Canadian~

May the Best Flirt Win

Minji’s POV~

“Look at them. It’s sickening.”

“Minji, it’s been almost a month. If you didn’t like them together, you seriously should have said something. That could have been you feeding Jonghyun his French fries.”

“Christine, who’s side are you on?”

“Yours of course, but you gotta admit. You’re an absolute idiot for keeping your mouth shut. A month’s a long time, ya’ know, and it’s definitely long enough for someone to develop feelings that weren’t there before.”

I sighed, folding my menu up and placing it on the table. My eyes unconsciously traveled across the restaurant, resting on Jonghyun and Sekyung sitting in a booth a little ways away with her feeding him French fries and helping him with his drink. So I admitted it. I freaking like Kim Jonghyun. Maybe even love him a little. Are you guys happy that I finally admitted it? Well, I’m not. In finally admitting it, I’m finally allowing myself to be hurt at the sight of the two of them together everywhere. In every newspaper, in every blog site, in every webpage, in every fan fiction. THEY’RE IN THERE. It’s disgusting! And what really doesn’t make sense to me is the fact that Hello debuted almost a month ago, yet they’re still together. His injuries have more than healed, meaning that he’s perfectly fine for promotions and whatnot, yet he’s still with her. I guess I just have to accept the fact that he actually likes her, which means…

He never liked me to begin with.

“Earth to Minji~”

I shook my head a little and looked at Christine sitting across from me at the table, who was motioning upwards with her eyes. I blinked for a moment before following her eyes to find the waiter staring at me with a smile on his face and his pen and pad ready at hand.

“Hey, I’m Ethan, and I’ll be your waiter for the day. What would you guys like?” he asked with a sweet smile that reminded me of Jonghyun’s.

“Oh, um… Can I have the cheeseburger with a side of fries and a Dr. Pepper, please?” I asked.

“Sure thing,” he answered, scribbling my order down on his pad of paper. He looked over to Christine with the same smile. “And for you?”

“I’ll have the same thing with a salad instead of fries and a Pepsi instead of a Dr. Pepper,” Christine responded, also folding up her menu.

“Alrighty. Your order will be right up. And if I can have your menus,” he said, finalizing Christine’s order and reaching for our menus.

We handed them to him and soon, he was out of sight. Christine giggled, leaning closer to me with her elbows resting on the table.

“He was so checking you out,” she said with a girlish grin.

I rolled my eyes. “He can check out all he wants, but this item isn’t for sale.”

“Minji, you’re being sucha killjoy. The boy was cute! And all you do is thi—Hello? Hello? Are you even paying attention to me anymore? Minji?” Sensing that my attention was elsewhere, Christine twisted in her chair, trying to follow my line of sight, and when she saw what I was staring at, she rolled her eyes and let out an exasperated sigh. “Minji, you’re pathetic. I know you love the guy and all, but you let him get away.”

“Have I ever told you how much I love your brutal honesty?” I asked, every syllable leaving my mouth practically dripping with bitter sarcasm.

“Minji, if I’m not totally honest with you, who will be?” Christine asked logically.

“Shut up.”

“Now, now. Don’t take your petty anger out on me. It’s been a month, girl. You seriously need to get over it. There are plenty of other guys out there for you!”

“Yeah, but you don’t understand, Christine. With Jonghyun it was…different. I’ve never felt that way around a guy before and a guy’s never had the same effect on me that he had. He was my almost first kiss and whenever I was with him, I just felt so… so… So free. And besides. It’s not the fact that he’s dating someone else that’s bugging me. Honestly, I could care less about that. It’s just… I wish she weren’t sucha ! I know for a fact that he deserves to be with someone better, not that two-faced, coldhearted witch.

“Again. You let him get away. But that doesn’t even matter. Just because he’s so blinded by ‘love’, doesn’t mean that you can’t win him back.”

“What in the world are you talking about, Christine?”

“I’m talking about, get him back. Make him yours again. You were there for Jonghyun these past few months, not her. You were the one who’s been catching Jonghyun’s interest lately, not her. You’re the one he truly loves. Not. Her. It’s a simple task really. Just get even.”

