Chapter 3

Once upon a time in a boys' dormitory.

He didn't know what he was doing when he didn't react when Woohyun suddenly kissed him. Though, shortly after that he pulled back and pushed his student away as gently as he could. He gazed straight into Woohyun's eyes; looking, but not actually paying attention. He was confused. Yet, he didn't want to show it so he held Woohyun firmly by his arms and ran his hand up and down soothingly. "Don't cry anymore, alright?" He wiped his two thumbs on the boy's cheeks, and Woohyun nodded his head. "So, are we back to studying?" Woohyun nodded again.

Silence rested in the room for a few minutes as his student worked on an equation. His mind went back to what had happened not long before; his finger unconsciously traced over his lips. Why did Woohyun kiss him? He didn't mean anything with it, right? He stuttered a breath at the way his lips tickled. When Woohyun lifted his head up to confirm the solution with his tutor, Sunggyu replied shakily, his lips. Woohyun didn't seem to notice his mind drift and just nodded back to his work.

Shortly after that the door opened to reveal Myungsoo. Woohyun jerked up from his seat. Sunggyu didn't realise it when Woohyun turned to pack his things, so he held his wrist, silently asking why was he stopping. Woohyun tried to wriggle out from the grip, trying to make it unnoticeable to the person who just came it.

Woohyun seemed more uneasy when Myungsoo glanced in their way, but all the latter did was casually sliding into his part of the room, and slipping into bed. His back faced them right after that. He released his hold. "That wasn't so bad, right?" Sunggyu didn't know why he was assuring Woohyun with that, but Woohyun nodded when he faced him while rubbing the ear he just whispered in. Sunggyu nudged him to sit, so Woohyun did. "Do you have anything to talk to me about?" he asked worriedly, but Woohyun only shook his head.

---

His study session ended two hours before twelve noon the next day. He and Woohyun didn't have classes that afternoon, so tutoring would be twice. Even though he had been studying for two hours with his friends, he needed to catch up with his studying hours he had missed due to the tutoring sessions. He had started to read through the pages in his textbook when he suddenly jolted when the back of his pencil tapped against his bottom lip. What was with the shock when it had always been his habit?

Sure he had kissed before, but it was certainly not with a boy. Closing his eyes briefly, he huffed in frustation and shook his head to rid everything that didn't concern his studies. He looked out of the glass walls to the blue sky that suddenly picked his interest. May be he needed some fresh air.

It was at the staircase that he heard voices under him. Other students rarely used the staircase, so it was unusual for him. He wanted to dismiss it, but the clearness of the words echoing in his ears prevented him from doing it. He was certain it was bullying. Although a part of him prodded him to just go away, his body disobeyed. What had happened to the careless Sunggyu?

The air became tense around Sunggyu when he felt his phone vibrate in his pants. Why was it suddenly quiet? Did they hear him?

"Is he picking up?" someone asked in an unpatient tone. Sunggyu's phone vibrated again. A new voice replaced the quietness when he pressed the receive call button, and brought the phone close to his ear.

"Hyung." Sunggyu stilled. The word seemed to echo in the narrow room itself. He didn't see the caller's ID earlier, but he knew that voice. "I-I can't come to our l-lesson today." It was Woohyun.

His suspicion rose and before he knew, he was approaching the source of the voices, his finger subconsciously pressing the end call button. When he neared, his eyes widened when he saw his student on the floor, backed up against a wall. He was trembling. The phone in his hand dropped when someone grabbed him by his collar, and that was when Sunggyu found himself breaking in.

"What are you doing?" he spoke, and all - including Woohyun - looked up at him. The smirk one of the boys sent intimidated him. What did he expect? Fight them? A small part of him regretted his rash decision, but the glint in Woohyun's eyes encouraged him.

Sunggyu kept his eyes at Woohyun for a short time, gesturing for him to run before averting his eyes to the boy in front of him. He forced himself to not back a step, to not look that weak, and he actually managed to. But he should have expected it when the boy snickered, and a powerful fist made contact with his cheek.

