiled at him. "Ah! Here's the boy!" he said. Minwoo's agent wrapped around him. "Yup, here's little Minwoo! The talented actor and soon-to-be idol!" he announced with a chuckle. *This man must be the owner of the music company I'm going to audition for.* Minwoo thought, curiously. 
 
"Annyeong Minwoo! My name is Park Tae Hyun! But you can call me ahjusshi. I'm the owner of Starship Entertainment. Nice to meet you!" Park Tae Hyun held out his hand for Minwoo to shake. Minwoo took it with a grin. "And I would like to introduce a little certain someone!" From behind, he pulled out a girl about 13. "Annyeong, I'm Park Jieon! Hehe~ nice to meet you! Hope we become best friends!" the girl introduced. 
 
*Wahh~ she's pretty!* Minwoo admired. "Jieon here is my daughter, which means, she's the future owner. So she's your boss but for now, friends!" Park Tae Hyun explained. The two grinned at each other and hugged. 
 
-End-
 
*That was the first time we met. I even liked her back then. She's absolutely amazing. Now that I think about it, she's perfect.* Nothing but Jieon was in my mind. My eyes were stinging and tears were starting to fall. 
 
Luckily, I reached the airport before nearly passing out. Searching around, I looked for Jieon. "Jieon, Jieon, Jieon. Dammit! Where are you?!" I muttered to myself. I looked at the gates to France and ran over to one. 
 
There she was, in line to get her ticket accepted and into the plane. "PARK JIEON!!" I screamed. She turned around, shocked I was here. Ignoring the staring people and jittery fans, I jogged over to her. "How could you leave without telling me?!!?" I yelled at her. She looked paralyzed but guilty. "You don't love me.." she had tears already dripping down. 
 
*No, I don't want to see you hurt again.* I embraced her on instinct. She weeped into my shoulder. "Shhh, don't cry." I comforted, her hair.
 
Jieon's P.O.V.
 
I weeped helplessly in Minwoo oppa's shoulder, completely soaking his shirt. Although it doesn't really matter for he was dripping in sweat anyway. He lifted my face with his hands and we locked eyes. After a moment, we crashed lips. It was totally unexpected.
 
After a bit, I closed my eyes, enjoying the sensation of his sweet soft lips. *I can't believe I'm kissing Minwoo.* I happily thought. But of course, something had to end it. 
 
The last call to my flight was announced. As Minwoo oppa pulled away, I whimpered. "I'm so sorry, Jieon. I'm sorry I rejected your love. I finally love you now.... But... I guess I'm too late." he said, looking down. Putting a hand on his cheek, I smiled. "Thank you, oppa. I will continue to love you in France. I'll think of you and contact you. You'll never be off my mind. Then when I come back, we can be together." Giving one last hug and kiss, I boarded my plane.
 
Minwoo's P.O.V. 
 
Just like that and she's off to France. I watched her plane take off. 
 
Jieon-ah, it was you the whole time....
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed this twoshot! It's actually longer than I expected... O_o
 
Sorry if it was crappy >.< I might do more in the future if I come up with any!
 
Read, Comment, and Subscribe to my stories please!! (if you haven't already!)
 
You dont have to but it is appreciated~
 
Ppyong~