I mulled over her words as Ethan came back to our table with our drinks in each of his hands. After informing us that our food was almost ready, he quickly left again, leaving me sitting there with a stupid grin on my face. Christine was right. I’d been playing too nice lately. I was always sitting here talking about how I wanted him back, yet I was never willing to do anything about it due to the fact that I still thought SHINee needed him for promotions. Well, like I said earlier. He’s more than capable of doing other forms of promotions now and they don’t need him fake dating Sekyung any longer. But the only thing that was worrying me about this plan was the fact that there’s always the small chance that somewhere along the way, ‘fake dating’ might have turned into just ‘dating’. And then what? Where does that leave me? Where does that leave us?

“So? How’re we gonna do this?” I asked, tearing off the straw wrapper and sticking the straw in my drink.

As I was stirring my drink around, a Cheshire grin slowly formed on Christine’s face as an evil glint entered her eyes. “Oh, I know the perfect way.”

Have I ever told you how much I love my best friend?

~~~~

“You’re kidding me. Christine, I’m not doing it.”

“Oh c’mon! It’s the most perfect plan out there! Jealousy is sometimes the best remedy for things like this.”

“Is not!”

“It worked with you, didn’t it?”

“… Shut up.”

I sighed as I hugged my purple throw pillow closer to my chest. Date someone else? Was it even worth it? No, it wasn’t. I can’t go and get myself a boyfriend just to make Jonghyun jealous. For one thing, it would be my first boyfriend, and for another thing, there are no guarantees that this would actually work. But then again, nothing is ever guaranteed, right?

“Argh! Why is this so damn frustrating?!” I exclaimed, throwing the pillow on my mattress and falling backwards on my giant stuffed panda.

Christine sighed and nodded, lying down beside me and staring up at the ceiling. “I know. But it’s not that bad if you think about it. Plus side? If it doesn’t work in getting Jonghyun back, there’s always the chance that you’ll actually start liking the other guy.”

“That’s just the thing, Christine. I don’t want to like another guy. I wanna like Jonghyun,” I said with a slight pout.

“Minji, you’re giving me whiplash with your conflicting emotions here. One moment, you hate his guts, the next moment, you’re in love with him, and then, you’re wishing for him and Sekyung to fall off a cliff together, and now you’re in love with him again? Girl, make up your damn mind!”

“I can’t~”

Christine sighed and turned so her back was now facing me. “I’m going to sleep. You should empty your mind so you can make a clear decision, and once you have your mind made up, tell me. From there, I can help you, ara?”

I sighed heavily in response but quietly muttered, “Arasso.”

“Good. Now go to sleep. I heard Minho say something about dragging you with him to some show tomorrow. And just so you know, I’m disappearing before that happens so you can’t drag me along with you. Goodnight.”

Minho’s dragging me where now?

No, no.

No, no.

I am not waking up at six in the morning for his annoying . -__-

~~~~

“That little…”

Sticking true to her word, I woke up the next morning to find Christine gone and Minho in my room with an excited expression on his face. He was practically bouncing up and down as he kept messing with me, telling me to hurry up and get up so I could leave with them. Finally getting fed up, I threatened to dropkick him in the head if he wouldn’t shut up, which caused him to pout at me. I rolled my eyes. I wasn’t in the mood for this. It was bad enough that Christine decided I had to find myself a boyfriend to make Jonghyun jealous, but why would anything make him jealous when he’s only spoken two words—those two words being ‘go’ and ‘away’—to me for the past month? I swear to you that Kim Jonghyun is probably the most sensitive guy in the entire freaking world because he was still hung up over the fact that I said I didn’t like him. Hello! Did he not see that I practically wanted to punch Sekyung in the face every time I saw them together?! Ugh. Idiotic, blind dinosaur.

“Minji, c’mon,” Minho said with a pout. “I know you’ve been feeling down lately, but I’ve gotta surprise for you that’ll cheer you up, I promise!”

“If the surprise isn’t Sekyung’s body at the bottom of a cliff, I assure you it won’t cheer me up,” I responded flatly, aimlessly going through my drawers for a pair of clean undergarments and shorts.

