I'll Protect You

Broken

I sit at home, working on homework. There is and odd silence in the house, my parents, who couldn't care less about my bruises, are downstairs. I sigh and finish my math homework. I throw it into my folder and lean back in m chair, exhausted. 

Then, my cell phone starts ringing. I grab it and look to see who it is. Kikwang. 

"Hello?" I answer, picking up my phone.

"Taeyeon. Come over to my house, NOW!" he demands. I look at the time. It's around 5 o'clock.

"Mianhae, but I have to go somewhere with my family." I lie, not wanting to go over there and get beat up.

"I can come with you." he offers, but I know his real plan. He's not that hard to read.

"Oh no, it's fine." I laugh, scared, hoping he'll just back off.

"IF I CAN'T COME," he yells into the phone. "THEN YOU COME HERE NOW!" he hangs up. I sigh, guess I'm going to Kikwang's house instead. I search through my contacts and press call next to Yoseob's number.

"Yoseob." I say when he picks up the phone.

"Taeyeon!" he sounds happy to hear me. "Are you okay?" 

"Y-yeah." I stammer. "Anyway, if I'm not at school tomorrow, please don't worry. Bye." I hang up and put my phone into my pocket and leave the house.

 

Yoseob puts the phone down and runs out the door. 

"Taeyeon..." he gasps, knowing that you're going to Kikwang's house and that things aren't going to end well. He hopes that he can get to our house before you leave.

He knocks hard on the door yelling "Taeyeon!". No one answers and he know you're already gone. But there is one problem, Kikwang moved a while back, so now, Yoseob doesn't know where he lives. He dials our number but it just goes to the answering machine.

"Taeyeon, turn your phone on!" he yells and starts running, not knowing where he was going, all he knows was that he needs to find you, and quick.

 

I am walking toward Kikwang's house, my eyes getting misty. Just thinking about the fact that my "beloved" boyfriend will beat me up again, it hurts. Not just physical pain, but pain in my heart.

I look at the house in front on me. It's a big house, really nice actually, but I can't care about  that now. I walk up to the steps and knock softly, your hands shaking.

How could someone make me so scared that when I go to their house I cry and is shaking? Well, if they beat me up everyday, then, yeah, I guess.

He opens the door and glares at me.

"Taeyeon." he growls. I look down at my feet. "You're so slow." he scoffs. I sigh, feeling a tear run down my eyes. "And to think you have the nerve to lie to me about going somewhere because you don't want to see me!" he yells and slaps me. I gasp, tears creating a river down my face.

He pushes me and I fall hard on the ground.

"Don't be a baby." he rolls his eyes. Then leaves. I wipe my tears, hoping that no one will see me here. But, the tears don't stop.

"Taeyeon?!" I hear a voice and turn to see Yoseob. I smile weakly. I feel faint and I think I might go out. He runs up to me, picking me up bridal style.

"Yoseob." I cough. 

"Taeyeon," he looks down at me. "I will protect you, don't worry." he smiles. I try to smile back but then I black out.

 

Yoseob hurries back to his house and lays you on his couch. He looks at our red face.

"You'd be so much prettier if you didn't have brusies all over our pretty face." Yoseob pulls a loose strand of hair back behind our ear. "And remember, Taeyeon, whatever happens, I'll be there for you."