Signing up

Stuck With The Unreliable Pair [ HIATUS ]

 

When you finally got home, your Mother and younger sister greeted you.

“So, how was today?”

“Today went well. A few changes here and there but nothing major” Your Mother nodded and returned to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

You strolled up towards your room, slumping on your bed the moment you reached it. If only I could stay like this forever.


Your notebook was quickly filled with a bunch of different math formulas and equations. The time was passing by ever so slowly and you began to revise these formulas in your head. This lesson wasn’t particularly fun but you continued to get past that and focus. To your surprise, you managed to figure the answers out and your motivation for learning was increasing. I am such a genius.

With a little under five minutes left, the teacher decided to wrap it up for today. Overall, she was impressed with the students’ efforts in this session “You all did well today, please continue your efforts everyone” She beamed.

You left the classroom and waited for Jun to come out. His face was pale and he looked like he was about to keel over. That poor friend of yours didn’t get as much out of that lesson as you did.

“Wow Jun, you look like a zombie or something”

“You’re such a positive little girl” He sarcastically shot back. You laughed it off and the both of you made your way to the flower garden outside. After turning the corner of the hallway, you almost walked into someone. The male in front of you dropped his papers and he didn’t look too impressed.  

“Sorry!” You crouched to help him but he insisted that he would do it himself. Whoa, I was only trying to help.

“Everyone’s irritated by your presence” Jun smirked. You lightly hit his shoulder and frowned.

“You’re such a positive little boy” You mocked his tone of voice from earlier.

School finally ended for you both and the day was still bright. Jun insisted that you guys grab a drink together, so you called your Mother to tell her you would be back later. You found a small coffee shop to sit down at and ordered your drinks shortly after. In the stack of newspapers and magazines that the café provided, you took out the latest paper and smiled.

“Ah Jun, you don’t know how badly I want to go there” You faced the paper in his direction and pointed at the name Gwangjo University.

“How many credit points do they want?” He asked, curious.

You scratched the back of your head and awkwardly smiled “I think they want 500 credit points”

Jun almost choked after hearing the high demanding figure “B-but that’s so tough to get! How many do you have?”

“…300” Jun slowly shook his head and raised his eyebrows.

“So in one year, you’re hoping to get another 200 points. Do you know how difficult that is?”

“Okay okay, so I need 200 more points. I want to go there so I will get them” You snapped back. Nothing was going to ruin your chances so you tried to defend yourself. “What about you? How many points do you need?”

“Well the University I want to go to requires 380 points and I’ve got 320”

You pouted. Jun was capable of grabbing those extra 60 points and you were just sitting there, dumbfounded. Perhaps you were starting to regret your decision about going to Gwangjo.

“I’ll just have to study extra hard and volunteer in the extra credit department” You added.

Jun rested his head on his hands and sighed. He knew that you wanted this badly but somewhere in his mind, he still saw you as a klutz… with good intentions of course.

“I guess I’ll tag along with you”

“W-what?” Your eyes grew wide. You flinched in excitement after hearing his words.


A month into the school year, you were able to settle in again and focus on your studies. In fact, your efforts were improving and positive feedback was practically being sprinkled all over you. You were currently in tutorial with your tutor, discussing the plans you wish to make for the future. (A/N: Tutorial is where you spend time with your tutor)

“_____, do you have any ideas about what you want to do?” Your tutor asked you.

“I want to do something media related but the University I want to go to requires 500 credit points”

Your tutor gave you advice about choosing carefully. You knew how tough it was going to be so you had to find other means of earning credit. You tutor suggested that you take some time out of your studies to do something that has never been done in the school before. Because this scheme was new, the tutor wanted to introduce this to the entire class.

After grabbing the attention of everyone, your tutor spoke “Okay, so this year you have to decide on whether you’re going to University or not. The school has recently introduced a new scheme whereby international students are being accepted into this school. To increase your credit points, you can volunteer with these students and help out with organising what they will be doing here. If you’re willing to volunteer, the duration of the program will be two months and you can earn 100 credit points providing you complete the program. If you are interested, sign your name on this sheet”

The end of tutorial approached and you stayed behind to put your name down. I guess I need those 100 points. Jun plonked himself behind you, looking over your shoulder.

“So you’re going to apply?” He asked. You lightly nodded and proceeded to scribble your details down. Once you had finished, Jun slipped the pen out of your hand and jotted down his own details.

“I didn’t think you were serious about applying”

“I guess the more points, the better” Jun stated.


This water feels so good. You had been in the shower for at least 20 minutes, savouring the warmth of the water droplets on your skin. You couldn’t help but think about what you were signing up for earlier. What were they going to ask you to do? Will it affect your time to study? And one more (not so important) thing, would you and Jun do it together?

Once you came out, you lay on your bed, rolling around and unsure of what to do. When all went quiet, you heard the door slightly open and a short figure was standing at the doorway.

“Kaiya, is something the matter?” Your little 10 year old sister walked towards your bed and stretched out her arms. Little tears started forming in her eyes as she mumbled some words.

“Why are you leaving _____?” You were in a slight state of confusion before you asked her.

“Kaiya, what do you mean?” You grabbed her in closer and squeezed her tightly, brushing the hair out of her face. “I’m not leaving” You assured her.

“But mother and father said that you will go to the city soon” She began sniffling.

“They’re fibbing so you don’t have to worry” You pulled faces at your little sister, making her giggle at you. That evening you spent time with Kaiya to make up for her little heartache earlier.


11:30am. You were waiting outside of student services. Today you got called in to discuss the application further. It wasn’t long before Jun accompanied you along with Jiu Lu.

“Jiu Lu! I didn’t expect to see you”

“I found Mr Seungjun here chatting up some girls so I had to force him to come here with me”

Jun tried to wriggle his way out by giving you his aegyo. Fortunately for him, it worked on you so the punishment he got was a light smack on the shoulder. The three of you giggled amongst each other until a member of staff came out.

“If you’re here for the international exchange program, please come in. There are a few other people here already so please bear with us while we sort things out”

“I’ll see you two later then” You waved Jiu Lu good bye and entered with Jun. It was pretty silent. To your surprise, there were only a bunch of guys sitting around. A group of guys you recognised from your classes and two others you had never come across. Wait. That’s the cold guy I bumped into earlier.  


Chapter two is up !

When I write this, it looks like so much more on Word... sorry if the chapters seem short OTL

Thanks for subscribing ! ^__^