On Purpose

My Pet

 

                Then, those arms clasped around my neck.

                “Wee!  I’m so excited!  I missed being your editor.  You were such a good writer.”  He hopped up and down, yanking my neck down.

                “Ouch!  Ugh, Baekhyun, I’m leaving anyway.”

                “I know, everyone knows.”

                “Uh, wait so why am I the last one to know?”

                “Wait… you don’t know?”

                He stepped back and rested his hand on my right shoulder.

                “Yixing told Junmyeon to move you to America.”

                “What?”  I was shocked.  I didn’t even know how he knew about that.

                “He said he wanted you to be with Sehunnie.  Chanyeol told me that Sehun was scouted so I was really worried about you guys!  But the thing is, Junmyeon wanted something from him…” He trailed off and looked at the office door to build suspense.

                I really hoped it wasn’t what I was thinking.

                “… he wanted him to be his boyfriend.”  He whispered, cupping his mouth.

                “Oh, did Yixing accept it?”   I couldn’t help but be into the gossip.  It was about Yixing, after all.

                “Of course, he did it for you.  You really didn’t deserve him, Luhan, he’s too nice for you.  Also, if you loved Sehun this whole time, why did you waste time with Yixing?”

                “Yah!  Did you think I knew I loved Sehun?  I thought I loved Yixing.”  I countered, not wanting to look like the bad guy.

                “Whatever, anyway, you should go thank him.  Junmyeon was seriously bouncing around the whole building after he found out you and Yixing broke up.  You didn’t really think he’d just randomly promote you like that, right?  He did it because he was so excited about being with Yixing that started being extremely nice.  It’s kind of scary.”

                “Thanks Baekhyun, I’ll go right now.  It’ll be nice to work with you again.  I’ll keep in touch with you when I’m in America.” 

                “Alright, I’m sure Chanyeol would like to hear from Sehun, too.”

                “Okay, hey, do you know about Sehun’s parents?”  I suddenly blurted out as the thought entered my brain.

                “Yeah, I met them once when Chanyeol took me to one of his family’s parties.  They were really intimidating and I didn’t want to go near them.  I feel bad for Sehunnie… poor baby.” 

                “Thank you, okay bye.” 

                I walked to the right wing, where my ex-boyfriend worked now.  When I spotted him I approached him and hugged him from behind.

                “I’m sorry, thank you Yixing.”  I buried my face into the nape of his neck. 

                “Luhan…”  He sighed and peeled me off of him.  “You’re lucky Junmyeon didn’t see that.”

                “Look, I heard about what you did and I just wanted to thank you.  I’ll leave now.  Have a nice life with Junmyeon.”  I bowed to him respectfully and started to head back to my area.

                “I’ll miss you when you’re gone.  Even though we’ve broken up, we’re still childhood friends.  I can only go as far as that.  I’ll try my best with Junmyeon, thank you.  I wish you happiness.”  He bowed back and I grinned.

                When I got home, I couldn’t wait to tell Sehun everything.

                “Whoa!  Oh my God, Yixing actually went through with it?” 

                “What do you mean?”  I was confused at his wording, as if he knew about this already.

                “When I was talking to Yixing, America was brought up.  He gave up on you after I clearly stated you were mine and offered to help us out since he had Junmyeon wrapped around his little finger.  He said it was the least he could do since it was his fault you were demoted in the first place.”

                “I can’t believe it, I’m really going to do this.  I won’t be there until May, though.”

                “May?  That’s like a month apart.  I’ll die without you.”  His shoulders slumped and he ended up laying his head in my lap.

                 I inhaled deeply.

                “I’ll give you a present when we meet again.”

                “Really!?  What is it?”  His mood changed abruptly and sat up, staring at me until I answered.

                “You’ll know when you see it.”

                “I’m so excited.  I hope it’s something big.”

                I was happy he didn’t interrogate me about it anymore after that.  It was a pretty big present and I didn’t want to spoil it.  Also, the suspense just makes it more appealing.

                “I missed you today, Lulu-ah, I was all alone and bored.  We finished Love Rain so I have nothing else to watch.”

                “I think Boys Over Flowers is on Netflix, go watch it.”

                “Really?  Oh my God, Kim Hyunjoong is so hot.”  I rolled my eyes at his disgusting fanboying.

                “I’m sorry I’m not hot like him.”  I pretended to be offended.

