Chapter 1

What Lies Beneath

The yellow-haired goddess woke up from her slumber. She turned to her side, 7:00 am, it says in the clock.

"Oh, sh*t!"

----------

"Jessica! What's taking you so long? We're gonna be late!" called out a guy outside Jessica's room.

"Coming!" she replied. The door opened, and revealed the blonde in a uniform. "How is it, Donghae?" she took a spun, to show her outfit.

"Looks good on you. Now, come one, slowpoke" he teasingly poked her forehead before running away, laughing.

"Hey!"

----------

They walked together along the sidewalk.

"Our first time in an actual school and we're late. All thanks to you, princess" Donghae commented.

"It wasn't my fault I woke up late. Besides, you could have come into my room anytime and wake me up, smart *ss"

"Tch. And risk getting myself kicked by you? No way"

"And you call yourself a man-" something she saw made her stop and wide-eyed "Hae, you go ahead" the school's just right ahead. But what could it be that made Jessica stop? Up until now, she hasn't taken her eyes off of 'it'. Donghae sensed something's weird. But knows when to push through or not. He decided it's the latter.

"Okay, see you at school Sica" he waved his goodbye as he ran away. Jessica also did to that 'something'. She entered an alley, where a group of girls is ganging up on another girl. They are in the same school uniform as Jessica.

"Come on, new kid. Take out your wallet and share it" and it was followed by comments of approval from her back ups. But the girl they're bullying stayed silent and looks like about to cry. "What? Going to call for your mama now?" series of laughter erupted from them. That they didn't notice Jessica sneaking up on them and is ready to smack them with a wood.

"Who's going to call for mama now?" she said. They all turned to her and ran away, except for the girl being ganged up. Jessica threw the wood away and approached her. She patted her head for comfort "It's okay now, Tiffany. They're gone"

She looked up once she heard her name with a shocked expression on her face "How did you-"

"It doesn't matter" she picked up a bag, possibly Tiffany's, and dusted it off "Here you go. Next time be more careful" she turned around, about to leave.

"Thank you..."

"Jessica. My name's Jessica"

"Thank you... Jessica" with a nod, she left.

----------

"Hmm... I wonder what happened to that Sica" Donghae said exactly to no one as he walked the school corridor "Doesn't matter. Class is just starting in ten minutes. And she can take care of herself" he kept on talking to himself, that he didn't notice he's going to bump into someone.

*THUGS*

Donghae, being strong physically, didn't fall. But the other guy's belongings, which are mostly books, are now scattered on the ground.

"Eek! Sorry! Let me help you with that!" Donghae is quick to move and picked it all up, with a few help from the other guy.

They got to their feet "No. It was my fault. Sorry" he received the book from Hae.

"Hehe. I'm telling you it's my fault"

"Then fine. It is yours. Haha" before they knew it, they are now walking together "New student?"

"Y-yeah. You?"

"The same. Lee Eunhyuk" he stopped walking and faced him to have a handshake.

"Donghae" he got the hand being offered to him. And for some reason, both of them remained there, standing. The smile on their faces vanished, but for different reasons.

"Lee Donghae? Who was raised in an orphanage?"

"H-how did you know that?"

"Donghae, it's me! Hyukkie!" without thinking, he wrapped the other man around his arms. Tears starting to form from their eyes.

"Hyu...kkie...? Is that... really you?" he returned the hug. He buried his face on Eunhyuk's neck as he cry is heart out.

"Yes, Hae. It's been so long..." Donghae broke the hug, and grabbed his shoulders.

"Explain yourself, Hyukkie! What happened and why did you leave?!"

"Donghae?" before he could actually explain himself, Jessica entered the picture and asked "Did you just say... Hyukkie?"

"Sica?" Eunhyuk excitedly asked. Like how he did earlier, he also hugged his old friend "You're right! I'm Hyukkie!" Donghae rolled his eyes. He did not like it that someone interrupted them.

"Hyukkie?! Oh my god. It's really you, Hyukkie!"

*Ring*

"We need to go to class" Donghae dashed off, pulling Eunhyuk along him. He did not even know if they're in the same class. But he just pulled. Jessica followed.

----------

They found a place and are already seated in a row. Eunhyuk is between Donghae and Jessica. They want to bombard him with questions but the teacher is there already.

"Okay class. This school year we have many new students. And we'll start by introducing this person" he turned outside the door "Please come in" a girl entered. The same girl this morning that Jessica saved. But since she's busy sleeping on her desk, she didn't see. While Donghae is thinking about many things about Eunhyuk and is staring at him, Eunhyuk is scribbling on his notes "Go ahead. Introduce yourself"

"U-uhmm... I just transferred here from America. But please don't hesitate in making friends with me. My name's Tiffany Hwang, nice to meet you" and bow.

But when the name Tiffany Hwang rang through their ears, Eunhyuk and Jessica shot up "Tiffany Hwang..."