01

Words.

 

"Hmm," You breathed out as you fought a shiver which attempted to travel down your spine… You continued walking as he trailed beside you and entwined his pinky with yours.

Weird Yixing, he can’t even hold my hand….

You silently thought to yourself- feeling slightly disappointed. But with the simple act like this, you still felt your face heat up.

Blame the teenage hormones!!!

You were strolling on a small hill with your boyfriend, Zhang Yixing, better known as 'Lay the unicorn'- casually and leniently without worrying about anything on a chilly Saturday dawn. Yes, dawn. Ever since he’s been an artist and cameras started following him everywhere, you can barely see each other. Well you see him on different TV programs... Having fun and stuff. But behind that smile, you can see fatigue and drowsiness.

This was one of the happy days where he threw pebbles on your window- three in the morning waiting for you to wake up to take a walk with him. You slipped in a pair of comfortable jogging pants and put on a jacket matching his all-black outfit plus the hood.

You continued walking side by side in silence....

It might not be enough, but having him as a boyfriend is something more than you deserve.

Matching your steps with his pace, it took you a long time to reach the top of the hill. Panting a bit when you finally got to the tip, you smile bashfully looking at the wonderful view. The sea water glittering against the limited light- the birds, waking up, chirping and biding their eggs goodbye as they take off to find food- the trees, stretching, groaning and ruffling its branches in the process- the wind singing a magical song, and the presence next to you who was like a manga character which stepped out right from his book.

“Yeppeojji? Hmm?” He tugged your pinky which made you look at him.

Wrong move.

His face were only inches apart from yours as he was eyeing you.

Feeling star struck you nodded and looked back at the blue-violet sky.

Blue-berry and cream.

The purple horizon stretching faaaaaar to where your eyes could no longer travel, the white clouds which floated like cotton and the orange rays which was one-by-one striking out of the Earth’s crust.

Perfect.

“Oppa.” You called out softly, your eyes not leaving the perfect picture in front of you.

“Hmm?” He replied as you felt his breath on your cheeks and his gaze on your face

“Do you love me?” You asked him honestly and finally got the courage to gaze back at him.

 

 

 

 

He just smiled, giving away his dimple on his right cheek.

Is it really that hard to say?

Once again feeling disappointed, you looked down and felt tears welling up your eyes.

“You’re too much…” You finally let out after choking back sobs.

He just stood there in front of you.

“Too much…” You mutter while sniffing.

 

-------------------------

 

“Oppa…” Her voice coined in my head, that soft angelic voice.

“Hmm?” I hummed while still looking at her side profile.

Yes, the view that awaits us was beautiful, but this girl beside me is enchanting.

“Do you love me?” She asked, sincerity prominent in her voice.

She looked up at me as I stare through her eyes and gave her my best smile.

Of course I do.

She then looked down and her breathing got uneven…

Why don’t I know words of love?
They’re stuck at my throat bothering me…

“You’re too much,” She sighed out.

I’m sorry.

“Too much…” She said and sniffed.

I then placed my hands on her shoulders and pulled her to a hug.

“Is it really that important?? Saying it is an understatement….” I breathed out as she sobbed against my chest.

“But- you- still have to tell me that—since—I can’t be with you always… And—” She sobbed harder, her words muffled because of me.

“Shhh~” I shushed her and her hair slowly….

“Trust me… Okay? Trust me…” I said honestly.

“But…”

“Hey, look. I’m only looking at you…” I whispered near her ear as she stopped crying.

“Even if I act like I don’t care… Believe me; I do care about you more than anyone else…”

Then I felt her hands hugging me back…

“Being with someone as blunt as me…. You must really be tired…”

She then shook her head sideways.

Her silliness made me smile.

“I promise you one thing though,” I gently push her away from me as I bent down to match my height with hers…

“I’ll do better than anyone else.” I said genuinely.

“But- why don’t you say it?” She looked down and played with the hem of her shirt.

“If I say it again and again, eventually, those words will lose their meaning…”

She stayed silent and kept her head low…

 “Do I really have to say it? Is my heart not enough?” I searched for her eyes with mine...

“Can’t you just say it for me right now?” She looked with hope-filled voice...

 

 

“Those are just words…. Showing love is better… Babo.”

 

 

 

The fireworks inside us exploded brighter than the sun which was about to rise.

----------

FIN.

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!
Comments are loved!

, K