“Quit being so morbid. What’s the deal with you two anyway? It’s not as if she’s done anything to you,” Minho said, now lying on my bed and throwing my purple throw pillow in the air then catching it on its way back down.

“Yeah, not that you know of,” I muttered under my breath.

“What was that?”

I sighed, shaking my head slightly. “Nothing. But what’s this surprise all about?”

“If I tell you now, it won’t be a surprise! Silly Minji~”

“Minho, I’m not in the mood for surprises. At this point, I have a feeling I’ll be more cheered up if I get to punch a certain actress in the face rather than getting some random surprise from you.”

“Trust me, baby sister. This surprise is a good one and I know for a fact that you’ll be cheered up. Now hurry, go take a shower and get ready. We’re leaving in an hour.”

“I’ll be sure to take two then.”

“What was that?”

“Nothing, nothing~”

I shut the door on Minho and sighed, grimacing at the prospect of having to spend all day around SHINee. Normally, this wouldn’t be a fact to grimace about, but when three fifths of the group refuses to speak to me, I think I reserved the right to grimace all I wanted. Jonghyun is giving me the cold shoulder for obvious reasons, Key’s still upset with me for the incident of me ‘freaking out on Sekyung for no apparent reason’ about a month ago, and Taemin is just easily manipulated by his hyungs so he is also no longer speaking to me simply because Key and Jonghyun weren’t. Onew is Switzerland, taking no side in the war, and Minho… Well, Minho is obligated to speak to me, otherwise, I would have called and complained to Umma by now, who would definitely find a way to strangle him through the phone ‘cause, ya’ know… She’s Umma. Umma can do anything. Blinking back the tears caused by the uber crappy turn my life had taken recently, I started getting ready for my shower. I was looking up toward the sink when something stopped me.

The sink.

It’s so…clean.

I carefully placed my clean clothes on the sink and began thinking about how in the world it was so clean. I hadn’t put the effort into cleaning it lately, simply to spite Sekyung who wrinkled her nose every time she entered the bathroom. Key refuses to do it now because he thinks that it would benefit me more than it would Jonghyun. Jonghyun hadn’t done it because—

“Well I’ll be damned,” I said softly, a slight smile gracing my lips as my fingers gently grasped the Post-It Note taped to the mirror.

Um, hey…

It’s sad that I have to start a conversation with you through a stupid Post-It Note nowadays, but… I miss you. Please don’t be mad at me anymore? I know I’ve been a douche lately for ignoring you and seeming as though I want nothing to do with you, but I was just…hurt. Really hurt.

I even cleaned the bathroom as a peace offering?

So…Forgive me?

-Jonghyun

My small smile slowly morphed into a full smile. Well, this just opens up whole new doors and levels the playing fields I believe. I placed the note on the sink and turned to Jonghyun’s door to make sure it was locked. Sekyung’s gotten into the habit of spending the night and she still hasn’t exactly grasped the concept that I live on the other side of this bathroom, meaning that she finds it perfectly okay to simply walk in on my showers. You should have seen the fit she threw when Jonghyun accidentally walked in on one of my showers. It was quite hilarious, especially since she found a way to somehow twist it so everything that happened was my fault. Oh yes, because I just live to have random guys walk in on my showers, right? Ugh. People these days~

“Minji, I don’t hear the shower!~” Minho called in a sing-song voice.

“Alright, alright, I’m getting on that. Sheesh,” I muttered, turning the water on and stripping out of my clothes.

I stepped into the shower and smiled in content as the steaming water pounded on my aching back. What I couldn’t believe is that it’s been three months since I first moved in with SHINee. What’s today? November sixth? Seventh? I blinked, counting my fingers for a moment before I decided that it was definitely the seventh. Hmm…This is gonna be the first Christmas I’m spending with Minho in almost three years now…

I shook my head slightly to clear my thoughts and focused on getting done with this shower so I could hurry and get ready to leave. I already knew that Sekyung would throw a fit if she didn’t get to take an hour in the shower. As you can clearly see, Sekyung throws a lot of fits. It’s annoying. I silently cursed when shampoo dripped into my eyes. I quickly flushed my eyes and decided that, that was enough of that. I rinsed the rest of the shampoo out, shut the water off, and stepped out, wrapping myself with a towel. I turned when I heard my shampoo bottle fall. Sighing, I reached down and grabbed it, replacing it to its rightful place. When I looked up, my eyes widened and I froze.

