I'm Sorry, I Love You

My Pet

 

                I’ve been searching for my puppy for two days now.  Each night, I curled up in a ball and cried myself to sleep.  There was nobody to comfort me.  Nobody to hold me and tell me it was going to be okay.  I used to have that somebody, but he ran away.  I couldn’t stand being alone in that house, it was so wrong.  Everything was wrong.  I need him.  I was so attached that I couldn’t even think about a world without him.  Now that he’s gone though, I feel so lost. 

                It was pouring today but I still wanted to search for him.  Then, I realized that around this time he goes to the dance studio.  Maybe just maybe, he could be there.  Or at least that Kyungsoo kid because he probably knows more about Sehun than I do.

                When I arrived, the lights were on so I knew at least somebody who knew him had to be there.  I just strolled right in.  There was an open door on my right so I peeked in. 

                There, practicing were his two friends.

                “Excuse me, Sehun’s friends?”  I called over to them and they stopped the music.

                “We heard what you did to Sehun.  Why do you insist on hurting him like this?”  Jongin didn’t waste any time in scolding me and I just took it.

                “I don’t want to hurt him anymore.  I want him to come home.”  I felt myself tearing up again.

                “Y-yah!  Don’t cry!  Ugh, you’re dripping wet.  You’re going to catch a cold.”  Kyungsoo sounded like my mother and  Iaughed.

                “Don’t worry, I’ll be back in the rain anyway, if you tell me where Sehun is.” 

                They told me the address to the place he was staying at and I thanked them profusely.  Then, I ran as fast as I could to my destination, almost getting hit by a couple of cars.  I didn’t care, though, I wanted him back.  Dying was nothing compared to losing him.

                When I got there, I realized it was in the bad side of town.  I wasn’t afraid, I just was focusing on finding that house.  When I got there, I knocked on the door hesitantly.  A tall, extremely attractive man opened it and it made me discouraged.  I had no chance with Sehun now that he was staying with this guy.

                “Who are you?”  He raised an eyebrow.

                “Who’s that Chanyeol?”  I heard two familiar voices call at the same time.

                “Baekhyun?  Sehun?  You two live here?”  I realized that he was staying with Chanyeol, who is Baekhyun’s boyfriend.  Baekhyun must’ve been visiting.

                Suddenly, I wasn’t so worried anymore. 

                “Eh?  Luhan!?  What are you doing out in the rain?!”  Baekhyun rushed over and shoved me into the house.

                “I came here for Sehun.”  I stared at the boy who refused to meet my gaze.  “Yeah, I got you little runaway.”

                “Haha, Luhan, when did you get this funny?  I missed editing for you, you know?  I still can’t believe Junmyeon demoted you.  I heard it was because he was jealous of you and Yixing.”

                “He was, but I broke up with Yixing.”  I immediately countered.

                “What?  Why?” 

                “Because of Sehun.”

                “You’re blaming this on me?”  The dog finally spoke up.

                “Yeah I am.”  I slowly walked over to him who was on the couch and got down on one knee so that I could face him.

                “Why did you come here?”  He looked pissed but I knew he was happy I came.

                I reached out and lightly his cheek lovingly, not saying anything else.  I just wanted to touch him again.  Even if he did reject me. 

                 “Yeobo, let’s leave them alone, okay?”  Baekhyun grabbed his boyfriend’s hand and went to the bedroom.

                “H-Hey what are you doing?”  He wasn’t even able to smack my hand away and I thought it was cute.

                I summoned up the last ounce of my courage to confess to him.

                “Just loving you.”  He finally looked me in the eyes, a bit shocked at my bluntness.

                “As a dog, right?”

                “No, as a man.”  I whispered against the shell of his ear, making him shudder.

                “Why are you saying this so suddenly?  Do you think that I’ll come back to you?” 

                Oh come on, he chooses to be stubborn now?

                “Remember what I said before at the funeral?  You don’t know what you have until it’s gone.  I think losing you made me realize how much I love you.  But, if you don’t love me, then I guess you can stay with Baekhyun and Chanyeol.  They’re nice people…”  I knew I was guilt-tripping him but it seemed to work.

                “No, Luhan… I’m sorry.  I was jealous of Yixing because you seemed to love him more than me and I acted out.  I made you come here in the rain and now you’re soaked.  You’ll get sick, I know it.”

                “Why don’t you… warm me up, then?”  I was beginning to feel embarrassed at my corniness.

