Thankful

Bonnie and Clyde

Yoobin woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside her room. She stretched her arms and yawned. Smiling, she opened the door to her veranda. She admired the small garden beneath the veranda of her house.

 

"Good morning, mum~", she said as she smiled. "It's such a beautiful today, yes?" She giggled and leaned in. "I will do my best today, mum, so please guide me!" She made a fist with her right hand and went back inside for a shower. After that, she ate her breakfast and fed her dog, a cross between a poodle and a pomeranian she calls Red.

 

"Good morning, Red~ How was your sleep last night?" she smiled as she ruffled the dog's fur. The dog responded playfully by her hands. "Can you guard the house today again?" She heard the dog whimper and it sunk to the floor. She giggled and lifted her up. "Umma has to go and work today so she can feed you." She eskimo-kissed the dog and put her back down. "I'll be back with a treat, okay?" She patted the dog once more and filled its food basket with food. Since she's out for the rest of the day, she secures the food basket before she leaves so that Red can eat by herself.

 

Yoobin washed her face and dressed herself up. Being a budding fashion designer has put a lot of pressure on herself. She usually just wears what's comfortable for her but when an online article about her relaxed style got released, which also questioned her ability to design clothes, she was forced to always be fashionable. Even though she'll just go down a few blocks from her house to her boutqiue.

 

Yoobin lives in Cheongdam-dong, the fashion district of Korea. She picked this place to live in because her mother has left her a house there. She wanted to keep the memory of her mother alive in her that's why she made sure that the garden in her house also resembles her mother's garden in New York.

 

She went out of her house sporting a mini dress which flowed evenly on her thighs, a pair of red stiletto heels that covered most of her feet, and a black trenchcoat that fell on her knees. Her hair was at its usual style with side-swept bangs. Red followed her to give her another goodbye and she responded by patting its head and saying goodbye. She went inside her red Equus and sped off to her boutique.

 

"Good morning, Director!" she was greeted by Haru, her trusted secretary. Yoobin reciprocated the greeting as Haru approached her. "You have a slightly busy schedule today, Director. Today, we're going to the factory at 10AM to make sure the new clothes will be shipped on time. You'll also be in a lunch meeting with the director of Gangnam's mall for a proposal. At 1PM, we'll be heading back here for the Go-See. You'll be free until 6PM. At 6PM, we need to go the venue to finalize the lightings and designs. And would you want me to get you Yogurt Tea?"

 

Yoobin smiled at Haru and took the documents from her, "You are so lovely, Haru. Thank you! Be sure to get one for yourself, okay?" Haru smiled back and bowed. She then set out for her boss' favorite drink.

 

Yoobin went up to her office and examined the documents given to her by Haru. It's a busy time for her as the anniversary of her clothing line is already next week and there still are a lot for her to do. But she's fine with it as she loves what she's doing.

 

She's doing what she has always wanted to do... And she's even good at it.

 

So what's there to ask for?

 

The Go-See ended up at around 4PM and was very exhausting for Yoobin. All the girls looked fabulous and she found it hard to just pick 24 of them. Feeling accomplished, she decided to go to where some of her mum's ashes were collected, her garden.

 

She was standing amidst the flowers and staring out into the small jar. She bowed down and laid some freshly picked flowers near it. She kneeled and smelled the fresh air around her.

 

"Mum, thank you for everything. if you didn't take care of me, I don't think I can be who I am right now." She smiled, tears forming behind her eyes. "It was because of all your hardwork that I get to enjoy life the way I want to. Thank you very much..." She paused and sniffed. "I hope you're always watching me... I hope you're always proud of me..."

 

"I love you, mum. Only you..."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shameless Advertisement: Please read my MinKwang/MinChan and MinKi fanfics as well xD Thanks!!!