What Goes Around...

Bonnie and Clyde

 

 
Red and Violet's second anniversary fashion show was a hit. The clothes were praised and the event was well-attended. The announcement of a store opening up in Gangnam's mall was also well-received. Celebrities and ordinary consumers were happy with Red and Violet's future expansion. 
 
 
Yoobin was congratulated by everyone and was busy with taking photographs with different icons, receiving bouquets and overwhelming congratulatory greetings. She invited everyone that came to her to the afterparty which will be held in one of Seoul's superclubs. She walked over to Haru, dressed themselves up and went to the party. 
 
 
The bass was chest-thumping and the strobelights were making everyone glitter. The pair walked in and felt uneasy. Both of them aren't really into this kind of partying, but since the fashion industry is filled with yuppies, they had to have an afterparty. 
 
 
The DJ saw Yoobin came so he turned the music down low and turned the mic on, "Hey, hey, everybody! Looks like tonight's star has already arrived! " The crowd stopped dancing and looked around.
 
 
"Heyow, Vylet Song! (In English) Come on up and talk to us!" The crowd roared and cheers were yelled. 
 
 
Yoobin smiled at everyone looking at her and walked up to the DJ's booth, with Haru following closely behind. She grabbed the mic and said, "Are you guys having fun??" The crowd screamed and Yoobin giggled. "Good thing you guys are... Thank you for being here to celebrate my baby's second birthday." The audience clapped when she paused. "Red and Violet is two years old now!!" The crowd clapped and cheered. "So everyone, let's keep on partying 'til DAAAAAYBREEEAAK!!!!!" She yelled on the mic and the DJ turned the music up once more and everyone danced on cue. 
 
 
Yoobin smiled at everyone and came down from the booth. Haru came closer to her and whispered loudly while snickering, "Daybreak? You mean we're leaving after 30 minutes, right?" Yoobin looked at her  and laughed. 
 
 
"No, we're leaving in 15."
 
 
---
 
 
"Bye, Director Song!", said Haru as she bowed to her superior. 
 
 
Yoobin smiled and said, "Bye, Haru! Thank you for tonight! See you, tomorrow!" 
 
 
And with that, both of them got into their respective cars and sped off to different directions. 
 
 
The superclub was a bit far from Yoobin's house but she didn't mind the distance. She turned the raido on and heard Beast's On Rainy Days on the radio. 
 
 
She loves this song,  especially the rap part. So when the rapper's part came on, she cleared , just like in the song, and rapped with the song out loud, loving the privacy of her own car. She was at a major highway then when she saw a man asking for a lift on the side. She slowed down her pace.
 
 
"What is this man up to?" She looked at the stranger who was approaching her car with his thumb raised. She stopped and the man raced to her window. She pulled the window down for a bit, not even reaching a fourth, and the man spoke.
 
 
I hope this works...
 
 
"Hi!" The man bowed and continued, "I need to go to the airport, miss. But my wallet is already in my luggage at the airport. Would it be okay to ask for a ride?" The man asked with a smile.
 
 
Yoobin tilted her head and looked at the stranger. Is he a conman? A thief? A murderer? She weighed the odds and then thought of karma.
 
 
She smiled and said, "Okay, I'll give you one. But how sure am I that you won't rob or kill me?"
 
 
The guy laughed awkwardly at her straightforwardness. He took his passport out and gave it to Yoobin. "You can see there my name and you can send that to your trusted friend." She took it while he was still talking, "You can even take a picture of it. Or a picture of me." She looked at his face and snickered. He smiled, feeling awkward.
 
 
She examined the passport and read the name on it, "Dong Youngbae..." 
 
 
"Yup! That's my name!", the guy said enthusiastically.