Why does this always happen to me?

“M-Minji,” Jonghyun stuttered, his face utterly red and his hands frozen in the middle of putting toothpaste on his toothbrush.

Well. It’s only awkward if you make it awkward, right?

“Hey, Jjong,” I responded, nonchalantly grabbing another towel and wrapping my hair up with it. “Did I not lock the door again? Hmm…I thought I had.”

Sound all cool, calm, and collected, right? Well, on the inside, what was really happening, was OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE HERE?! WHY DOES HE ALWAYS WALK IN ON MY SHOWERS?! WHY AM I NOT FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW?! WHY IS HE NOT FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW?! WHY IS THIS PERFECTLY OKAY?! WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN?! GAH! MINHO! SEKYUNG! SOMEBODY, COME AND SAVE US FROM THIS AWKWARDNESS!

“Y-you didn’t,” he continued, his hands still frozen in midair.

“Oh. Well, I guess I gotta be more careful about that then. You might wanna hurry. We gotta leave in an hour,” I said, shooting him a small smile while grabbing my clothes from the sink and walking into my own room.

After shutting the door, I gave a huge sigh of relief, my heart pounding like crazy in my chest as I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks all at once. Ohmygosh, why is that boy so freaking awkward?! I shook my head slightly, taking refuge in my closet so I could get dressed in peace. I quickly pulled on all my clothes—a hug-the-body, hot pink V-neck and black jean shorts—before going back out and finding Minho standing in the middle of my room with a lost look on his face. I blinked for a moment, frozen in my spot by the door with my hand still resting on the doorknob. Minho turned to look at me and gave me a huge smile.

“It’s about time you’re done. Are you ready to leave?” he asked me, fixing the collar of his leather jacket.

I rolled my eyes. “Cool your jets, broskii. I gotta do my hair and makeup real quick.”

“Urgh. You’re sucha girl!” he complained, flopping down on my bed with a pout on his face.

“Well, pardon me, but in the words of Lady Gaga, ‘baby, I was born this way’.”

“Pfsht. Lady Gaga. America’s got no real talent. It’s all auto tune and lip synching! And none of them over there can dance! Put them in the freaking KPop business for an hour and they’d all die,” Minho commented, playing catch with one of my pillows once more.

I chuckled at this, pulling out my rectangular mirror from my closet and propping it up on my closet door once I closed it. “Couldn’t agree more, dear brother. Have you seen some of the so-called ‘talent’ over there? Yeah, some of them are just trashy.

“I don’t even know what they are anymore. They have the audacity to call that talent. Bah! I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous before in my life!”

I nodded my head in agreement as I plopped myself down in front of my mirror and let my hair loose from my towel. My damp hair fell into an unrecognizable mess atop my head. I sighed, grabbing my brush and quickly running it through my hair. Once the tangles and knots were terminated by the mighty brush, I set the brush back down on the floor and stared at my reflection, contemplating on how I wanted to do my hair today. Shrugging, I decided on taking the easy way out and just leaving it down without any added curls or anything of the sort. For makeup, all I needed was a thin layer of eyeliner and a quick swipe of mascara and I was done! I didn’t like too much gunk on my face. It was actually quite disgusting, and the only time I wear more than eyeliner and mascara was whenever I had a ballet recital or a violin recital. Otherwise, it was usually the natural look that I preferred over anything else, as well it should be!

“Minji, do you miss being close with Jonghyun?” Minho suddenly asked me in a thoughtful voice as he continued to throw my pillow in the air and catching it.

“I’d be lying if I said I didn’t,” I murmured quietly, silently putting my makeup back into my makeup bag and refusing to turn to look him in the face.

“Then why don’t you just go and talk to him?”