He expected some more hits after the second kick on his stomach, but it didn't come. He heard a fight, but he was sure he wasn't involved in it anymore. He was dizzy, and his stomach hurt a lot. A voice calling his name was the last thing he heard before everything turned black.

When he woke up he was already in his room, in bed, and his stomach felt sore. What greeted him first was Woohyun's concerned face; holding his cheeks and asking if he felt alright.

"What happened?" he asked, because it was the only question running in his head.

"I ran into Myungsoo and he helped you out," Woohyun explained in a rush. "Are you okay?" he asked again. Sunggyu nodded his head, and Woohyun looked like he finally got to release a breath he'd been holding.

"Sorry for making you worried," Sunggyu apologised, wincing because his jaw hurt.

"Hyung! I should be the one apologising! I'm sorry you got in trouble because of me," he paused to examine the bruise on Sunggyu's face. "You got a cut hyung..."

"Ah, really?" he touched the side of his lips, and at the same time Myungsoo came in through the door with a small plastic bag.

"You're awake," he said as he came closer to his bed. Sunggyu straightened to sit up. Woohyun scooted away to make space for Myungsoo to sit beside Sunggyu. "Tell me if it hurts, okay?" he said after he took out the bandages from the bag he brought, and dapped the cotton at the corner of Sunggyu's lips.

It didn't really hurt, so Sunggyu stayed quiet. He didn't relise he had been staring at Myungsoo, so when Myungsoo looked up, he turned his head away. Myungsoo's chuckle made Sunggyu look at him again. "What?"

"Nothing," Myungsoo's voice hinted laughter when he opened the box of band aid.

"Yah," he stutterd out slightly laughing as well, "what's so funny?"

Sunggyu watched Myungsoo turn to place the band, but he held it mid air. Myungsoo's smile made him a little self conscious, so he chose to avert his eyes. He felt the bed dip, and that was when Myungsoo suddenly kissed the side of his lips. He flushed at their proximity when Myungsoo moved back to paste the band over his cut.

"Those dramas are really cheesy, huh?" he said as he stood up from the bed.

Sunggyu nervously glanced in Woohyun's direction. He was looking away, but may be he just realised something that made him snap his head back. Sunggyu furrowed his eyebrows at Woohyun when he glared at Myungsoo who was leaving the room.

"What is it Woohyun?"

Woohyun's reply came after a long pause, "He has Sungyeol." Sunggyu didn't understand. "He has Sungyeol so why did he kiss you?" his voice rose.

"Woohyun-ah," Sunggyu took his hand as he sat up by the side of his bed. He thought of something to say when Woohyun frowned at him. "He's just...playing, okay? He doesn't mean it."

Woohyun was quiet for a while, "Are you sure?"

Sunggyu hummed. Woohyun didn't look convinced. "Come here Woohyun," he drew his hand in Woohyun's hair before pulling him in, their noses touching.

"H-hyung," Woohyun breathed out shakily, his two hands pressing each side of the bed beside Sunggyu. Sunggyu watched his reaction through his fringe. "H-hyung," he stuttered again, and Sunggyu pulled back.

He didn't meet Woohyun's eyes after that. Woohyun backed away from the bed when Sunggyu stood to go to the bathroom. Woohyun held him by his arm, clearly worried about his injury earlier, but Sunggyu let go of his hand, saying that he was okay. When he returned to the room, Woohyun was at the study table. Sunggyu went to his bed quietly.

He bit his bottom lip as he deeply pondered when he glanced in Woohyun's direction. Was Woohyun uncomfortable with affection between boys? May be just the slightest, and may be he wanted to get rid of it. That explained the kiss. He didn't mind the kisses, right? Myungsoo's kiss was also playful, right? Sunggyu wasn't especially experienced with subjects like homouality himself, but he wasn't against it. He wanted to help Woohyun.

But how?