CHAPTER FOUR

Welcome to the Family

Before I start anything, I would like to apologize because I wrote this chapter forever and a day ago and never got the courage to post it because because a) I was a little self-conscious about it and b) I can feel myself losing interest in it. Why? Mainly because I feel like I'm doing this for myself and myself only because either no one is reading (they prefer to read horrible stories in which the characters act like 14 years old girls apparently, you should see the amount of face palming I do when I read those) or they just don't comment. COMMENT PEOPLE! I know it takes a while for the love, drama and angst to come in but it'll come! I swear! So I'm pratically begging you to leave a comment. Who's your favourite character so far? What do you think will happen. I wanna knowww. 

Bold in this chapter is english because this chapter is pretty much Aron-centric. Italics are for thoughts and emphasis.

---

Chapter IV

 

6 h 30 pm

" What's with him? He's barely even speaking to us." Baekho fumed, his arms crossed over his broad chest.

The three members were all sitting in the living room and discussing their plans when suddenly JR had stormed out of the room he shared with Minhyun. Baekho had barely got a word in before the other boy had grabbed his shoes and stormed out of the house, slamming the door With such force that all the remaining boys jumped.

" Yeah, our leader is kind of a ." Aron agreed, grabbing a water bottle off the coffee table.

Ren shrugged, his eyes still fixed on the door, " I'm sure he'll warm up to us eventually."

" Oh yeah, says the guy who was ready to jump his throat earlier today." Baekho argued, earning a hard slap on his arm by their maknae. He yelped and pouted, rubbing the painful spot.

" But I was really pushing myself too hard! I bet he just isn't good at expressing himself."

" Suure, and when he told me to off yesterday he meant to say ' Please, Baekho let us be gentlemen and discuss this over tea.'." Aron choked on his water and started laughing along with Baekho. Ren rolled his eyes and huffed at their immature behaviors.

" So Ren," Baekho changed the topic after their laughter died down " Are you coming with us or not?"

" Absolutely not, you two are just asking for trouble and I want no part of it,"

" But we have to celebrate! " Baekho whined. "All we've been doing for the past few weeks is working."

" Do you have any idea what'll happen if you guys get caught?"

" We'll be back before the curfew," Aron interjected, " Besides, since I'm the oldest, I'll be watching over Baekho so you have absolutely nothing to worry about."

" That's exactly what worries me," Ren pinched the bridge of his nose " You two are a disaster waiting to happen."

Aron and Baekho just looked at eachother and shrugged with innocent looks on their faces.

They've been inseparable since Aron's first days as a trainee. The older boy's korean was pretty poor back then and he kept being made fun of by his groupmates. One day, Baekho had enough of watching it happen and defended him which made the teasing stop almost instantly. That day, they had lunch together and ever since then wherever Baekho or Aron went, you knew the other wasn't too far behind.

They were also both terribly efficient pranksters; Something that once led them to almost being kicked out by Pledis had they not been so talented. Ren learned that at his own expense when they switched the filling of his favourite american treats (Oreo's) with toothpaste the first week; they drew es with sharpies on Minhyun's face when he fell asleep on the couch after an exhausting practice and exchanged every single CD JR owned with copies of girly japanese idol groups.

Nope, Ren thought,  these two are up to no good and I want absolutely no part of it.

And he was absolutely right.

9 H 15 pm

" Baekho, give me that cup and get up. We are leaving." Aron could barely hear his own voice over the loud music that came out of the speakers in the room they were in.

Baekho was seated on the couch with a red plastic cup in hands and several girls were besides him. They were chatting excitedly as the girls tried to use their cutest aegyo on him, rubbing his biceps and giggling at every joke he made. Aron rolled his eyes and turned the blonde's face towards him, repeating his earlier statement. The girls ooh~ed and ahh~ed  at the two gorgeous boy's proximity and Aron couldn't help but notice the very absent look Baekho gave him.

Great, the older boy thought, he's ing wasted.

He pratically had to tear him away from the girls as Baekho made empty promises to call them. Aron gave his beer cup to some guy in the hallway and walked out the front door, Baekho in tow.

" What the hell, why do we have to go so soon!" Baekho's voice was loud as he stumbled over some some words.

Aron wondered how much the boy had to drink since they've only been there for an hour and a half.  Minhyun and Ren had both refused to come with them to a house party that was hosted by one of Baekho's friend. As soon as they had gotten there the girls had fanned over them, ing drinks after drinks into their hands. Aron was smart enough to know when to stop and kept track of time; He figured Baekho was as well.

He had been wrong.

He now had to transport a very drunk Baekho all the way back to their dorms which was thankfully only half an hour walk from there.

" We have to go back, we have practice tomorrow and you're drunk enough as it is." He explained as he grabbed Baekho's hand, trying to pull him away from the front lawn towards the sidewalk.

" Shut uup! I'm not that drunk," He was swaying a little on his feet, looking like he might lose his footing any seconds.

"Alright, how many fingers?" Aron held three fingers in front of Baekho's eyes.

" Uh, when did get four extra pair of hands?!"

"Oh my God."

As they walked back to their dorms, Aron had to keep his hand around Baekho's shoulder to keep him steady. The blonde leaned against him for support and despite himself, Aron's heartbeat quickened. He mentally slapped himself to keep his thoughts from going too far.

Now is really not the time, he thought but couldn't help the heat that came to his face when Baekho turned his head to talk to him and his hot breath brushed against his neck.

He's been feeling like this about his best friend for a while -  not that he wasn't used to feeling that way about other boys, but he simply ignored those feelings and chose to lock them inside somewhere - Ever since he met Baekho two years ago the younger boy's bright smile would always rub off on him, he would make him laugh and made him feel like he actually belonged somewhere. Something he hadn't felt in a while. He didn't want ruin that. That would be going down a road he travelled before. He knew where that led him, and while he was thankful for the opportunity to make it big in Korea, he always wondered how his life could've been now in Los Angeles.

It all happened because he had the guts to confess to a male classmate of  is three years ago. He could still remember the look of pure disgust on the boy's face when he rejected him codly, the mocking and the hits that came afterwards when that same classmate told the whole school about it the next day. The look his own father's face and how his mother had cried for hours when the principal the school had called to ask why he wasn't attending his classes. He had told them everything and right after blurting out ' i think i might be gay' to them his mother had slapped him across face, telling him that she never raised ' a ing '. The words still stung to his ears, much more than those of his classmates. How he wished he could take back that stupid day where he let his heart talk instead of his brain.

" Arooon! " Baekho's whine pulled him out of his reveries. As he looked around, he realized they must've taken a wrong left turn somewhere because they were now standing in front of what seemed like a small carnival complete with small thrills rides and a very tall ferris wheel; The place was crawling with people of all ages as they gathered around the stands or queuing He would've remembered if he passed in front it on his way here. He looked at his watch, hoping they might still have a chance of getting back on time.

9h40 pm

.

" Aronnie! I wanna ride that!" Baekho was tugging on his sleeve, seemingly completely unaware of the situation.

" Not now, I have to remember which way to go. Just. Stay put." He said as he turned his back on him, hoping he would remember which way their dorm was. It dawned on him that even though he's been living for three years in the city, he barely knew it. He spent the first year at his grandparent's house wallowing in his own self-pity and the next two busy as hell with his Pledis training.

He was still determined to find his way back.

" We'll just backtrack, simple as that," He said, making it sound like it was the greatest idea in the world while turning around towards his friend. " Hey Baek-"

Only, Baekho wasn't there anymore.

" ."

, his thoughts raced as he scanned the area around him He barely saw his blonde head and black tank top disappear in the dense carnival crowd in front him.

" Ren's going to kill me if we don't make it back on time !"

He raced  after him, hoping Baekho's inebriated state would keep him from going too far. He saw him disappear behind a popcorn stand and towards the ferris wheel.

How can he be that quick? He's drunk for God's sake!

What if he loses him in the crowd? What if Baekho does something extremely stupid and gets arrested? That would surely put a stop to their rookie debut.  His mind raced as he managed to get to a less crowded area, breaking into a full sprint.

He ran until he reached the ferris wheel, his aching legs from today's practice unable to take him any further. He had lost sight of him when he almost ran over a young girl with a balloon string in her hands, making her lose it. Aron had to apologize to the furious mother as the little girl cried and ran as soon as he could, but it was too late. He had completely lost Baekho.