I heard Minho shifting on the bed, no doubt in my mind that he was now sitting at the edge and giving me an intense stare, to which I was more than happy to ignore. I sighed instead and sat there for a moment, unsure of how to respond. Then, “You don’t understand, Minho. He won’t speak to me. He refuses to. He doesn’t even… Know I exist at this point.”

“…He misses you, Minji.”

I shook my head, abruptly standing up and opening my closet door so I could put my makeup bag back on the shelf. While seeking refuge in the closet, I quietly said, “He’s not the only one.”

“Minji, just talk to him. I assure you that he’ll be more than happy to talk to you again,” Minho said, now standing in my closet’s doorway with that look that only older brothers seemed to have mastered.

“How can I when he’s living it up in Couple Land with Sekyung?!” I accidently yelled, involuntarily throwing my makeup bag on the floor in anger when it refused to stay on my shelf.

Minho sighed, reaching down and picking up my makeup bag off the ground. Straightening himself, he placed it on the shelf gently and said, “Minji, have you forgotten already that all this is fake? If you would just open up your ears and listen to what’s being said around you, you’d know that he can’t stand her. He seriously wishes for her to go away! And on the nights she sleeps over, he sneaks into my room and crashes on the couch so he won’t be anywhere near her, but since he’s sucha nice guy and all, he can’t flat out tell her to go away. That’s just how he is! But you being stubborn and not talking to him will only make him more stubborn and not wanna talk to you either. You needa be the bigger person here and initiate the conversation.”

“Well… We’ll see what happens. I have a feeling things are about to get a lot more interesting,” I responded with a slight smirk, suddenly remembering the Post-It Note from earlier. Why was I worried for? Sekyung is practically outta the picture, and I’ve got the Post-It and Minho’s words backing me up on that thought.

Minho blinked at me for a moment before a smirk of his own spread across his face. “Baby sister, what do you have in mind?”

“Oh, nothing, nothing,” I said with a slight smile.

“I’m kinda nervous, but…amused at the same time. And I’m guessing that you’re not gonna tell me what’s going on?” he asked, giving me a look. I shook my head, causing him to sigh at me again. “Well, at least you’re smiling again. I haven’t seen that smile in awhile now, however, I have a feeling that this surprise will definitely make you happy.”

