Sehun's Parents

My Pet

“What’s wrong, Sehun-ah?”  Yixing frowned and then looked at me for some sort of a hint.

                “His parents are over there.”  The unresponsive boy suddenly grabbed my hand but was still staring at his parents.

                He was shaking.

                I didn’t know someone could be so afraid of seeing their parents. 

                To my surprise, they didn’t come over, they didn’t cause a scene and they didn’t give him the time of day.  They just walked out, leaving Sehun shocked. 

                “They… they didn’t even come over.  Not even to scold me or to yell at you.  They ignored me.”  His shoulders slumped.

                “Sehun-ah…”  I hugged him and he sniffled.

                “I- they don’t care about me anymore.  It’s to be expected, though, they’re hardcore Christians with a as a son.  I’m a worthless and that’s all they see me as.”  I watched as my boyfriend attacked himself with insults and my heart ripped in half.

                I didn’t know what to say.

                “Sehun!  You’re not a .  It’s such an ugly word for such a beautiful person.  If you’re a , then so am I.”  Yixing rubbed his back and suddenly, I felt tear drops dripping down onto my neck.

                , now he’s crying…

                “That’s the thing, I’m not beautiful.  I’m a disgusting who jumped from house to house for the longest time, mooching off of them in return for some free oral.  I’m dirty, I don’t even deserve their attention.  They’re right.”

                He’s wrong, he’s so wrong but I couldn’t just yell at him.  He wouldn’t believe me.  I know how it feels to be ignored.    

                “Yah, Oh Sehun, don’t say that when your boyfriend is here.  He’s going to get mad.  If I know Luhan, you’re probably killing him right now.  He hates when people put themselves down.  Especially people he loves.”  It was a good thing that Yixing was there because otherwise I wouldn’t have said anything. 

                “Yixing, it’s okay, just go to the party with poor Junmyeon over there.  He’s probably lost.”  I told him and he reluctantly nodded.

                “Okay, just… don’t let them get to you, Sehun-ah.”  He said before walking away, a confused Junmyeon trailing behind him.

                “What’s going on?”  I heard Junmyeon finally ask after he thought they were out of earshot.

                I turned my attention to my sniveling boyfriend.

                “Sehun-ah, don’t be sad, okay?  I love you.”  I pulled back a bit so I could see his face, much to his dismay.

                His eyes were puffy and red and his nose was leaking like a faucet. 

                Good thing I got some tissues.

                I pulled one out and wiped his face like he was a child.  In some ways, though, he is still a child.  Even though he’s twenty, he’s still dependent on people.  Dependent on me.  I don’t know what he would do if I weren’t with him, and I don’t want to find out.  With a shaky voice, he went on.

                “Luhan… why don’t my parents love me?  I’ve gotten good grades, I even got a scholarship but they still weren’t happy.  They told me that I didn’t deserve to go to such a prestigious school since I was a dirty .  They said that they wouldn’t allow one into a college like that.  Then, they kicked me out.  They accused me of sinning and it made God hate me and make me gay.  Maybe it’s true, maybe God does hate me.  Maybe this is just karma.”  He sobbed into my shoulder and I kissed his forehead.

                I can’t take this anymore.  I can’t take this sitting down.  I don’t care how shy I am, I’m going to talk to his parents.  What can they do to me?  Forbid me from seeing their son?  He’s an adult and who the hell are they to dictate Sehun’s life? 

                I broke the hug and ran away without another word. 

                I had a mission but if Sehun knew about it, he wouldn’t let me do it. 

                “Luhan?  Luhan!  Where are you going!?  Don’t leave me, too!”  He begged, dropping to his knees.

                I’m not leaving you, I love you.  Please just hold on a little longer, I’ll explain everything later.

                What was I even thinking?  He can’t read my thoughts.  With a heavy heart, I left the love of my life while he was his weakest.    

                It’s for his own good, though.  I can’t have those bastards treating him like .  He’ll develop depression.

                I can’t let that happen.  He’s such a bright person, I’d hate to see him slowly waste away.  Thinking of what he did wrong.  Nobody should live without their parent’s love.  At least when my parents died I knew they loved me. 

                When I reached the couple, I tapped on Mrs. Oh’s shoulder.  She turned around, scoffing at me like I was some peasant.  Her husband did the same, immediately scrutinizing me. 

                “Don’t touch my wife.”  He grumbled, stepping in front of her protectively.

                “Don’t hurt my boyfriend.”  I shot back, my whole being telling me this wasn’t a good idea.

                “Boyfriend?  Oh so you’re the who stole our son and ran away from him to America.”  He spat bitterly, making a chill go down my spine.

                “I’m not a , I love your son.  He doesn’t deserve to have you treat him like he doesn’t exist.”

                “Love?  This isn’t love you have for him.  It’s lust.  The Devil is playing with your mind, don’t you see this?  God gave up on you long ago, obviously.  Poor child.”  Mrs. Oh looked distressed, clutching the cross on her necklace and whispering something.

                “Maybe you and my son should leave.  You’re not wanted here.” 

                “Why are you here.  This is a gay wedding.  You know?  A man is marrying another man and that man is your nephew.”  My head was clouded with fury, I really did hate these people.

                “We had to come.  We wanted a good laugh.  We were actually going to leave now.  Have a nice life with my son.  May God have mercy on your soul.”  They bowed and left.

                I stared at the couple in disbelief.  They actually believed that loving someone of the same gender was bad?  Sehun doesn’t need parents if this is what they’re like.  I’ll take care of him in their place.  Turning around, I headed back to the place I left Sehun, hoping he wouldn’t be too mad at me. 

                When I got there, he was in the same spot I left him.  In the aisle of the empty church, curled up in a ball and crying to himself. 

                “Sehun-ah, what are you doing?”  I kneeled down beside him, gently running my fingers through his brown tresses.

                I pulled him closer, resting his head on my lap and dabbing at his tears with a tissue.

                “I hate my life.  Why was I even born if my parents don’t even love me?  Why did they stop?  Why am I at fault for liking boys?  It’s not like I can change my feelings.”  He wondered out loud.

                “Don’t say that, you don’t need parents as long as you have me.” 

                “Why did you leave me, then?  If you left me back there, who says you won’t do it again?” 

                “I didn’t leave you, if I told you where I was going, you would’ve stopped me.  I went to talk to your parents and-”

                “What?”  He shot up, his eyes the size of golfballs.

                “I said I talked to your parents and-”

                “You what?!  You… oh my God.”  The tears just came down harder and I panicked.

                !  What do I do?

                “What’s so bad about defending you?”  I asked the boy who was spilling tears all over my suit.

                “But Luhan!  My parents will never listen!  They’re so brainwashed that they’ll think you’re the Devil himself.  I don’t want something to happen to you.” 

                “Sehun, stop overreacting, we’re at a wedding so let’s party, okay?  Let’s go wash your face while we’re at it.  We don’t need Chanyeol feeling guilty during the best day of his life.”  I led him to the bathroom while he sniffed every once and a while.

                This isn’t over, Mr. and Mrs. Oh.              

-----

Author’s Note:

Lol well Luhan is gradually getting more ballsy, wouldn’t you say?  Well there you go, Sehun’s parents.  Yes, there are people like that in the world (I would know I’m related to hardcore Christians).  Lol did you know my one friend’s mom won’t let her use tampons because she thinks she won’t be a anymore?  She uses them anyway.  XDDD  I swear, I don’t understand religion one bit so I choose not to have one.  *le shrug* Well until next chapter, I love you guys!