New Beginning

Can't Look Back

SMACK. I fell to the floor. "Quit being a little brat and act your age." Mom said. "Oh I'm the one not acting my age? What about you? Abusing your own daughter!" I said with my hand on my cheek. "Who do you think you are? Talking to your mother that way?!" "You're not my mom anymore. Ever since Dad died, you've been drinking too much and I can't take it anymore!!" with that I ran out of the house towards the park. I sat there on the swing set, crying. This was a daily thing. My mom hits me, I run away, and then I end up comming back 'home'. It was true though. Five years ago, my dad died of cancer and my mom became so stressful she started to drink. She started to become abusive and I didn't bother to tell the police. Only because I thought I can endure it. My dad went through so much pain and I thought this was nothing compared to it. But I was wrong. My mom became more abusive and what made it worse was that it started to happen almost every week. Bruses started to form on my arms. Since it was getting dark, I walked back. Anywhere would be better than going back to that hell house, but unfortunately, I had no friends that would take me in. When I got home, Mom was already sleeping. I ran up to my room quietly. After thinking about it, I decided to run away. To Seoul. I took out a backpack and packed what I needed. Five outfits, extra pair of shoes, hairbrush, toothbrush, ect. After packing my things, I took a picture of me and my dad from a photo frame and left for the bus stop. The bus arrived and I managed to get on without my mom knowing. I slowly drifted off to sleep and when I woke up, I was in Seoul. I got off the bus and walked around. After a couple of hours of walking around, I bumped into a tall guy with blue hair. "Mihanae" I apologized and bowed. "It's okay. My name is Zelo. What's yours?" he asked. "_______. Zelo? What an unusual name." I said. "My real name is Choi Junhong." he said. After analyzing me, he noticed I had a backpack on and asked "Why are you carrying around a backpack? Are you running away or something?" joking about the last part. "Actually, yea I am." I said looking down at my shoes. "Oh... do you have anywhere to stay? he asked kind of in a happy way. "Uhmm actually I don't. I was lo--" "Great you can stay with me and my hyungs!" he cheered. "Hyungs? Uhmm i don't know won't it be weird since I'm the only girl?" I asked. "Nope. So it's settled. You can stay with me!" he said. "Uhmm okay I guess..." I said hesitating. I can't really complain plus he might be the only one who would actually take me in. When we arrived at Zelo's place, I was welcomed to five other guys. "Who's this? Your girlfriend?" the one with a really deep voice asked. "Hyuuung. Stop with all of that. This is _______. She has no where to stay and I was wondering if she can stay with us? Pweeaase." Zelo pouted. "Fine. Guys introduce yourselves!!" the one with the deep voice yelled to the other guys. "Hi, I'm Himchan. And I think you should stay with me in my room." the one with the black hair said putting an arm around my shoulder. "Hey there, I'm Yong Guk. Don't mind him, hes a ." the one with the deep voice said. Then he pulled Himchan away dragging him by the back of his shirt. "Hello. My name is Youngjae and I'm the brains of this group." the blonde one said with a smile. "And I'm Jongup! The best dancer in this group." the one with brown hair said. "And this is Daehyun. He doesn't talk much and he's like a ninja. He pops up during the randomest times." Youngjae said pointing over to a mysterious looking guy wearing a mask. "Why is he wearing a mask?" I asked. "Cause he's shy around new people. When he trusts you, he'll take it off eventually." Jongup answered. After being introduced to everyone, Zelo took me to the room I'm going to be staying in. It took me a while to settle in since the room was huge. I looked at the clock '11:37pm' it was getting late so I took a quick shower and went to bed. "Well today was 'fun'." I thought to myself and slowly drifted off to sleep.