                “But I-”

                I didn’t want him to answer.  Instead I cut him off by putting my hands on his shoulders and barely grazing his lips.  He got the idea and I saw his eyes fluttered closed.  Mine were soon closed too as our lips met in the middle.  The feeling was indescribable.  It was completely different from my kisses with Yixing.  Warmth radiated throughout my body and I couldn’t stop myself from smiling into the kiss.  I just loved the way his lips felt when locked with mine. 

                At that time, I felt some new wetness dropping onto my face and wondered if the ceiling had a leak.  Then, I realized that Sehun was crying.

                I broke the kiss and saw that he really was.

                “What’s wrong?”  I was really confused right now by his behavior.

                “I… I knew you’d realize it someday but I still couldn’t prepare myself.  I’m just so happy.”  He sniffed a bit and I just pinched his cheeks, enjoying his cuteness.

                “Aish, why are you such a crybaby?”

                “Sh-shut up!  You are, too.  I’m the one who has to comfort you most of the time.”  I grabbed his wrist when he went to wipe at his eyes.

                “Let me.”  I said while gently flicking the water droplets away from his teary eyes.  “Don’t cry, even if you are happy.  I don’t want to ever see you cry.”

                “I could say the same thing to you.”  He smiled and stood up.

                “What are you doing?”  I slowly rose up, too.

                “I want to hug you.  I really missed you, you know?  Did you think I wanted to leave you?”  His hands found the back of my head and waist and I was soon squished to his chest.

                I closed my eyes, breathing in the familiar scent of the body wash we used.  I wrapped my arms around his chest and hugged him back tightly.

                “Luhan, I can’t breathe.”

                “Neither can I.”  I really couldn’t, my breath kept hitching and I hope he didn’t notice what he was doing to me.

                “Huh?  Oh… would you stop being so cheesy?  I’m not used to it.”  He chuckled into my wet locks of hair.

                “Let’s go home?  Okay?  How do you know Chanyeol anyway?”

                “He’s my cousin.” 

                “Oh, don’t scare me like that again!  I thought you were leaving me for some handsome guy.”  I puffed out my cheeks.

                “Ah!  Stop.  I can’t deal with this personality change of yours.” 

                “Would you rather me be a to you like I’ve been for the past three months?”

                “I don’t know, maybe I like that.”  He winked at me.

                “Okay, I’ll be right back.”  I said as I walked into the bedroom where Baekhyun took Chanyeol.

                Oh look, they’re half- on the bed.  Why is it that I always end up walking in on people?  I think it’s a curse. 

                “I’m taking Sehun home, you guys can resume with your mating ritual.”  I announced before closing the door and returning to Sehun’s side.  They looked at me with wide eyes and nodded.

                “Let’s go home.”  He took my hand and laced our fingers together.

                “I didn’t bring an umbrella.”

                “It’s okay, I want to experience what you had to go through when you were looking for me.  Think of it as a punishment.”  We walked out of the door and into the cool spring rain.

                “It was my fault, though.  I always say the wrong things.”

                “I know, but I should’ve known better.  I know you didn’t mean to hurt my feelings.”

                “I’m sorry.  I won’t hurt you anymore, okay?”

                “Okay, hey Luhan.  When is your birthday?” 

                “April 20th, why?”  It then hit me that it was March and April was coming in just a month.

                “What!?  Mines April 12th!  They’re so close!”  He started jumping around excitedly like a puppy.

                “Do you want to celebrate them together?  Or separately?” 

                “Together, of course.  Maybe we should find the day that is in the middle of our two birthdays and go somewhere that day.”

                “Okay, let’s see… I think that would be the 16th.”   I calculated quickly.

                “Wow, you’re good at math.  Alright, so… oh wait.” His expression dropped.

                “What?” 

                “The 16th is when I’m supposed to go to America.”

-------

Author's Note:

God damn it, Sehun!  Why the hell are you still planning to go to America?  I mean, Luhan just ing confessed to you.  Aish, so frustrating.  ANNNNYYWAYYY.  Cue the fluff.  Free fluff for everyone!  Some fluff for you, and you, and here, have some more fluff.  Haha, guys omg 93 subs?  I'm going to die.  Like seriously, the first day of school was so pointless and boring but seeing new subs and comments throughout the day made me so happy.  :D  Weeee~ well that's my triple update for today.  I would've updated earlier but I dozed off since I was so tired.  >.> Then, I changed the whole chapter because I wanted to include Baekyeol.  I mean, I felt like I was discriminating against them because here was Xiuchen, Taoris and Kaisoo but no Baekyeol!  Haha, well for you Baekyeol shippers, there you go.  I love you guys.  :3