                “Lulu, you’re not hot, you’re gorgeous.  I don’t see you as hot because that’s only skin deep.  I think gorgeous describes your whole being.” 

                Damn, where did he get those smooth talking lessons from?  Corny University?

                I silenced him with my lips before he could say anything else.  I believe that actions prove more than words.  When I pulled away he frowned.

                “Well I’m sorry for complimenting you.”  He stuck out his tongue and I grabbed the slippery muscle with my fingers.

                “What was that?” 

                “I thaid!  I’m thorry… hor… fuhor…”  He struggled to speak and wrestled his tongue out of my grasp.

                “Next time I’ll chop it off.”

                “Your hand tasted like hand sanitizer and it was really gross.”  He whined, getting up and dashing to the kitchen.

                He bathed his tongue in the water from the sink faucet for about five minutes.

                “Hey!  You’re going to make the water bill skyrocket!”  I went over there and shut it off.

                “Who cares?  We’ll be out of here in a couple months, right?”  He beamed at me with his beautiful eye smile.
                “Aish, stop that.  You’re too cute for your own good.”  I ruffled his hair and kissed his nose.

                “Aren’t you excited, though?  We’ll be all alone together in America.”

                “Yeah, but won’t you miss Korea?  What about Chanyeol and your parents…”  I bit my tongue, cursing myself for bringing them up again.

                I watched as his expression turned sour.

                “I’ll miss Chanyeol.  He’s my favorite cousin.”

                “He’s your only cousin.”  I laughed, happy that he didn’t call me out for mentioning his parents.

                “I know.”

                “Hey, why did you stay with all those people and… do all of that stuff even though you had Chanyeol or your friends to take care of you?”  I didn’t know if I’d ever asked him this question but I really wanted to know the answer.

                “I didn’t want to burden them.  Those other people got, um, benefits for letting me stay while I couldn’t really do anything for my friends or cousin.”

                “I’m glad I found you that day, then.  You belong with me.  I’ll never take advantage of you, I promise.”

                “I know, that’s why I fell for you in the first place.  I knew you wouldn’t hurt me like everyone else.  Even though you look cold on the outside, you’re not.”

                “I am cold on the inside, but you’re the only one who can warm me up.”

                “What about Yixing?”

                “Why are you bringing him up?  Come on, I never warmed up to him, I was always distant.” 

                “Just making sure you like me better.”  He winked and I had to hold back the urge to scold him.

                There’s no reason to get angry so easily, especially at the one closest to my heart.

                “I love you, I was infatuated with Yixing.  There’s a big difference.”

                “Okay, enough about him.  I’m sorry for bringing him up.” 

                I suddenly realized something.

                “Hey, Hoonie-ah, you know what?”

                “What?”

                “We’ve never gone on a date.”

                “Well we’ve walked together before.”

                “No, I mean like a real date.  Here, why don’t you make a list of the things you want to do before you leave?  I mean, we’ll be separated for a whole month so we better make the rest of the time we have together.  On your birthday, we’ll have an extra special date.”  I was getting myself excited, so I could only imagine how my boyfriend felt.

                “Okay!  I’ll start on it now!”  He announced before digging through the drawers on my desk for a pencil and paper.

                “Well get ready for tomorrow because after work, we’re going wherever you want.”

                “Yay!  I can’t wait, Lulu~”

                Me neither.

                ----

Author’s Note:

Aw Yixing, you cutie pie.  He sacrificed himself to Junmyeon for Luhan.  I guess he really did love Luhan enough to let him go.  So our last couple is sailing.  Sulay… huh… I wonder how that’s going to turn out.  Suho is kind of crazy in the story, if you haven’t noticed.   I’ll miss Luhan walking in on everyone making out because he won’t be able to when he’s in America.  I think Kris should teach Luhan some English before he joins Sehun in America.  Luhan actually has pretty good pronunciation from what I heard (when they were singing to DJ Got Us Falling in Love).  D.O. is still the king, though.  Well besides Kris… but we all knew that, right?  I think Lay’s English is adorable, Tao’s too.  And we can’t forget the interview when EXO-K kept introducing themselves in English, right?  Aghhh it was so cute.  Okay, enough.  It’s the WEEEEEEEKEND so I can update more than once a daaaaay~ if I want to, that is.  ;D  Love yaaa my beautiful readers~  Looking forward to the dates?  I’m going to enjoy making them up.  Huhuhu~ :3