I Get A Job

Red Eyes

 

Dira’s POV

This time, I was sitting in the café not far from my University. I sipped the cappucino coffee i just bought ten minutes ago. The scent of the coffee and the delicious warm-brownish liquid flowing in my throat, makes me feel comfort and calm. I saw the raindrops outside through the café window, drenched all over the road. People was busy running away from the rain and took their umbrellas or their raincoats. But some people prefer to stay at the atalages or entering a cafés or restaurants.

There were maybe ten people entering the café and some of them already left the café and choosing to be soaked in the rain that became heavier.

I never stop to looked at the entrance door, wishing for a person that called my cellphone this morning. A person from Indonesian Ambassador. It’s been a long time since the first time i participated in World Cultural Championship last year as an MC and a translator. Now, they called me again, but i don’t know what will they asked me this time.

Ah, this person is . He told me he would meet me in this café at four PM. But, the hand of a clock show me it’s already half past four PM.

Half our past i’ve been sitting here and nobody came. I just wanted to left that place but suddenly i heard a man voice were calling me to go back. It’s him, the person from Indonesian Ambassador.

His cloths was drenched by the rain. But, it seems he didn’t care about his cloths. He just walked approach me, then sitting in front of me. He looks horrible!

“Ah, sorry for waiting so long. There was a traffic jam on my way here. Oh, i forgot to introduce myself. My name is Ifan Setiawan. I’m from Indonesian Ambassador. Is it true you’re Dira?” he asked me repeatedly. It looked like he was very enthuastic to meet me.

“Oh, ya. Benar saya Dira. Anda tidak perlu formal dengan menggunakan Bahasa Inggris. Kita pakai Bahasa Indonesia saja, biar lebih santai, (Oh, yes. It’s true I am Dira. You don’t have to be formal with English. You can use Indonesian, so that will be more comfortable,)” I spoke Indonesian and smiled at him. He was a little bit leaped up with my act, but then, he nodded and smiled back at me.

“Jadi, begini. Saya di sini menawarkan anda untuk bisa berpartisipasi dalam acara Korean-Indonesian Friendship yang diselenggarakan pihak Kedubes Korea dalam rangka untuk mempererat tali persahabatan antara Korea dan Indonesia. Acara ini akan diselenggarakan di Gedung KBS dan, peran anda dalam acara ini adalah sebagai MC dan Translator. Jadi, maukah anda menerima tawaran ini? (Well, so, Here I am for offering you to participated in Korean-Indonesian Friendship event that held by Korean Ambassadors in a project to tighten the friendship of Korea and Indonesia. This program will be held at KBS Building, and, your job here is as an MC and Translator. So, would you mind to accept this proposal?)”

“Hmm... Ok. Saya terima. (Hmm... Okay. I accept it.)”

“Terima kasih banyak! Saya berhutang banyak pada anda! Saya akan menelepon anda untuk pemberitahuan selanjutnya! Senang bertemu dengan anda. (Thank you very much! I owe you so much! I’ll call you for the next notice. Good to see you,)”

I just nodded as he left me alone in the cafe. I noticed his wet back as he opened the door and dissapeared in the rain. I sighed. It’ll be more tiring because i know this is a big event and i have to prepare everything, the script, the event schedule, etc. But, at least this makes me happy at the end. Because i can pay off my apartement bill that haven’t been paid for three months ago. Oh, God, you’re so kind to me!!! Thank you!!!