Movie Night

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Oh my goodness it's the last day of summer for me. ;A; Well, for what time it is for me right now in my timezone, I'd already be out of school but still...it's a sad thought.

And yesh, there will be lots of LayRin moments. But the others will get their time too, but I have an idea XD You'll all just have to see~}

 

- - - - -

 

As soon as the rest of EXO-M walked into their house, a pleasant aroma filled their noses.

"Yum," said Xiumin. "Lay's fixing something really yummy." The others nodded in agreement.

"I'm going to take a nap," Luhan decided, heading upstairs.

"I'm going to take a shower," Tao decided. "I didn't get to take one this morning."

"Why not?" asked Chen.

"I woke up late."

"Why?"

Tao looked down. He woke up late because he was in your room and since you didn't have classes, you didn't have an alarm set. So he had to let his mental alarm clock wake him up. "I forgot to set my alarm is all." Tao gave Chen an innocent smile before heading upstairs.

"Whatever." Chen headed upstairs to the game room, Xiumin following him.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, you were cooking with Lay. "Oh, I'll be right back," Lay excused himself, smiling at you before exiting the kitchen. You smiled back and nodded.

Then you went to the spice cabinet to get the salt. But it was on the top shelf. You frowned. *YiXing ge, I'm not as tall as you.* You sighed, going on your tip toes to reach for the stupid thing. You were just centimeters away from the stupid bottle thing and were getting frustrated. You sighed again and kept reaching for it, when suddenly there was a warmth against your back and a long arm hovering above yours, easily reaching the salt and bringing it down.

You smiled and turned to thank the person, expecting Lay. But it wasn't. Instead you were looking up at the giant known as Kris. Your smile disappeared as you stared at his expression. As always, it was cold, his eyes hard and dark. He raised one eyebrow, holding out the salt. "You needed this?"

"Oh. Y-yeah. Thank you Kris sunbaenim." You bowed slightly, biting your lip and sliding away from him in embarrassment.

Kris blinked and followed you. "What are you making?"

"H-hot pot. Is that o-okay, sunbaenim?" You avoided his eyes, biting your lip and attending to the pot.

Kris softened just a tiny bit. "Why wouldn't it be?"

"I'm n-not sure. Just ch-checking." You put a tiny bit of salt in the pot.

Kris tilted his head. "You really are scared of me, aren't you?"

Before you could answer, Lay came back. "Ah, you already put in the--oh hey, Duizhang." Lay blinked at Kris. "What's up? Why are you in here?"

"Nothing. Can't I be in the kitchen?" Kris raised one brow.

Lay chuckled. "That's not what I meant." He moved beside of you. "Mei mei, did you stir it?"

"I was just starting to."

Lay grinned at you, putting his hand over yours to help you stir. "Good. Wah, it looks good, don't you think?" You smiled back and nodded in agreement, brushing your hair out of your face.

Kris watched as you easily communicated with Lay. *She's definitely scared of me. She keeps stuttering every time I talk to her and shrinking back. But with Lay...is she...blushing?! I think she is.* He narrowed his eyes at you. *Yep. She's blushing.* Kris sighed. "I'm going to take a nap. Call me when it's done, okay?"

"Sure Duizhang." Lay smiled before turning back to help you again. "Wah~ You're good at this, mei mei. Are you sure this is your first time making it?"

You chuckled and nodded. "I'm positive. I've never actually made too many Chinese dishes."

Kris sighed, casting one more look at you and Lay before heading upstairs to take a well-deserved nap.

 

- - - - -

 

"This is yummy!" Tao praised.

"It's really good, mei mei," Xiumin agreed, smiling at you.

"Better than Lay's," Chen laughed.

"It is good," Luhan agreed as he blew off a spoonful of the stuff.

Lay smiled at you and ruffled your hair. "Good job, mei mei. I think you did better than me too."

"But you helped," you pointed out, taking a spoonful.

"Wait." Lay grabbed your wrist and blew on the spoon. "It's hot, remember?" He grinned.

"Geesh, you're like a mom or something," said Luhan.

"If he's the mom, then who's the dad?" Chen asked in amusement, scanning the table. "Luhan and Tao are the babies. Xiumin and I are the normal kids. That means Duizhang's the dad!"

Xiumin chuckled. "Congrats on your marriage to Lay, Duizhang."

Kris rolled his eyes, not snapping at them like you thought he would. "Yeah, yeah. Just shut up and eat."

"What movie are we watching tonight?" Tao asked excitedly.

The others smiled at each other. "You'll see," Chen said with a devilish grin. "It's something I think you'll enjoy a lot, Tao."

"Hey, Haerinnie," said Tao, "sit by me tonight, okay?"

"She's sitting by me," said Lay.

"She can sit by both of us."

"Not if she's sitting on the end~"

"Just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter