So is this the end?

The Conquest of Cassanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Have I gone too far? I've made Dara cried twice in front of me. And honestly that hurts so bad to see her cry. But this is what I think the best to make her realize that she is still in love with me and all she needs is me, not her parents, not her wealth, definitely not Jaejoong! I want to make her suffer. I want to make her apologize. I want to make her beg for my love. Is that even possible?

 

Jaejoong's face appeared when I'm seriously not in the mood of seeing his face.

 

"I don't invite you here." I said as I slammed my desk lightly.

 

He closed my door gently and put his hands on his hips, scowling at me, "I don't like what you did to Dara this morning."

 

"I told you I'm gonna make her mine, again!"

 

"Yeah are you? Threatening that you would make her suffer? That sounds like a plan... You're hurting her."

 

"Isn't that the point? She's gonna get hurt and realized how in love she is with me. She will come to me eventually, beg for me to stop giving pain to her because she couldn't bear it anymore because she loves me too much..."

 

Jaejoong giggled, "wow. Nice plan. I love it, but it's not gonna happen. You may have failed my plan to propose to her by cheating.. Poisoning my food is such a low thing to do, !"

 

I shrugged and let him go on.

 

"There's gonna be family gathering tonight. Don't you think it's coincidence? Or is it a fate?" He smiled satisfied to me. I know there's something behind that smile.

 

"She is going to accept my proposal. Yes, she is going to say yes in front of all of us including you." He pointed his finger at me confidently with also his confident annoying smile.

 

"We'll see, Kim." I said calmly.

 

"You can get out now." I waved my hand at him.

 

"I need you to stop hurting her." He said again.

 

I smirked, "She won't get hurt if she doesn't care about me anymore. In fact, she cares. And she still loves me. Well... I'm not bluffing. She told me last night." I said in more confident way than him.

 

His face shows that he himself agrees with what I'm saying. That just makes me more satisfied with what I've done.

 

"Last night, she was drunk. She didn't mean it." He said again.

 

"Whatever, Kim! Get out now and we'll see what happen tonight." I raised my voice and this time he really gets out.

 

***

 

Family dinner.

 

How many times should I say that I really hate this occasion? Why does it have to be existed anyway? What for??

 

And there's more reason to my hatred about tonight's gathering, the elders would surely brag about marriage. They want me and Jaejoong to get married soon like they always bragged in the previous dinners. It makes me feel ill.

 

And my world becomes awkward by the time Chaerin and Jaejoong appeared in front of me at the same time. Jaejoong is grinning to me, greeting me as a gentle lover while the other party is... Starring at me with her cold hawk eyes but somehow I like being starred like that.

 

"You look great today." He complimented.

 

"You always say that. I don't even know when you're being honest. You just want to make me happy."

 

He chuckled, "It's the truth, you look great even everyday."

 

"Cut the bull off! You're so low, Kim!" Chaerin purposely bumped herself to Jaejoong hard. Jaejoong hissed. He wanted to go chase after her but I grabbed his arm, "No, Jae. Let her..." I said and he obeyed me.

 

We all are finally gathered in the dining room, this time in Chaerin's mansion. I sit right next to Jaejoong while Chaerin is sitting at the line across, quite far from me. Thank God.

 

First they talk about bussiness first, and then go up to badmouthing other billionaires, then go up to brag about each other's children achievement. Mostly they're talking about how proud they are of Chaerin, the new successful heir... By force.

 

Then, the top of discussion. Jaejoong and me. Our relationship.

 

I stopped eating the moment Mrs. Kim asked about how we are doing. Jaejoong knows I dislike this kind of discussion so he answers all the things he knows, or making up answers for me. I'm just nodding and faking smiles to my also fake agreements.

 

I glanced up at Chaerin and she turned her head at me. We're looking at each other for a second before I look away because Jaejoong poked me. "Mom asked you..."

 

"Yes?" I looked at Mrs. Kim.

 

"Do you love my son?" She repeated.

 

I blinked my eyes, don't know what to say. I looked at Jaejoong but his expression is just the same as the others. Even Chaerin. They're all waiting for the answer, for the truth actually.

 

"I... Uhm, of course." I replied and sigh deeply, faking another smile I pecked on Jaejoong's cheek, surprising him. FYI I did that just to entertain Chaerin.

 

Jaejoong smiled, "Actually... I have something I've been wanting to do for 3 years..." He stood up and then knelt down in front of me.

 

. I know what this means. This is exactly what I've been avoiding. This can't be happening right?

 

"I love you, Sandara. I really do. You're my first love. I've been in love with you since the first time we met. I've dated lot of girls before but none of them has make me more sure than this...." He opened a red box everybody knows what it is and a sparkling diamond ring appeared.

 

"Will you marry me?"

 

I'm stoned. I'm frozen. I think I'm shaking too. What the hell is going on? He just proposed to me, right in front of these... Scary people. How am I supposed to say NO?

I mean, I'm not exactly going to say no but, hell, I also do not want to marry him so soon. Besides, Chaerin is here. Is this some kind of joke both of them planned?

 

"Please say yes..." I saw Jaejoong mouthing without any sound. His face is full of mercy and I pity him so much.

 

"I... Uh, ye...uhm..." I locked my lips. "." I cursed in the end.

 

Chaerin's laughter appeared, breaking the silence. Then she stopped when we move our attention to her action.

 

"Nice effort, Kim. But... Come on everybody, don'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter