have you figured it out now?

Welcome to the Family

 This is turning into a very strange day, he thought as found his way up the glass staircase of the main lobby. He headed down the brightly lit corridor and finally arrived to the dance studio - an hallway with four rooms, each of them leading to a practice room with mirror walls. He opened the door that he was hearing loud voices from and noticed to his relief that that meeting itself seem to be starting late. The fourty trainees were cramped in the room as they chatted excitedly; most of them fully aware of the rumor. Some of them were convinced they had a shot while others where whining about never having a chance to stand out. The coaches and a few managers were trying to make them quiet down as Minhyun managed to find a spot near the wall that wasn't too crowded next to a boy with  blonde hair tied into small ponytail he didn't recognized. He actually mistook him for a girl at first - . He leaned against it and waited for them to finally shut up.

 A loud whistle suddenly drew everyone's attention and the room suddenly fell into silence. All eyes turned to a boy with blond hair styled into a small mohawk who shrugged innocently; earning a few laughs from his hyungs. A short man with glasses who seemed a little bit too nervous cleared his throat.

 " T-thank you, Dongho. As some of you have heard, there has been a rumor going around. " he seemed to make a dramatic pause for effect, earning some chuckles from the crowd " And I can assure you those rumors are funded. " The chuckles turned into frantic whispers.

" The group will consist of five members. Four of you are standing in this room right, now."

 Four? Minhyun looked around the room wondering if he heard it right. Weren't all of pledis artists supposed to be part of the trainee program before debuting? Was he part of another program? His eyes suddenly fell on someone who had used all the comotion the last statement made to sneak into the room and was now leaning against the doorframe.

Jonghyun.

Oh. Minhyun thought. Oh

All lot of things suddenly made perfect sense.

" And here, to demonstrate exactly what direction we want to take with this group, Is the first member and the leader of the group, JR !" The man said the last word in almost a shriek as he pointed to Jonghyun. All eyes fell in the room fell on him and Minhyun could feel his own guts clenching from the pressure that was on the boy's shoulder.

He slowly walked to the front of the room while never looking at his sudden audience. All managers had moved to the side to leave him space as he placed himself in the center. He scanned the room and Minhyun's breath caught in his throat when Jonghyun's eyes fell on him.

Ignoring the butterflies in his stomach, The trainee smiled gently and mouthed 'good luck' to the other boy. He could've sworn he saw the corner Jonghyun's lips twitch upward as the music started playing. It faded instantly when he started to dance

As soon as his  body started moving, everyone was instantly mesmerized by him. He wasn't just a great dancer, he was amazing. His movements were not only technical but very precise as well. His face had also completely changed attitude -  his eyes held determination and were burning with passion. It was as if the boy Minhyun had seen in bathroom was a completely different one. He couldn't help but be drawn into the performance just like the audience was - they were clapping and yelling everytime JR did something amazing.

 At the end of the song - which contained a mix of dubstep and hip hop music, Minhyun was one of the first to start clapping as Jonghyun recieved a standing ovation from every single trainee in the room. He bowed a little ungracefully as the managers and coaches moved to the center of the stage to congratulate him. His face was a little flushed. Minhyun wondered if it was from his dance or embarassement.

 After the crowd of trainees had once again calmed down. It was finally time to announce the remaining members, Minhyun held his breath and his pulse started thumping in his ears.

Don't get your hopes up, he thought, if they're looking for people as good as JR, you never stand a chance.

" From group B, Kwak Youngmin!"

A boy with brown hair that Minhyun recognized from various Pledis events stood up a little shakily while the boys cheered - as if he couldn't believe his ears. His friend - the blonde man that whistled earlier - hugged him tightly while laughing, obviously happy for him before pushing him towards the front. Youngmin made it around the boys while some of them chanted 'Aron! Aron! Aron!' before shaking their new manager's hand. He turned around to face the crowd, earning another round of applause. His friend was still on his feet, cheering louder than anyone.

" Well, the next one is already on his feet, it seems. " The manager joked, "Kang Dongho!"

The blonde boy suddenly stopped cheering as everyone around him gave them pats on the back and congratulations. He was pushed to the front and Youngmin was the first to jump in his arms, stoked to be in the same group as his friend. The manager tried to congratulate him formally was instead pulled into Dongho's arms as he momentarily forgot his manners.

" The third member," He looked around room before frowning at his pad and muttering, "He doesn't seem to be here...Choi Minki? Is Choi Minki here?"

