Park Changmi

SuperHuman

The hotel Changmi was staying at was very nice, it everything a person could want, except decent channels. Changmi flopped back on her bed, bored out of her mind. It had been way to long since she had a job. Deciding to go out and look for one she grabbed her jacket and made her way over to the door.

  She opened the door and nearly ran into the people standing outside. Standing in her doorway was a woman and two overly muscular, heavily tattooed men.

  Changmi stood there gaping in shock, so the woman to the initiative “Park Changmi?” she asked

  Changmi stiffened at the use of her real name “Who’s asking?”

  The woman smiled “That is something better discussed in private… if you would come with us? We passed the Busan Police task force in the lobby..”

  Startled Changmi whipped around, she grabbed her sword off the table and stuffed it in her bag. “Where are you taking me?” she asked, still wary about the strange trio.

  “Away from here” was the only reply

  Changmi followed the woman and her associates down the hall to the elevator. “Shouldn’t we be taking the stairs?” she asked “It’s faster”

  The woman shook her head “No, the Police will be taking the stairs”

  “Oh”

  They rode the elevator down to the underground parking garage, stepping out the made a beeline for the black SUV parked a few feet away. Muscle man number 1 opened the back door for the two women, while muscle man number 2 got in the driver’s seat and started up the car.

  The woman motioned for Changmi to get in first, following her after she got in. With the two women in the car muscle man number 1 shut the door and got in the passenger seat.

  Changmi gripped the door handle as the car sped off. “You gonna tell me why you’re doing this?” she asked as the car squealed around a corner.

  “Yes” the woman said “If we hadn’t come when we did you would have been arrested, you would have gone to jail, is that what you want?”

  Changmi shook her head “No…”

  “I didn’t think so” the car lurched around another bend “I’m making you an offer, you can either come with us, or we can turn around and drop you off at the hotel, where the police will most definitely find you”

  Changmi snorted “Isn’t that a bit of a no-brainer?” she asked “With you obviously, I’m not going back to the cops”

  The woman smiled “Good choice”