Yoseob's Doubt

Broken

I just kept staring at the boy in front of me. He was so cute. I had a crush on him. Believe me, any girl in her right mind would have a crush on him. His name?

Lee Kikwang. The cutest boy in the school.

Right at the moment, the teacher was explaining something, but all i heard was my heart beating. Just looking at him made my heart beat fast. I smiled dreamily.

"Kikwang..." I whispered happily. Then  he turned around, making me fall back on my chair, into the desk behind me. "Ow." I groaned. He jumped up.

"Omo! Are you okay, Taeyeon?" he asked me. I gasped, he knew my name!

"Neh..." I laughed, putting my hand on the back of my head. When I pulled it away, it was covered in blood. I yelled in shock.

"Here, let me take you to the nurse." he held out his hand. I took it and he pulled me up. I smiled as we walked to the nurse together. 


2 Days Later...

I looked in his eyes and smiled. The boy whom I've had a crush on for a long time, just asked me out. I was so happy. He was perfect. Nothing, no one was better than him. 

I hugged him tight, he hugged me back and kissed my head. I smiled, overjoyed. 

"Kikwang?" I looked up at him. He looked at me, "Yes?"

"Will we be together always?" I asked, my innocent youth making me stupid.

"Of course, Taeyeon." he beamed and let go of me. He ruffled my hair and laughed. "You're so cute." he paused for a second. "I was always so nervous to talk to you." he laughed. "But I'm glad I did." I hugged him again.

"I love you..." 

Those words were my most regretted I've ever said...


I look at the large school as it became closer and closer. I sigh, another long day at school. Another day of hiding my scars and bruises from my friend Yoseob. He'll get really mad if he finds out that Kikwang beat me up again.

My boyfriend, Kikwang, who I thought was so amazing, was really horrible. I don't know why he just changed one day, but he did.

I see Yoseob running up to me, yelling my name and waving. I wave back but make sure my sweater covers my bruised arms, hoping he wouldn't see.

He catches up to me and hugs me. I let out a little squeak in pain. He looks at me.

"Are you okay?" he pulls away and examines me. I nod.

"Oh yeah, just slipped in the shower again." I lie. He looks at me but doesn't ask anything else.

We walk into school together. While, I'm putting my books away, Yoseob starts talking.

"So, Taeyeon, how are you?" he asks. I sigh, well, considering that my boyfriend beats me up everyday, not very well. 

"Okay, I guess." I nod, closing my locker.

"That's good." Yoseob says, knowing that I was lying. Then the bell rings and we hurry of to class, saying good-bye to each other. 


After class, it was lunch time. I always hated lunch, but I hate almost everything now. I go to my table I usually sit at with Yoseob. And there he is, already waiting there. 

"Hey, Taeyeon." he waves and I wave back to him. I sit down, not bringing anything to eat or planning on buying anything. 

I then see Kikwang coming to the table. Uh oh. I gasp.

"Go away!" he yells at Yoseob who does nothing, just looks at him like really?

"Nope." Yoseob talks back.

"I said GO THE HELL AWAY!" Kikwang spat at him. I looked at Yoseob, letting him know he should leave. Yoseob stands up, gives Kikwang a glare, and leaves.

"Yes, Kikwang?" I ask. No, I don't call him oppa, he doesn't deserve it. 

"You and that idiot have been hanging out far too much!" he yells at me, talking about Yoseob. I say nothing, not wanting to have anything to do with this. "I know you're cheating on me!" 

Woah, hold on there, Mr! I highly doubt that. We're just friends! I sigh and nod, not dare saying what I think. Then I feel a hard, cold hand on my cheek. A horrible pain stings in my cheek and I grab my face, wincing in pain.

Then he walks away, mad. I want to cry so bad, but I can't, not in front of all these people. 

 

Hyunseung, who is sitting at the end of the table looks at you, sitting there, about to cry. He heard all of it and he isn't about to let that boy hurt you anymore.

Yoseob cannot contain how mad he his. How dare Kikwang just tell him to leave then hit Taeyeon?! That is the last straw for him.

Then someone walks up to Yoseob, her hair bouncing. 

"Oppa~!" she sings. Yoseob turns around quickly, then he sighs when he sees who it is. Tiffany.

"Neh?" Yoseob looks at her, annoyed.

"Will you come to the movies with me tonight~?" she asks, providing aegyo. Yoseob looks at her, disgusted.

"No." he states and rolls his eyes, showing that he has no interest in her. She gasps, flips her hair, and storms off as if it was the end of the world.


Right now, I'm walking home with Yoseob. He was rambling on about his class or something, I was being silent. I was too upset to even care. Then he pauses, I look at him.

"What?" I ask. He sighs.

"Taeyeon." he puts his hand on my shoulder, stopping me. "Take your sweater off." he gestures to my sweater I'm wearing. 

"No." I state, not wanting him to see my bruises. Then he pulls my sweater off, revealing my bruises. I look at the ground. 

"Are they from Kikwang?" he asks, very concerned. 

"No, I fell yesterday, like I said. I'm fine." I lie. He sighs, not believing me at all.

"I saw Kikwang hit you at lunch." he looks at me. I start walking again. He runs to catch up with me. "Taeyeon."

"Yes?" I growl, starting to get annoyed.

"You should break up with Kikwang. I'll protect you." he smiles at me. I can't break up with Kikwang, he'll kill me. I just nod and run home, avoiding any other questions.

Yoseob sighs for the millionth time today. He knows you are lying about that Kikwang thing, he's always known.

===

Hey chingus! I added a few things to this chapter. We can thank my co-author, Mai_Chan for the ideas. Anyway, enjoy~!