 Minhyun's eyes searched around for the quiet brunette that was part of his group; not realizing that blonde boy beside him slowly was slowly raising his hand ; saying the word yes in almost a whisper. All heads turned toward him and as he kept his head down, a small blush creeping to his cheeks - even Minhyun was sort of gaping staring at him.

Choi Minki. The boy looked nothing like he did when they went on a break last month. The now blonde was standing out more than ever with his newly died hair and painted nails. Minhyun knew he deserved this. While he didn't talk much to the other boy's, everyone knew he had a lot of talent in singing and dancing despite his young age.

The students were still whispering in disbelief when Minki made it to the front of the stage and bowed to his new manager. The man did a double take when he finally recognized him but seemed very happy with the boy's new girlish look. Minhyun thought he saw dollar signs in his eyes when he eyed him up and down. That kind of disgusted him. That poor boy was obviously embarassed by all the attention.

Minhyun didn't realized that the room was now silent to announce the very last member.

" Last but not least, Hwang Minhyun!"

At first, Minhyun thought he had heard wrong. It simply couldn't be him. He abandonned that idea when Dongho - who was one of the best young singers he had ever heard- had been chosen. It simply could not be him. Maybe there's a Hwang Minhyun in the other group, he thought.

Minhyun suddenly realized that everyone was cheering while looking straight at him. Maybe there's a mistake and they'll realized it soon, he once again tried to convince himself.

" What are you waiting for?" A boy next to him pushed him towards the front and Minhyun's brain slowly managed to make his shaky legs start working again as he took slow steps towards the front. His mind still completely blank when he reached the front of the room. He shook hands with the manager then all the remaining members - except JR who seemed just as shocked as he was to see him there. Minhyun wanted to congratulate him but bit his tongue when JR shot him sharp "if you say anything" look.

It wasn't until all the trainees had left the room after a few words from the manager that Minhyun snapped back to senses.

" You okay?" It was Youngmin - Or Aron since he told everyone to call him that.

Minhyun jumped and turned towards his new bandmate. Aron laughed, one hand covering his mouth. " Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Minhyun noticed his foreign accent for the first time.

" It's fine, I just kind of feel like I'll pinch myself any minute now and wake up from the weirdest dream of my life." He admitted, glancing towards their new manager - who introduced himself as manager Kim - who was busy explaining with animation the vision he had for the band to Dongho (Who told everyone to call him Baekho.  "Uee-sunbaenim gave it to me!" He had proudly exclaimed when questioned about it) and Minki (Who also said he wanted to be known as Ren without giving any explanation to it. " Mysterious, Good Good." The manager had scribbled down on his pad.) They both were trying their hardest not to laugh at his frantic behavior as he flailed his arms making while a lot more sounds than actual words. 

A sharp pain to his arm brought his attention back to Aron.

" What was that for?" He hissed at him, rubbing the spot where the older boy had pinched him.

" Sorry," He smiled sheepishly " I just couldn't help myself."

Minhyun's eyes narrowed at him but the playful smirk on his lips was a quick giveaway that he wasn't really mad. " Really? Let's see if you're not dreaming, then."

He lunged at him trying to pinch him in various places while Aron tried to bat his hands away; letting out high pitched squeals and laughs.

" Hey, I'm your hyung! You should respect me!" He managed to get in between laughs.

" You two seem to be getting along fine, I see." The manager interrupted their playfight as he marched towards them with Baekho and Ren in tow. Minhyun immediately noticed how Aron's whole face seemed to light up at the sight of his friend.

" Where's JR?" Baekho inquired, looking around the mirrored room like JR was hiding somewhere. In his excitement, Minhyun had completely forgotten their new leader who seemed to have completely vanished after the members announcement. The manager cleared his throat, visibly embarassed.

" Maybe he's so eager, he went ahead to pack his bags?" Ren offered as a plausible explanation while he twisted the hem of his white shirt. Minhyun frowned.

Pack his bags? What does he mean by that?

"Ah." Manager Kim accepted his theory with a sound that sounded more like a squeak than anything else. For some reason, he seemed terrified of their leader and Minhyun thought it was ridiculous.

" Well, I suggest you all go and do the same." He continued.

" What? Why?" Everyone's eyes turned to Minhyun and Baekho chuckled at his shocked expression.

" Minhyun-ah, weren't you listening? As of tomorrow, we'll all be living in the dorms together!"

Minhyun blinked. Once. Twice.

" What?!"

---

 

I never write cliffhangers but when I do....they kinda .

HEY,YOU! READING THIS FIC! LEAVE A COMMENT! I FEED OFF THEM!

Btw, this chapter is kinda boring but you get introduced to all the main characters so I had to writ however painful it is.