Recalled Pasts

First Love, Last Love

Suho and Junhee arrived at the studio and was surprised to see that everyone was already there. The senior vocal coach and dance instructors were also there.

"Sunbaenim, are you going to watch me today?" Junhee asked her two sunbaes.

"Well, yeah, but were not here as critics since we already know your talent, we just want to observe how you're going to handle things." The vocal coach explained and finished with a smile.

"It would be an honor. May I also ask for your guidance from now on?" Junhee politely said.

The two sunbaes smiled and nodded in reply.

The EXO members stood up as Junhee walked in front of them. She looked behind and took a deep breath before facing the members.

When she turnes around to face them, they were really surprised since they felt a different aura coming from her, different from what they thought. Her aura became too strong, they felt like a different person was standing before them.

"And tiger has awakened." The dance instructor and the vocal coach whispered in chorus as they both let out a smirk.

"Hello everyone, I'm Kim Junhee. I will be your personal vocal coach and dance instructor starting today." She said then gave a bow. "I want to state my rules first and foremost so that if you have any objections, you can say so. First, I don't like wasting time. Every second counts, so being late and absent requires a great punishment. Second, vices are not allowed. They are harmful for your health and may ruin your talents and skills. Third, when it's practice time, playing or goofing around is not allowed. I want you to focus on what you are doing. If you won't do good in your practices, same goes for your actual performance. These are not difficult rules and if you really love what your doing, you'll understand. You wil follow these rules if you really have the passion for being an artist."

Everyone was quietly listening as Junhee was speaking. They were like kittens being scolded by their mom. And as soon as Junhee finished talking, the strong aura suddenly faded and a calm and soothing air filled the room.

"She's the same as usual. The transforming angel." The vocal coach whispered as she and the dance instructor laughed.

"So, that's it. I look forward to working with all of you. I hope we all get along." Junhee said as she gave her final bow.

Everyone was mesmerized by her as they clapped their hands.

The dance instructor stood in front and said, "Thank you, Junhee. That was a wonderful introduction. I was thinking, we still haven't seen her talents yet, have we?"

And they all shouted in agreement.

"Should we ask her to show us her talents?"

And the all shouted and clapped their hands.

"So, Junhee, as their new vocal coach and dance instructor, you must show them why they must follow you."

Junhee was a little shy, but she knew she had to do it.

She stood in front and said, "I will sing first." She was really embarrassed but took the challenge seruously.

"I will sing Stand Up for Love."

Everyone was captivated by her and Su Ho watched her proudly. She showed why she was a vical coach. The technique was just perfect. The high notes were clean. The breathing was flawless. And as soon as she finished, silence filled the room. Everyone was un awe. And after a few seconds they clapped frantically.

"Amazing. Just amazing." The vocal coach sounded really proud as she clapped her hands.

"And now, for a dance number." The dance instructor introduced.

"I've prepared something new, this is a mixed ballet and hip hop dance. I hope you would all appreciate it." Junhee said before starting her performance.

"Wow, that's really something. Ballet and hip hop are two dances which both can't be compromised." The dance instructor whispered.

As soon as the song started, they felt a transformation again. It's like Junhee's bringing them to a new dimension. The music started with a slow and soft rhythm. Junhee started with ballet and as the song progresses, you could feel different emotions as Junhee danced both ballet and hip hop simultaneously. The sophistication and flexibility of ballet and the force and power of hip hop, she mixed them together perfectly to the point that you can't even determine what's what.

Again everyone was in awe. Just by watching her dance they have understood a wonderful story filled with love, tragedy, drama which ended happily. It was totally a different dimension.

"Now, we all understand why the Boss chose her. Such talent. I hope all of you will respect her and follow her unconditionally." The dance instructor said in closing as they gave her a final round of applause.  "And your practice starts now. Junhee-ssi, they're all yours."

"Thank you sunbaenim. I will teach them what I've learned from you." Junhee kidded.

"What are you saying? You're even better than us." The dance instructor and the vocal coach said as they left.

After Junhee's introduction, the manager called for a break before practicing.

Junhee sat in little table slightly away from the members. Chanyeol kept on pushing Kyungsoo to talk to Junhee. Kyungsoo was too shy to do so but Chanyeol gave him a big push which led him standing directly in front of Junhee.

"Yes, how may I help you?" Junhee asked with a peculiar yet cynical smile on her face.

Kyungsoo took a few quiet seconds before gathering up the courage to talk.

"Eonnie, I mean, Nunna.." Kyungsoo whispered.

"It's okay, I really find it cute. You calling me eonnie. So what do you want to say?" Junhee enjoyed teasing Kyungsoo and she really finds him cute.

The other members were just watching them from a corner.

"Eonnie, I just wanted to ask if we have met before?" Kyungsoo finally asked as he stuttered with his words.

"You remember?" Junhee asked surprised at Kyungsoo's question.