“Well then, what’re we waiting for?! I say we go!”

~~~~

I woke up at six this morning.

I got ready earlier than normal.

I had Jonghyun walk in on my shower.

For this?! This was the surprise Minho was talking about?! Dragging me to some random Korean variety show that I had no particular interest in?! GAH! SHOOT ME NOW! T____T

“Be good, ara? I don’t wanna have some random stage handler telling me that a short little Asian girl is running around wreaking havoc and mayhem, do you understand me?” Minho asked, giving me a condescending look while he stood there and allowed for some of the stylists to fix his outfit and do last minute adjustments to his hair.

“Don’t patronize me,” I replied, rolling my eyes at him.

“Don’t worry, Minho. I’ll keep an eye on her. People like her need an experienced guide to help her out with these things, so I’ll be more than happy to help,” Sekyung said, flashing Minho a big smile and discreetly sending me a nasty glare.

I smiled a big smile in response and said, “Aww, thanks, unnie! I’m so happy to have such an awesome unnie like you.” And then, under my breath, “I’d rather have you gouge my eyes out with a spork than having to look at you all day.”

“What was that, Minji?” Sekyung asked.

“Oh, nothing, nothing at all~”

“Tch. Whatever. Jonghyun oppa! Go out there and do well, ara! I’ll be watching the entire time!”

I. Almost. Busted. Out. Laughing. When. Jonghyun. Refused. To. Kiss. Her.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST I’VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE! BAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHAHA!

I swear to you all, I almost died from having to suppress my laughter when Jonghyun simply nodded, turned his head to the side, and mumbled something under his breath. Sekyung’s mouth dropped in disbelief as her lips immediately formed a pout and her brows furrowed in a hidden scowl. Oh my gosh, you honestly have no idea how freaking funny she looks! STUPID JUST GOT REJECTED! xD

“Are you boys ready? It’s almost your turn up.” I turned to see one of the stage handlers poking his head in, his attention focused on a clipboard in his hands.

When he looked up at us, Onew nodded and said, “We’ll be out there in a moment. Is Super Junior done yet?”

“WHOA, WHOA, WHOA,” I said, snapping my attention toward Onew with wide eyes. “WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!”

“Oh crap… I just realized you’re an ELF,” Onew muttered.

“SUPER JUNIOR IS HERE AND YOU DIDN’T TELL ME?!” I exclaimed, my jaw practically on the floor at this point.

Minho chuckled, smiling at me. “Surprise!”

“Surprise? Is it someone’s birthday?” I heard a voice ask behind me.

I spun on my heel and squeaked, my hand flying up to cover my mouth. My hand shakily rose, pointing at the men standing before me. “Y-y-you’re S-Sup-per J-Juni-ior.”

They were staring at me weirdly for a moment, but when they realized that I was definitely an ELF, they all exchanged quick glances, smiled, and turned back to me, saying—well, more like shouting. xD—“Annyeonghaseyo! We are… SHUPAHHH JUNI-AH!

Well I’ll be damned.

I suppose seeing Sekyung’s body at the bottom of the cliff wasn’t the only thing that could cheer me.

I’M STANDING IN FRONT OF SUPER FREAKING JUNIOR, DAMMIT! HOW MUCH BETTER CAN IT GET THAN THAT?!

“Minji, I’d like you to meet my other hyungs,” Minho said, coming up to my speechless form and easily slinging his arm around my shoulders with a slightly proud smirk on his face. “I’d introduce them all to you, but I’m sure you already know their names, so I’ll take the easy way out. Hyungs, this is Minji Kim, my little sister. In other words, your biggest possible fan in the history of ELFs.”

“Aww, how cute! Your sister’s a fan of ours!” Leeteuk exclaimed happily, flashing me his one-dimpled smile.

Oh my Shisus.

“Hyungs? Has anyone seen my violin case? It seems to have disappeared,” I heard a voice in the back of the crowd say.

Henry.

Oh my gosh, if I see Henry, I’m gonna pass out. I swear to you, if I see Henry, I’m gonna pass out. If I see Henry, I’m gonna—

“Henry, I found it! It was under this duffel bag,” I heard Donghae say, picking up my dance duffel that I had set down in the corner of the dressing room earlier. He tilted his head—he was so cute! ^^—as he read the gold embroidered name sewn into the strap of the bag. “Minji Eun Kim. Oh, hey, this is your name, isn’t it?”

I numbly nodded, feeling as though I were about to collapse when Donghae gave me an easy smile, handing me my duffel.

“Your sister doesn’t say much, huh?” Siwon said, giving me an odd look coupled with a kind smile as he passed by me and took off his jacket.

