I didn't lie, I don't like her

When I First Met You

 

Kwangmin’s P.O.V.

                Today sitting at the lunch table, Youngmin and Joey weren’t there today. Mikyong seemed kind of antsy today and it’s probably about those two who are most likely in the randomest quiet place just making out. Does it make me jealous? Yes it does. Big time, but I have to be happy for Joey and my hyung. I really wish she picked me though… Miks didn’t seem to be eating her lunch today and Guinea Pig Hyunseong ate it for her. Knowing Miks, she isn’t a breakfast person so that’d mean she hasn’t eaten for a while. Not eating gets her grumpy without her even noticing. I got a little bit concerned so while calling her name I stumbled a bit and called her “Mikana”. I didn’t mean to but whatever. I’ll just call her that now to make it seem like I meant to do that. But then the Sistar nunas started to tease and I knew what they were thinking. I didn’t want them getting the wrong idea because I like Joey not Miks. Then when she was storming away because she seemed annoyed of us today, I accidentally called her my sister-in-law. Oops, it’s not like I meant to because that’d mean that the 4D me would need to do some explaining. It’s just that lately I’ve been joking around with myself saying how Mikyong and hyung will get married in the future and stuff. Anyways, I just let her go and went to get ready for class avoiding any questions shot towards me. As I’m walking to class, a girl walks into me. I have a thing for bumping into people right? This girl so happened to be Miks who was now on the ground and crying too. Oh my gosh, did I hit her that hard? I gave her my hand and helped her up hoping that I didn’t hurt her too badly. “I am so sorry Mikana! Are you okay? Did I hurt you badly? Please don’t cry!” “It’s oh-okay Kwangmin… I’m a-alright. Y-you didn’t hurt me at all.” she stutters out her words in between sobs. “Then why are you crying?” who dared to hurt my future sister-in-law?! I pulled her in for a hug when I noticed she had her backpack with her and she was hugging my Pikachu in one hand. “Why do you have your bag with you and Pikachu?” as I was asking she quickly pulled away. “You know schools not over yet Mikyong.” “So? You said Youngmin liked me right?” “… yeah, he freaking loves you. Why would you ask that? You’re still gonna go out with him and stuff right? You guys would be the cutest couple and I can make you guys matching Pikachu hats!” as soon as I said that she looked like she got more upset than before and was about to cry even harder. Did I say something wrong? “W-WELL YOU LIED TO ME JO KWANGMIN! YOU LIED TO ME! I CAN’T BELIEVE I TRUSTED YOU A-AND I FELL FOR IT! ME AND Y-Y---HIM WON’T GO OUT. WHY DIDN’T YOU JUST TELL ME HE WAS DATING MY BEST FRIEND?!” “I-I-I-j-ju-I don’t know? Mianhae Mikyong. I didn’t know it’d be like this…” “Yeah? Well thanks to you I feel for him, hard. And now I don’t know what to do at all.” I grabbed Mikana’s arm and I looked into her eyes. “Mikana I’m so s—“ “Mikana? Who’s this Mikana you speak of? It’s Lee Mikyong to you and leave me alone Jo Kwangmin. While you’re at it, why don’t you tell Youngmin and Joey to stay away too. Anybody who knew about this and didn’t bother telling me can just stay away.” I stood there, silently. I’m not heartless or anything. I know how she feels having someone she loves being taken by another person who she also loves. I mean, I really want to be with Joey but I can’t. “Mikyong, don’t you think I know how you feel? I fell for Joey and I—“ “Since when did best friends keep secrets from each other huh? Tell me, since when? We’re practically family too. And I bet the whole Starship family knows except for me. Am I right?” I just let silence take over me again. Mikyong drops the Pikachu onto the ground. “Yeah I thought so…” she whispers as she shakes off my arm and runs out of the school. I walk over to the library and I noticed the two making out in the little hallway. This must have been what she saw… I feel so bad. I just went into the hallway, grabbed the two and dragged them out. I dragged them all the way back to the cafeteria and to our table. Since lunch was over by now, everyone was gone except for our Starship family. We like to stay behind and wait bit until the mob of students calms down unless we had a strict teacher that day. Youngmin and Joey just looked pissed at me while the rest of them sat there confused. “HOW COULD YOU GUYS DO THIS?” “Do what?! You interrupted us and dragged us here for a stupid question? You better not reveal what you know here. And if you already did, I will kill you.” Hyorin started to speak. “We have no idea what’s going on but you can’t blame your dongsaeng for us knowing about you and Joey going out Youngmin. Me and Bora were at the gardens the day you asked her out and Jeongmin stalked us when we were talking about it then told the oppas of boyfriend. Next thing we knew, there was only your maknae, our two maknaes, K. Will oppa and Mikyong left out. We just went ahead and had a meeting during lunch one day and told everyone. K. Will oppa even came to our school to discuss it.” “YOU GUYS DID WHAT?! AND DIDN’T BOTHER TO INCLUDE US?!” “You guys were busy making out.” Minwoo says innocently. “As I was saying, HOW COULD YOU GUYS DO THIS? DID YOU KNOW THAT MIKYONG LIKES YOU? DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU, JOEY DIDN’T BOTHER TO TELL YOUR BEST FRIEND YOU GUYS WERE GOING OUT? DO YOU KNOW HOW UPSET SHE IS THAT NOBODY WOULD TELL HER ANYTHING?” I was gonna continue my rant but I noticed Joey had two keys with her. Her home key and one that looked somewhat like Mikyong’s. But I don’t really remember Mikyong’s house key. “… Is that Mikyong’s house key?” I ask her slowly. “Yeah… why?” “Hand it over.” “WHAT?! HELL NO! WHY SHOULD I? AFTER YOU’VE BEEN SO RUDE?!” “I was stating that you should have told her. She’s always talking about how you always tell her EVERYTHING. I need to talk to Mikyong.” I said trying to keep my temper down. Joey breaks out a smirk. If I didn’t like her so much, I would’ve just grabbed the keys hanging from her neck and made a run for it. Joey hands me the keys then asks me “Do you like my unnie Kwangmin?” all the attention from our table was immediately directed towards me. They looked hopeful for some good answers but I answered with no hesitation. “No I don’t.” “Come on Kwangmin, you can tell me. We’re good friends right?” she says as she punched me playfully on my arm. “NO, I do NOT like Mikyong.” “Kwangmin just admit it. I know you like Mikyong. You’re so over protective of her. Go for it.” “I DO NOT LIKE MIKYONG!” “KWANGMIN JUST ADMIT THAT YOU DO!” “I DON’T! I LIKE YOU! I DON’T LIKE MIKYONG, I LIKE YOU CHOI JOEYMEI!” everyone was dead-silent. “What?” seemed to be the only thing she could say. “I like you Joeymei… but it’s not like I’m gonna do anything about it. You have Youngmin. I’ll get over you eventually... I hope. But right now I’m more concerned about my best friend who is hurting badly. And I need to deliver my Mianhae Pikachu. I’m not apologizing for you guys though.” I managed to get those words out of my mouth and walk away like a dramatic boss in those dramas. I got into the car and drove to Mikyong’s house. I figured Joey would have the key to Mikyong’s because they’re so close I actually would've been kind of surprised if they didn’t. I know nobody would be home because both of Mikyong’s parents work while we’re at school and Mikyong wouldn’t open a door while in depression. When I walked into the house, the people I didn’t expect to see there just happened to be right there. And… oh my gosh! It’s her! I’ve never met her before but I’ve always wanted to…

 

AUTHORS' NOTE: Not much to say today, tell us what you think of this chapter! :) Keep reading, commenting and subscribing <3