Eleven

Inappropriate Winking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yixing regretted drinking any alcohol the minute he cracked his eyes open. The gang had a flight back to school at 4PM, and nobody had even started packing.

“Please lower your voices,” he croaked, still sensitive even after two cups of strong coffee.

Lu Han took pity on him and, after packing his own clothes and belongings, helped Yixing pack most of his as well.

Kai was also nursing a hangover, and kept quiet, falling asleep again almost as soon as the plane took to the air.

“You look like a douchebag with those on,” Lu Han hissed, yanking at Yixing’s sunglasses.

“Stop it,” he hissed back, batting Lu Han’s hand away. “The light hurts my eyes.”

“Here, use this.”  Kris reached over the back of the seat and tossed Yixing a black eye mask.

“Thanks,” Yixing muttered, accepting it. He put it on, took out the blanket that was tucked under his seat, and tried to get some more sleep.

“What happened yesterday?” Lu Han asked, dropping his voice a few octaves so only his best friend could hear him.

“Ummm?”

“Kris came out of your room late night cussing like a sailor.”

For once, Yixing was glad that the blanket, which was cutting off his air supply, was hiding his face. “I don’t want to talk about it,” he muttered back.

Yixing remembered a lot more than he thought he would, considering how drunk he had been the night before. He had pretty much wanted to die of embarrassment when he had woken up, and had since then more or less avoided Kris like the bubonic plague.

Yixing pretended to fall asleep so as to discourage further question from a curious Lu Han, but his mind was running a mile a minute.

Okay, so he had wanted to kiss Kris Wu for a while now, and had been madly jealous of Joonmyun’s ex for showing interest in him.  But then, that didn’t really mean anything. Kris was a famous supermodel, known for his alluring charm and handsome features. It would make sense for Yixing to be attracted to him, right? Everybody was probably attracted to him.  

After getting back to school, Yixing didn’t even bother to unpack. Still playing the hangover card, he fell directly into bed and pretended to fall asleep almost at once. Through the tiny slit he left open in his eyes, Yixing saw Kris standing frozen in the middle of the room, glaring at him. Then Kris sighed and started to unpack, turning away to his own bed.

Yixing felt like he had just dodged a bullet.




 


It was Sehun who cornered Yixing in the library the next day.

“Ge, what are you doing?” he asked, glancing around. “And don’t tell me studying, because we just got back from break and there is nothing to study. Lu Han told me that Kris told him you’ve been avoiding him.”

“Lu Han needs to learn to keep his mouth shut,” Yixing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter