Heart Attacks~

May the Best Flirt Win

Jonghyun’s POV~

“Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, I lost my little sister. I lost my little sister. Oh my goooodness, umma’s gonna kill me. Oh my goodness, umma and appa are gonna kill me. Oh my goodness, I’m gonna die. I’m gonna die a ridiculously horrid and horrible death. I’m gonna—Oof! Hyung, that hurt!”

“Good,” I simply said, smirking as he was rubbing the red print my hand left on the side of his face. “And besides. You deserve it. It’s your fault Minji’s gone.”

He let out this whiny little noise. “I knoooooow. Aish. Minji!”

“We searched practically all of Seoul. It’s as if she disappeared and fell off the face of the earth!” Key exclaimed as he and Onew shuffled in through the front door with Taemin trailing behind them.

“Aish. And she won’t pick up her phone either?” Minho asked, raising his head from his hands.

“I’ve called her literally fifty times,” I replied. “She’s not picking up for the life of her.”

“Aish. I blame you, Minho! If anything happens to my little sister, I’m killing you, arasso?!” Onew exclaimed, glaring at Minho.

“I know, I know,” Minho responded. Then all of a sudden, his eyes lit up as he smiled. “I bet she called umma! I bet umma knows where she is!”

He fumbled in his pocket for his phone and hastily called his mom.

“Put it on speaker,” I said, wanting to hear if their mom really did know of Minji’s whereabouts.

He obliged just as his mom’s sleepy voice greeted with, “Yebeoseyo?”

“Umma! Do you know where Minji is?!” Minho exclaimed.

“Minji? Minji?! Don’t tell me you lost my baby girl!” she screamed.

“…No…”

“CHOI MINHO!”

“Aish, I’m sorry! We got into this fight and then she got upset and then I said some things that I really had no business in saying and—and—aish, umma, help meeeee!”

“Aish. I should kill you for losing my baby girl like that.”

“Do you know where she is?!”

“Now why in the world would I know where she is? I’m all the way in Mokpo for goodness’ sake. I’m lucky if I know what the weather’s like in Seoul.”

“Umma!”

“Aish, lemme talk to her,” I said, snatching the phone away from Minho’s hands. “Ajhumma?”

“Neh? Who is this?” she asked.

“This is Jonghyun, ajhumma,” I responded politely.

“Jonghyun?! Kim Jonghyun?! Aww! So you’re the one my Minji’s in love with!”

“Bwoh?” I asked. So it’s true then? She’s really in love with me? Aww, how cute(x

“Oops. Probably shouldn’t have said that. Don’t tell her I said that. She’d probably kill me if she found out,” she said immediately said. Aww, their mom’s so cute(x

“Whaa?! So we lost?! Minji fell in love?!” Onew cried.

I smirked at him. “Come now, we all knew it was bound to happen.”

“Aish. You know Minji. She’s more stubborn than a brick. She wouldn’t admit that she loved anything even if her life depended on it. Well, except for maybe me and her appa, ballet, and this idiot named Minho whom she calls her brother.”

“Yah!” Minho exclaimed.

“Oh please. We all know she loves you. You’re just being an idiot at the moment.”

“Wait…How do you know what Minho did?” I asked slowly.

“She called and told me, duh. Oh shoot! You guys weren’t supposed to know that! Pretend I didn’t just say that~”

“Umma! You know where she is?! TELL ME!” Minho demanded.

“Aish. Do you want to die tonight? If not, I suggest you leave her be, just for tonight. If she’s not back by…Oh, let’s say noon tomorrow, call me and I’ll tell you where she is so you can bring her back kicking and screaming, arasso?”

“Ummmmmmmmmmaaaaa~”

“Minho, don’t whine. It’s not attractive. Arasso. This is the second time I’ve been woken up by you ridiculous children. I’m happy Min Seok is all grown up and can fend for himself. I think I’d probably go insane if he were like you two. But anyhow, I’m going back to sleep. Goodnight! And Minho, if you ever go through another person’s phone like that, I will maim you and make sure that one of your hands will no longer be of use to you, do you understand?”

“Neh. Mianhae, umma~”

“Arasso. Goodnight. And Jonghyun, treat my baby girl right, got it? If not, that same threat towards Minho applies to you as well, except with another body part, if you get what I’m sayin’.”

I had to laugh. Now I see where Minji got her spunk from(x “N-neh, ajhumma.”

“Arasso. Goodnight one and all!”

“Goodnight,” we all chorused.

I hung up the phone and handed it back to Minho. “Okay, so at least we know that she’s safe for the night.”

“How can you tell?!” Minho exclaimed.

“Aish. You really think your mom would keep her whereabouts a secret if she were in any danger? Bapo,” Key said.

“I’m craving some banana milk. Did you stock up, Key umma?” Taemin asked suddenly, absently heading off to the kitchen in search for his banana milk.

We all blinked for a second. That kid really just—?!

“That maknae,” we all said simultaneously.

Minji’s POV~

Oh my God, it’s following me.

I took a deep breath, my eyes continuously dashing to my rearview mirror. Maybe I was just getting paranoid. Maybe the car just happened to be going to the same destination as I was. It wasn’t following me. Pft. Who would wanna follow me in my Honda Accord for, huh? I laughed nervously to myself as I changed lanes.

I almost started hyperventilating when the car instantly changed lanes right behind me.

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God…

Okay, so now there is a possibility that the stupid car is following me, but for what reason? I don’t even know whose car that is! I almost started crying when the car sped up and tried to rear-end me. AISH! I quickly grabbed my phone, fumbling with my pass code for a moment, before successfully getting to my contacts. Aish, where are y—

“Aha!” I exclaimed, quickly hitting the correct name. It rang impatiently in my ear as I was practically about to pass out from how fast my heart was going. “C’mon, c’mon, pick up, pick u—Minho!”

“Minji?! Where are you?! What happened?! Are you okay?! Gah, I’m sooooo sorry I was sucha jerk! I’m sorry!” his worried voice immediately screamed in my ears.

“It’s okay, just help meeeeee!” I cried, feeling as though I were on the brink of tears.

“WHAT HAPPENED?! WHERE ARE YOU?!”

“I was on my way to the Hilton to crash for the night—”

“You go to the Hilton for a place to crash?” he interrupted.

“MINHO!” I growled impatiently.

“Aish, sorry, sorry. Continue,” he responded.

Anyway. Everything was going juuuuust fine when outta the blue, this car just seemingly sprung up outta nowhere and started following me! At first, I thought I was going insane, but I’m not! I’m not going insane, this damned bastard is actually following me!”

“WHAT?! Okay, just get to the Hilton and stay there, arasso? We’re heading out now to come get you. And do not under any circumstances, get out of your car, got it?”

“N-neh. Hurry! I’m almost there now!”

“Arasso. Remember. STAY. IN. YOUR. CAR.”

“Alright, alright, just hurry!”

I impatiently ended the call just as I was turning into the Hilton parking lot. I looked in my rearview mirror. Okay, so the car was gone. Maybe he decided to leave me alone. Maybe he just left. Or maybe I was simply going crazy and imagined the whole thing. Hahaha. Yeahh, that must be it. I’ve legitimately gone insane, that’s all. Yeah, that’s what happ—

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!” I shrieked when I heard someone knocking on my window. I turned to the passenger window to see some guy standing there with the car that had been following me behind him. I immediately locked and relocked my doors, yelling at him to go away, but he kept sneering at me, motioning for me to open up. “GO AWAY!”

“C’mon, baby. The way you were leaving that parking lot in sucha rush obviously means that you’re stressed about something. I can help you get rid of that stress,” he said, his voice slightly muffled by the two-inch glass barrier between us. But that glass barrier did nothing in hiding his sneer on his face. Whatta disgusting creep!

No thank you,” I replied, gripping my steering wheel so tightly, I could see the blood draining away from my fingers as they turned a deathly white color. “Now if you’d please, I’m going to patiently wait for my oppas to come get me without you standing here, arasso?”

“Ahh, so you’re one of those girls, huh? Need a little convincing? Alright.”

“EW! EW! EW! DO NOT BE UNBUCKLING YOUR PANTS YOU FREAKING SICK-O! GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY CAR BEFORE I ING CALL THE COPS!” I shrieked, covering my eyes with my hands.

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH PEOPLE NOWADAYS?!

“If you don’t wanna meet my little friend, how ‘bout you come outta the car and show me your pretty face, eh?” he asked.

“Go to Hell!” I fiercely responded.

“Aww, baby, don’t be like that!” he taunted. “C’mon, I know you wanna see a real show, so c’mon out!”

“LEAVE ME THE ALONE!”

“Fine. I’ll just open the doors for myself.”

Panicking that I had somehow unlocked the doors by accident, I hit the lock button twice more. I let out a relieved breath until he opened the door. WTFF?! I looked down and face palmed myself. I practically dug my own grave.

I accidently hit the unlock button by accident.

-__________________-

“AHHH! GET THE EFF AWAY FROM ME!” I yelled, slapping his hands away.

“C’mon, don’t run away. Don’t fight it! It’ll make things easier for the both of us!” he said, reaching and grabbing my ankle. I kicked him in the face and quickly opened my door, falling out to the concrete.

I hastily stood to get away when someone else grabbed hold of me from behind, pinning my arms behind my back.

“AGH! LET ME GO!” I screamed.

“C’mon, baby,” a creepy voice whispered in my ear, making me go still as fear coursed through my veins and froze my every muscle. “Don’t fight it, arasso? It’ll be over quickly.”

His hand had slowly glided down my side as he was talking, making me tremble in disgust. I swung my foot back, kicking him right where it counted(x Kekeke~ He immediately fell to the ground, clutching his now injured man-parts—again, kekeke~ xD—as I quickly scrambled to get away from his grasp, only to be grabbed from behind once more. The person turned me by the shoulders to face him and continued to sneer at me.

“Baby, kicking me in the face was not a very nice thing to do,” he told me, gripping my upper arms so tightly; I could feel my blood stopping right where his hands gripped me. “Now, I think you’re gonna have to make it up to me, don’t you agree?”

“Get away from me, you freaking sick-o!” I yelled, struggling to break his grasp on me, but he simply held on tighter. I started going slightly limp under the pain of his grasp, but I forced myself to stand up straight. I will not lose to this drunken bastard!

“Oh, you know you like it. Admit it. You like the rush of being the damsel in distress,” he said, continuing to leer at me.

“You disgusting creep!” I yelled, managing to push him away from me just as he was leaning in to do God knows what. -__-

I was running away when he suddenly jerked me back by my hair.

“You ungrateful little tramp! I’ll make you regret—”

“GET YOUR DISGUSTING HANDS OFF HER THIS ING INSTANT!”

Next thing I know, a tall-ish figure flew outta nowhere and knocked the disgusting creep to the ground with one punch to the face. I had somehow ended up on the ground in the midst of all this and looked up, breathless for a moment.

“Jonghyun,” I breathed quietly, watching as he repeatedly punched that guy in the face.

Onew and Minho rushed over to tear Jonghyun away as Key and Taemin came over to me, helping me up off the ground. I stood on shaking legs as I saw the creep lying on the ground, groaning in pain as he was clutching his head. I blinked. Was that really Jonghyun? Did Jonghyun really just beat the crap outta that guy? All at once, I was in the arms of Minho, who was hugging me tightly and refused to let go.

“Are you okay?! Gah! Never do that to me again! You had me so scared! I told you not to get outta your car!” he yelled.

“H-he opened my door and came after me,” I responded quietly.

I managed to tune out his and everyone else’s worried words as they were fussing over my torn clothes and frazzled looking hair. The only thing that seemed real to me was Jonghyun’s angry form, standing a little ways away with his fists clenched tightly at his sides and his jaw continuously rotating, clenching and unclenching in his unspoken fury. I could see his frame slightly shaking and his expression looked like he was contemplating a tough decision. And all the while, I felt this weird warmth spreading over me, waking up my muscles that were just frozen from fear moments ago, as this fluttery, excited feeling sprung to life in the pit of my stomach. I couldn’t explain it. It was almost as if the moment I saw him flying forward and knocking that guy to the ground, my heart began beating a million beats per minute, wanting so badly to jump outta my chest and escape its confines that wouldn’t allow it to beat any faster. I wanted to fly forward and pull him into my arms, never wanting to let go. What in the world?

I kept blinking, feeling as though I were in a daze, as he swallowed hard and slowly turned to look at me. His eyes held a smoldering hatred, but I knew it wasn’t directed toward me. His brows creased in his unspoken frustration and anger. His lips were pursed in anger as his jaw line was so definite and prominent due to the constant grinding of his teeth. Just looking at him, his angry and tense self, I felt that feeling in my stomach multiply and begin going crazy all over again, intensifying so much I thought I’d die from how happy it was making me. What was this? What was happening?

Oh no.

Did…Did I just fall for him?

 

Oh Jonghyun~ You never cease to amaze me<3