What is Love

Holly's Gallery of Random Drabbles/One-shots

 

what is l o v e

Pairing: KaiSoo (Kai + D.O)

Genre: Romance 

Rating: All ages

Word Count: 302


 

Sometimes, love isn’t flashy or romantic. Sometimes, it isn’t filled with countless roses and diamond jewelry.

Sometimes, it’s just warmth.

 

“Jongin-ah, are you going to the basketball game tonight?” Sehun asked, walking with Jongin towards the gates of the university.

“Nah, I’m going home,” Jongin replied.

“Wow, isn’t that boring? A single good-looking bachelor like you should be partying on Friday nights, not going home,” Sehun teased, bumping his shoulder with Jongin’s.

Jongin merely laughed good-naturedly and shook his head, pulling out his mp3.

“Well, I’m off,” he said, waving to Sehun.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go?”

Jongin nodded with a smile and headed towards the bus stop.

 

 

“I’m home,” Jongin called, taking off his shoes at the doorway and dropping his backpack off at the doorway.

“Yah, Kim Jongin, don’t leave your stuff lying around!”

Jongin smiled as he heard the familiar voice float towards him from the kitchen. He closed his eyes and inhaled the spicy sour scent of kimchi spaghetti, before entering the kitchen.

“Hello to you too,” he murmured, wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo from the back.

“Hi, can you get the salt from the cupboard?” Kyungsoo replied, shooting Jongin a sweet smile before shuffling towards the cutting board and swiftly chopping up the onions.

Jongin laughed and reached for the salt on the top shelf, handing it to Kyungsoo and leaning in.

“Thanks,” Kyungsoo said, pecking Jongin on the lips swiftly.

“I love you,” Jongin murmured, sneaking his arm around Kyungsoo’s waist and pulling him close.

Kyungsoo smiled in reply and said, “I love you too. Now let go with me before the spaghetti burns.”

 

Sometimes, love is returning home to find someone waiting for you, with a fresh plate of kimchi spaghetti.

________________

A/N: Written while watching Reply 1997 and falling in love with Hoya (or Joonhee, lol). Crying 'cause of the large amounts of homework/tests tomorrow. My eyes are freakin' burning. I apologize for my unactiveness, lol.