Siwon, do you want me to die?

“To tell you the truth, this is the first time I’ve seen her so speechless,” Minho said, giving me an unreadable look. “Minji, use your words! Speak!”

I still couldn’t find the words to exactly express my feelings at the moment. Granted, I should be jumping around, screaming, yelling, crying, fangirling over the fact that Super freaking Junior is standing here in front of me, yet I just couldn’t find the words! It was as if I were a deer caught in the headlights, a feeling I wasn’t very familiar with since I was so good at quick responses to everything anyone ever said to me, but damn! Is it normal to be at a total and complete loss for words when you meet your all-time favorite boy band in the history of boy bands for the first time? It is, isn’t it?

“Oppa!~” an annoyingly disgusting voice shouted behind me.

My face fell and my eyes rolled to the ceiling. Oh no. No, no. She better keep her hands away from Super Junior and stick to her precious Jonghyun. -__-

And then, I saw him.

I.

Freaking.

Saw.

Him.

Henry Lau is in the ing building, es<3

And guess who’s about to die for being all over my bias. -__-

“So I’m guessing that the Canadian is your bias?” Minho whispered in my ear so only I could hear.

“Yes, and if Sekyung doesn’t get her filthy hands off him in about two seconds, guess who’s gonna be thrown down a sewage drain,” I muttered, glaring at her and willing for a bolt of lightning to fly down from the heavens and strike her down.

“Oh, hey Sekyung! Hey, hyungs!~ And Minho, and Key, and Taemin,” Henry greeted, flashing everyone in the room one of the most adorable smiles I’d ever seen in my life.

Kyaa, he was just so cute! Look at him! How can you not be a Strings when he’s just so damn cute?!

“Ahh, and then we meet Henry. Henry, this is my little sister, Minji Kim. Minji, this is Henry Lau, and I would tell you more about him, but I’d say you already know all about him,” Minho told me with a sly wink.

I glared at him for a moment, but my anger was quickly forgotten when Henry also flashed me a smile and said, “Annyeonghaseyo, Henry imnida.”

I smiled slightly and quietly replied, “Annyeonghaseyo, Minji imnida.”

“Aww, sucha pretty name,” Henry replied, giving me that smile again.

His cheeks! Ohmygosh, his cheeks! ^-^

I felt a blush creeping up in my cheeks as my face grew warm. I’m sure at this point, I looked like a smiling idiot that was blushing like crazy, but I didn’t care. Who told Henry to be so damn cute for, huh? It was totally his fault if I looked like an idiot right now. xD As Henry walked toward his violin case, I couldn’t help but to stare at his violin. It was so pretty~

“Minji, right?” I turned toward the source of the voice to see Eunhyuk staring at me. I smiled and nodded slightly, confirming his question as truth. “And you’re Minho’s little sister with the last name Kim?”

I laughed slightly and coyly responded, “I’m not his real sister. His family adopted me when I was first born.”

“Ahh~ Now that explains the eyes, the hair color, and the height,” he said with a laugh. “Truth be told? You are way too attractive to be his little sister.”

“Yah! Hyung!” Minho exclaimed, immediately pouting at Eunhyuk.

“You know I love you, dongsaeng,” Eunhyuk replied with a laugh, managing to trap Minho in a headlock despite Minho being a good four inches taller than him.

“Hey! If you mess up his hair, all of you are going to die!” one of the stylist ladies playfully snapped, sending Eunhyuk a joking glare.

Eunhyuk smiled and said, “Mianhae, noona~”

Noona. Whatta disgusting word,” she said, rolling her eyes as she freed Minho and began going through the process of fixing his hair again.

“Hey, Minho. How old is your sister?” Siwon asked, eyeing me with a scrutinizing gaze.

“She just turned eighteen last August,” Minho replied, shifting his gaze to look at Siwon.

“She’s younger than Uki,” Siwon said, blinking for a moment. “How strange. Uki’s always the youngest.”

“No. I’m always the youngest,” Taemin replied with a quick smile.

“Teen Top is younger than you are. Face it. You’re not the world’s maknae anymore,” Jonghyun replied with a slight laugh, playfully shoving Taemin.

Whoa. It was odd hearing his voice. I haven’t heard him speak a full, coherent sentence in almost a month, and here he is actually speaking in my presence. I say that’s a definite step up. :3 He even turned and smiled at me when he heard me laughing at his comment, which definitely made my heart speed up in my chest, a feeling that’s been foreign to me for the past month now. Upon seeing this, however, Sekyung just had to come along and ruin my moment. -__-

