Chapter 2

The end... or not?

“Are you Kim Sunggyu’s family?” “N-ne, why?” Woohyun was really pissed at someone calling him in the middle of the night but became fully awake upon hearing Sunggyu’s name. “He has been hospitalized, please come as soon as possible.” “WHAT?!” With that, Woohyun hung up the call and hurriedly took a cab to the hospital.

“Kim Sunggyu” “Room 201” “Thank you” Woohyun thanked the receptionist before sprinting towards the room. “Doctor, how is he?” “His fever had reached almost 40 degrees due to being drenched in the rain and he passed out. If he was sent here any later, he would have suffered a brain damage. His body is very weak now so he cannot get agitated.” “Alright, I will take good care of him.”

Woohyun stayed by Sunggyu’s side throughout the night. “Gyu ah… Why are you like that? What would happen to you if I really left you?” Woohyun frowned at that thought, taking Sunggyu’s cold hands into his warm ones and the older’s hair. His cheeks were stained with tears and his face was really pale.

Sunggyu woke up to someone caressing his cheeks. He was so familiar to his touch thathe knew who it was right away. “Go away,” he croaked, avoiding eye contact. “Gyu, I can ex-“ “Go away.” “Baby, I-“ “GET OUT!” he shouted as tears began flowing uncontrollably. All of a sudden, the sharp pain in his head appeared again and he shook his head vigorously, wanting the pain to go away. Woohyun panicked and called for the doctor immediately.

“Just leave him alone for now, he needs to calm down. Are you sure you’re not going to tell him?” Woohyun had called Sunggyu’s best friend, Dongwoo, to take care of Sunggyu until he has finished his business.

“Hyung, please help me take care of him for a week till I get everything done. Oh and please tell him not to misunderstand.”

“Gyu ah,” Dongwoo went into the room, “there’s nothing between them.” “How would you know?” It came out barely inaudible but just loud enough for Dongwoo to hear. “He said so.” “Yeah right, he told me that he loved me too.” “Trust me, he-“ “I don’t want to hear this anymore! I don’t want to, i don’t want to!” Sunggyu covered his ears, shaking his head and breaking out in tears like a little lost hamster. Dongwoo was heart broken seeing his best friend like that but knowing how stubborn Sunggyu was, he decided to just leave him alone for now.

Sunggyu stayed over at Dongwoo’s house for the next few days to avoid Woohyun but Dongwoo had to work and often returned late, usually after Sunggyu had fallen asleep. In the morning, Sunggyu’s eyes would always be red and puffy. As much as Dongwoo wanted to tell him, he couldn’t because Woohyun had threatened to spill his most embarrassing secret to Hoya if he did. All Dongwoo could do was to give a few comforting words and assure Sunggyu that Woohyun would come back, although it was of no help.

Sunggyu had survived the next few days in misery. He lied on the bed, reading through the past messages between him and Woohyun and looking at the pictures that they had taken together. Sometimes he’d stare at his phone for hours, waiting for a text or call that he knew would never come. “What did I do wrong? Maybe I was too naggy, maybe he wasn’t happy around me. Its all my fault.” he thought before drifting off to sleep, crying.

After a week of living in misery, it was Sunggyu’s birthday. He the necklace resting on his neck. The one Woohyun gave him on his birthday last year. It had an infinity symbol on it. “Our love is infinite.” He had said. Oh really? Is that what you tell everyone? Sunggyu questioned himself. He really didn’t know if they were still together as he hadn’t seen nor contacted Woohyun since that day. Maybe this was the end after all, five years meant nothing to him at all. He thought to himself bitterly.

“Gyu ah!” Dongwoo bounced into the room excitedly. “What?” “I have taken a day off to go out with you!” “No thanks dino." Sunggyu was not really in the mood to go out. “Hyung please, just this once! Its your birthday!” Dongwoo whined. “Oh alright,” Sunggyu gave in, not wanting to hurt his best friend’s feelings.

“W-what are we doing here?” Sunggyu choked out, looking at the frightening place where he had witnessed something that had broke his heart. “Don’t worry hyung!” While Sunggyu was not paying attention to him, Dongwoo quickly ran away in the other direction.

 

 

a/n: The next chapter would be the last one! :) Didn't reread the previous chapter and I just realised i there was so many typos. Thanks for the comments and suscribes! I'm really thankful <3 sorry if this fic is really lame and boring. Do comment! :)