Thanks

Broken

Chapter 3: Thanks

 

I wake up to the sound of birds singing outside and a beam of light on my face. I roll over, trying to get it out of my face, but instead, fall out of the bed, or at least I think it is a bed. I stand up, examining my surroundings.

Then something hits me. This is not my house.

"Oh my god." I gasp. Have I been kidnapped? Where am I? This is horrible. "OH NO!" I yell and start running around, looking at the place.

It's actually nice. But... never mind that. I'm being kidnapped right here and now!

"HELP! ANYONE!" I scream, crashing into a table and falling hard on the floor with an unf.

"Taeyeon." I hear someone say. I rub my head and look up. Yoseob! Oh my savior!

"Oh, Yoseob!" I gasp and jump into his arms. 

"What are you doing?" he asks, a small smile appearing on his face.

"I'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED!" I explain loudly. He bursts out laughing, letting go of me and clutching his stomach. "What?" I ask, confused.

"No... silly." he says within breaths. He pauses. "You went unconscious yesterday. I brought you to my house." he smiles. I look at him. Really? Unconscious? 

I don't remember a thing about yesterday. That's unusual. 

"How?" I ask.

"Well, you went unconscious after Kikwang beat you up, so I found you and brought you to my house." he nods. I look at my arms. More bruises. Also, my cheeks burn a bit, too. This .

"Okay, well, that makes sense." I sigh, sitting on the couch. Then I stand up. "I should get to school." I gasp, totally forgetting today was Wednesday. Yoseob shakes his head.

"Nope. Don't go. It's too late now." he smiles. "Have breakfast... or brunch with me." he corrects himself looking at the clock. 11:21. I mean I could go in late, but Seobbie is right. I better wait.

Then I shake my head. I don't want to intrude. He didn't invite me and I can't just come over here like I live here.

"I better get back home. Thanks anyway." I bow and is about to leave.

"No. Brunch~?" he looks up at me, a cute pout on his face, his hands in fists on his cheeks. Damn Yoseob and his aegyo. Who could say no to that?

"Fine." I groan and sit at the island in the kitchen connecting to the living room.

"AWESOME!" he pumps his fists. Believe it or not, aegyo is a rare thing for Seobbie.

---

After brunch, we collapse on the couch, full and lazy.

"Want to watch a variety show?" Yoseob flips through the channels on the TV. I nod, "That'll be good."

"Okay." he nods and leaves it on one channel that is playing an new episode of "Hello Baby" with B1A4.

I laugh at the funny antics of the idol dads and their adorable babies.

"Aw~!" I giggle when Eunsol gives a cute laugh and the boys fall over from the adorableness. 

 

Yoseob looks at you while your watching TV. He smiles when you start laughing, the sweet sound ringing through his ear. He scowls at all the bruises on your arm.

Kikwang, you are such a jerk. I'll get you. He threatens Kikwang in his thoughts. Then something just comes over Yoseob. He leans in toward you, then stops.

Even if I hate Kikwang, I can't kiss Taeyeon. It's just not right. He sighs. You look over at him.

"Yoseob?" you gasp when you realize his close he is. "What are you doing?" he laughs awkwardly.

"You, um, have something in your hair." he laughs and pretends to get something out. "There, all gone." he smiles then turns back to the TV. You shrug and keep watching.

Taeyeon, why can't you realize the one that really loves you is right in front of your eyes?

---

The sun is shining. The birds are singing. Everything is perfect. There is nothing strange going on. Nothing new.

Just perfect...

Ha! You wish. Nothing is perfect in my life. How could it be. The only thing that is nice is Yoseob. By the way, where is he?

He's not in his usual spot waiting for me... I wonder.

Instead, someone else walks up to me. He looks familiar but I can't say who he is. He appraoches me. I don't move, still trying to figure out who the hell he is.

Now he's standing right in front on me.

"Taeyeon," he says. Well, he knows me. "Do you know who I am?" he asks. Red hair, seen you around.

"Nope." I sigh.

"Okay," he looks upset. Well, sorry. But I can't know everyone in  this school. "I'm Hyunseung." he nods.

"Taeyeon." I smile and bow. Then I feel stupid because I know he already knows me.

"I know." had to make it worse didn't you Hyunseung? We wave good-bye then go our seperate ways.

When I make it to my class, I am greeted by a group of girls blocking my way. I sigh, do I really have to deal with this?

"Excuse me." I say and try to push my way through.

"Yeah." the frst one says. "Excuse you."

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Don't talk to Hyunseung oppa EVER again." they hiss and storm off. I shake my head. Crazy girls who obsess over their class mates. I walk into class, trying to forget those girls.

---

Where is he? He's supposed to get me and take me to lunch. Seriuosly? YOSEOB?! I shake my head and start walking to the cafeteria.

"Taeyeon!" oh, so there he is now. I turn and wave at him, running up to him. "C'mon." he smiles and pulls me away from the cafeteria.

"Seobbie, where are we going?" I ask, by mistake calling him by my secret nickname for him. He laughs. 

"Outside, for a peaceful, Kikwang-free lunch." he smiles. "For a limited time only." I giggle at his silliness. "Let's go." He takes me outside and we sit down under a tall tree, eating our food.

I watch him eat and smile.

Thanks Yoseob. You may not know it, but I am truly greatful for our friendship.