He sighed and ran his hand through his brown hair, looking around. Just as he was about to give up and turn around, he suddenly spotted his friend in the queue to ride ferris wheel.

He jogged up to him, completely ignoring the cramps in his legs.

" Baekho!" He caught up to him and skipped in front of line where he was standing, almost tripping over a small fence as he jumped over it. " What do you think you're doing?!"

" I'm going to ride the ferris wheel," He held two tickets in front of him that he managed to get from God knows where and flashed him a bright smile. " And you're coming with me."

" Hell no, we're late it's..." he paused to check his watch. " Crap, it's 9 h 50 and you know very well I'm very uncomfortable around high structures."

" Come on! It'll be fun and I'll be there to hold you if it gets scary." Baekho wrapped a strong arm around him and guided him to the gate, handing their tickets

to the worker and leaving no choice to the older boy. As much as Aron wanted to like the idea of Baekho holding him, he didn't want to get on that ferris wheel. He imagined Baekho mocking him all the way back to their dorms and several days afterwards.

As they boarded the gondola, Aron regretted looking up and felt the blood leave his face when he realized just how high the ride was; He remembered riding one back in Los Angeles with his parents when he was ten  and cried like a two year old girl the whole time. His parents had laughed and told him he'd grow out it - something they seemed to love repeating him - and he never went to an amusement park again.

Baekho sat him down on one of the bench before taking a seat beside him, his arm never leaving his shoulder. Aron suddenly became very aware of their close proximity and tried to move away from him but Baekho wouldn't let him; he even thought he felt him tighten his grip.

He jumped when the ride attendant slammed the metal door close, remembering what they were sitting in in the first place. He heard someone say something unintelligble over the screech of speaker and his heartbeat quickened as the ride screeched into motion. He squeezed his eyes shut as he felt their gondola start to move, recalling the familliar feeling of fear in his guts.

" Ow. Aron, you're hurting me!" Aron realized that he's been digging his nails in Baekho's thigh instead of his own and removed his hand, mumbling a quick apology with his eyes still closed. He felt the other boy shift by his side and his bare shoulders suddenly felt very cold as Baekho's arm left them.

Aron felt as if his lungs and heart would collapse from the pressure of the ascension.

It's all in your head. It's all in your head.It's all in your head.

He kept repeating that sentence over and over again in his mind, filling his thoughts with happy land things.

A sandbox, a field, dinos-

He jumped when he felt a hand take his own to squeeze it reassuringly, remembering Baekho's presence.

" Here, you can squeeze my hand if you want to." He said softly, entertwining their fingers.

Aron's heart jumped, he wasn't sure if it was the ride's faults or Baekho's. The wheel suddenly stopped and Aron could feel the wind on his face, meaning they were now at the very top.

" Woah, it's so pretty! Look, Aron!" Baekho momentarily forgot about the older boy's fear as he stared at the city lights below. To his hazy mind, there seemed to be millions of them dancing all at once. He looked towards his friend and saw that Aron was still frozen in place with his eyes screwed shut. He leaned closer to him, suddenly drawn in by his friend.

" Open your eyes."

" N-No." Aron's voice was quivering a little, " This really isn't funny, Dongho."

At least he was still in the right set of mind to be pissed at him for bringing them here. Baekho brought his free hand up to his face and turned it towards him.

" Open your eyes," He repeated more firmly and Aron could feel his breath on his face. " I promise it's not as scary as you think."

" Right, for you it isn't." He muttered but slowky his eyes fluttered open. Their faces were still only inches apart but he could still see the smile on his bandmate's face.

He was expecting a lot of things; He was expecting Baekho to pull away any second and laugh at the look on his face  - maybe even make fun of his vertigo and call him a even if Aron ignored the correct korean term for it.

He certainly wasn't expecting Baekho to close the gap  between them and press his lips against Aron's as his hand moved to the base of his neck, holding him in place.

As Aron felt mind, body and soul explode into millions of tiny pieces; he totally forgot about the city below,  what the time it was, where he was and even what he promised himself he would never do again.

All he could think about was the boy in front of him.

10H01 pm

--

 

 

BAEKRON! A KISS! YOU LIKED IT! NOW COMMENT! I SWEAR I WON'T POST ANYTHING IF I DON'T GET ANYTHING IN RETURN -sticks tongue out-.