“Jonghyun oppa~” Sekyung whined, pouting at Jonghyun.

My face fell again as he sighed and said, “Yes, Kyung?”

“Did you make the dinner reservations for tonight? Jong Min said tonight should be the night that we kiss in public,” she said, flashing me a nasty glare and a vicious smile that I’m sure only I could see.

I swallowed, wanting to jump forward and rip her to shreds. She was sooo doing this just to irk me. And quite frankly?

She should stop.

Before she gets punched in the face.

Hard.

“Kiss? When was this decided? I don’t remember ever agreeing to this,” Jonghyun said, giving Sekyung a questioning look.

“I’ll take that as a you didn’t make the reservations? Oh, it’s alright. I called in ahead of time,” Sekyung replied with a smile. “And the kiss was decided a couple days ago. I pitched the idea and Jong Min fell in love with it. So, it’s a go tonight. Aww, Minji. You don’t look too good. Are you feeling okay?”

I grinded my teeth, and to keep myself from flying forward and stabbing the stupid to death like my inner thoughts were telling me to do, I simply my heel and walked out, slightly slamming the door behind me.

Jonghyun’s POV~

I’m gonna kill Sekyung. -__-

“Damn it,” I heard Minho mutter, rushing toward the door, but it opened just as he was about to reach it and a stage handler came in, a frantic look on his face.

“SHINee, you were supposed to be out there already! They already introduced you!” he yelled, grabbing Minho and shoving him out the door, making a grab for the rest of us.

“But my sister!” Minho exclaimed, trying and failing to run after Minji.

“There’s no time for that! We need you on the stage now!” the stage handler yelled.

“Minho, just go!” I heard Leeteuk shout as he was also pushing us out the door. “One of us will go find her! Don’t worry about it! We’ll take care of her! You guys just go out there and do your best!”

“I’ll go find her!” I heard a certain Canadian’s voice chime as I was shoved out the door, sandwiched between Onew and Key.

My lips curled in anger.

Henry…

You try anything with Minji…

And I will kill you.

 

OHMYGOSH, OHMYGOSH, OHMYGOSH, OHMYGOSH! A MILLION TIMES APOLOGIES, MY LOVELY READERS! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY I WAS GONE FOR SUCHA LONG TIME!

A MONTH! A MONTH!! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY THE LONGEST TIME I HAVE EVER BEEN UNABLE TO UPDATE, AND IT SERIOUSLY KILLED ME KNOWING THAT I COULDN'T DO IT! IT'S JUST, BETWEEN AP TESTING, AND EOC'S, AND HOMEWORK, AND SCHOOL, AND LIFE, AND VIOLIN, AND DANCE, I'VE JUST BEEN SWAMPED! ><;

BUT THAT IS SERIOUSLY NO EXCUSE TO BE GONE FOR SO LONG, MAKING YOU GUYS WAIT FOR THIS CRAPPY CHAPTER THAT I'M NOT SATISFIED WITH WHATSOEVER. AIGOOOOOO. I'M SOOOOOO SORRY!!!! T______________T

Anyway, now that, that apology is outta the way, let's get into some happier stuff, ara? :3

I was supposed to have this chapter up by yesterday, but I kept getting distracted.

Why?

BECAUSE I GOT FEATURED!!<3

Oh my gosh, it seriously made my entire freaking SUMMER--even though summer isn't even here yet. ;D--knowing that I got featured! I never thought it'd be possible, but lookie here! Kyaa! I'm so happy right now, and I wanna thank all of you since the majority of you guys are transfer readers from Uki's story. :3

Any who, this chapter is crap. I realized, and I'm sorry. And I'm sure that it doesn't flow like my other chapters usually do, but that's 'cause I never had time to really sit down and write the entire chapter at once like I usually do, which is probably why it sounds so choppy and flows so awkwardly.

But, I will make up for it. You wanna know why? Because a whooooole lotta drama is 'bout to come up, and that's kinda my specialty. ;D

But regarding the updating thing. Again, I'm soooooo sorry that I was gone for so long, but life literally kicked my recently. ><;

Don't worry, though, because summer is almost here! MEANING THAT I WILL BE UPDATING LIKE A MADWOMAN!<3

However, that also means that this story shall be finished in the summer. :3

But don't worry, ara? After this story is done, I've already gotta new story idea in mind. It's gonna be a Beast story, and I'll probably begin posting that one once Minji is finished. Keep a lookout for that! It'll definitely mean a lot to me if you guys support me on that story, too, even if it's gonna be awhile 'till it comes about. ^-^

Any who, my author's note is kinda ridiculously long and is probably half as long as the chapter itself. xD

So I shall end it here. :3

Again, sorry for the ridiculously long wait! I promise that it won't EVER happen again!<3

OH MY GOSH, HENRY LAU, WHY ARE YOU SO ING CUTE?!<3

Okay, now I'm done. :3