Chapter 6

This Way

 

Chapter 6 – Who shot the first bullet?

Hyomin’s phone calls remained unanswered by Hwayoung.

Hwayoung never thought her own teammates would attack her like this, in freaking public.

She got a voicemail but it took her half an hour to finally listen to it,

“Hwayoung ah, listen to unnie first. This is all just a misunderstanding. Call me when you’re cool enough or at least answer the phone, you don’t have to talk. Let me do all the talking, please Hwayoung ah. Saranghae..” Hyomin voice ended.

Those last words by Hyomin strucked Hwayoung. She knows that it’s a habit among the members to say ‘I love you’ everytime they end a conversation, instead of saying ‘Goodbye’, they say those words but this time it felt different to Hwayoung.

She doesn’t feel loved, as much as she felt before.

 

Flashback, The day before, KBS Music Bank, July 27th 2012

“Let her if she doesn’t want to perform,” Eunjung coldly said after Hwayoung acted up again after tenth time of sulking.

Hwayoung looked up at Eunjung but Eunjung didn’t look at her but continue staring into the thin air.

The atmosphere had remained awkward after the Budokan concert, nothing went back as normal.

“We’ll get you a chair and you can sit there and sing your lines, Hwa ah,” Soyeon tried her best to console Hwayoung.

Soyeon is a hot-headed person herself but she knows that the bond between the members are little off now, so instead of getting angry when everybody else are angry, she better be nice and gentle.

“I don’t want to!!” Hwayoung screamed and threw away her temporary-helping stick hands.

Boram just sighed and pretend to sleep.

It was half an hour before their turn but Hwayoung still refused to perform until the end.

“Who’s gonna perform ‘her’ part?!” Jiyeon almost screamed in frustration.

“It’s okay, it’s okay I’ll take her part. I know hers. Hyomin ah, you sing the next rap verse,” Eunjung strictly ordered.

“But I don’t remember unnie-yah..” Hyomin said.

“How can you not remember your own song?!” Eunjung yelled at Hyomin and gave everybody a shock.

“I only remember bits of it..” Hyomin tried to defend herself but it’s also her fault. But she never expected herself rapping that verse.

“It’s okay, manager-oppa, hold the cards of Hwa’s rap..” Boram tried to calm the situation.

Together Boram and the manager-oppa write the rap verse, only the second one since Eunjung’s got the first one.

“Urgh, such a burden!” Jiyeon yelled.

Areum remained silent by the side.

Soyeon went out to find Hwayoung who went out after throwing a fit of not wanting to perform.

“Hwayoung ah, please please don’t do this.. Hwayoung ah..” Soyeon tried to console Hwayoung again after finding her around the ladies restroom.

Two three KBS staff walked past and saw Hwayoung’s dried tears and Soyeon’s desperate consolation for the younger sister’s return for performance.

“I don’t want to!” Again Hwayoung shouted to Soyeon and began crying.

“WHY ARE YOU CRYING?!” Soyeon lost it.

“I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS CRYING! I MEAN WHAT IS BOTHERING YOU SO MUCH! “ Soyeon yelled back to Hwayoung.

“I hate everybody! GO!” Hwayoung stared to Soyeon down to her core.

“YOU KNOW WHAT HWAYOUNG! GROW UP! GROW UP!” Soyeon almost lost herself.

“I don’t care!!!” Hwayoung said while covering her ears.

Soyeon shot Hwayoung a very angry look but didn’t walk away.

Hwayoung who noticed that Soyeon didn’t even budge a move, looked at her a bit and let down her hands.

“You know, Hwayoung. I don’t know what I ever did to you for you to treat me like this. You changed a lot with this comeback. Did I say something to you for you to feel very hurt? Did I scold you a bit harsh during practice? Did I not give your share of everything? Did I not prove you enough? If I did, I’m very sorry. Truly sorry, Hwayoung ah,” Soyeon stopped for a moment to swallow back her tears.

Hwayoung who was listening, started having tears again.

“I don’t want you to spoil our dynamic in the group, so reflect on yourself. Think about the others first before acting up.” Soyeon gave a strong advice to Hwayoung and wipe away her almost falling tear.

“This is exactly what I meant..” Hwayoung said when Soyeon start taking to take two steps back and later stopped.

“I spoil the group’s dynamic don’t I?” Hwayoung said.

Soyeon gave a loud sigh, clearly aggravated that her younger sister is misinterpreting her words.

“I mean you are part of our group so I don’t want our group dynamic to get spoiled, so in order for all of us to get along, we need to take care of our dynamic, Hwayoung ah. Don’t be misunderstood.” Soyeon explained.

“So isn’t it better if I leave?” Hwayoung looked at Soyeon.

Again Soyeon try to explain but cancel her intention.

“Hwayoung ah...” Soyeon sighed her name.

While all of that is happening between Hwayoung and Soyeon, the girls of T-ARA continued their later-failed cover up performance.

 

Present

CEO Kim Kwang Soo panicked after he found out about the girls tweets.

“Damage control..” he thought to himself.

He remembered Soyeon’s desperate call to him for reconciliation between the members.

Maybe this time, he needs to step up for the better of the group.