"Not quite, but your voice and your smile are really nostalgic." Kyungsoo replied with his head bowed down and not even giving a glimpse at Junhee.

"Well, you were really small then. Do you remember your vacations in Jeju-do?" Junhee asked to help Kyungsoo remember.

Suddenly, Kyungsoo lifted up his head and looked at Junhee. His face showed a very surprised look. He just stared at Junhee for a few seconds and said, "Hee-eonnie?" He asked skeptically.

Junhee's face glowed after hearing what Kyungsoo said.

"It really brings back memories. I really thought you were a girl then so i told you to call me eonnie and you obediently followed. You always follow me around but you rarely talk. You were really cute even then." Junhee said while all their eyes grew bigger in fascination and shock. Even Kyungsoo's face looked like  someone who just dug out a treasure that he's been searching for a long time. Suho was also surprised since he wasn't aware of everything.

"Myeong didn't know this. I never told him because if he knew that I had been with a boy without him, he'd really go wild. You were boy the boy whom I made friends with. Even though you were two years younger than me. But when I entered high school, I wasn't able to go back to Jeju again." Junhee explained.

"That's why you suddenly disappeared. I never really saw you again after our last meeting." Kyungsoo sounded really sad as he said these words.

"But I'm here now, so no need to be sad anymore. I hope you still remember what I taught you in the past." Junhee said as she pat Kyungsoo gently on the head.

"I never forgot, even for a single second." Kyungsoo answered silently.

"Uhm, nunna, can you tell us more?" Chanyeol said while all of them moved closer and pleaded Junhee to share more about her and Kyungsoo's story.

"If Kyungsoo will agree." Junhee said as she looked at Kyungsoo.

While the others were persuading Kyungsoo, Kai slowly and cautiously approached Junhee.

“Uhm, Nunna, I’ve been meaning to ask you this but wasn’t really able to. Did you perhaps attend ballet classes before?” Kai whispered while everybody was busy with Kyungsoo.

“Yeah, I attended one here in Seoul a year before flying to America. Why?” Junhee replied.

“Really? Then I wasn’t mistaken. I became your fan the moment I saw you in that ballet school. I wasn’t able to talk to you because our schedules don’t really match. I always watch during our breaks and before I knew it, you already left.” Kai explained with much excitement.

“Really? So you were the boy who’s always peeking in our class and always gets chased by the teacher.” Junhee replied with surprise.

Kai nodded and smiled in return.

“The teacher really thought you were such a ert at a young age.” Junhee teased.

They both laughed cheerfully which caused them to attract the other members’ attention.

“While we’re busy here, the two of you are having such a good laugh.” Suho exclaimed.

“Hyung, it’s not what you think. It’s just that we figured out that we shared the same past.” Kai explained frantically while hiding behind Junhee.

“We attended classes at the same ballet school.” Junhee plainly explained.

“Wow, that’s cool.” Sehun whispered rather loudly.

Then the manager entered and stopped the commotion.

“Okay, that’s enough boys. You’re making Junhee all stressed out on her first day. You have plenty of time to talk to her but right now, its practice time so go to your places and we’ll begin.” The manager said as he rounded them up to their places. He turned to Junhee and said, “So for this week, your only task is to watch and observe them. You have to understand each and every one of them for you to be able to handle them properly. If you have to take down some notes, it would be better.”

Junhee listened attentively and followed what the manager said. She is really eager to do well in this training because she'll be able to do what she wants and at the same time be able to be together with his brother and the other EXO members. Junhee decided to spend time with each of them individually to be able to get to know them more. He asked permission from the manager and he agreed. He also said that if Junhee would need his assistance he will gladly help.

As Junhee watched them, she realized many things. But on top of it all, she saw how passionate they all were. She saw how determined they were as they practiced. Playing wasn’t an exception but when they get serious, they’re really into it. And this made Junhee get more excited to finally get to know them.

After the practice, the manager decided to eat out together. It was rare since he’s usually very strict but he wanted to do something special for everyone since Junhee’s arrival. They all went back to their dorms to change and went directly to the restaurant the manager told them. Junhee and Suho were the last to arrive. They were all awed at Junhee. It was the first time they saw her all girly. Junhee got embarrassed at all the stares and went directly to her sit. Chanyeol prepared a seat for her between him and Kyungsoo. There were two round tables. At the first table, Junhee sat between Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Kai sat beside Kyungsoo and Baekhyun sat beside Chanyeol. Suho and Sehun sat beside each other. Suho felt like he was pushed away from his sister. At the other table, the manager sat in the middle of Kris and Xiumin. Tao sat beside Kris and Chen beside Xiumin. Luhan and Lay sat beside each other. Junhee took note of this since she knew that people sit beside someone whom they’re really close with.

The manager, then, stood up and offered a toast for Junhee. They were all given equal amounts of red wine since Junhee doesn’t like alcohol. They all stood up and offered the toast.

It was a wonderful night with wonderful people. Everyone, especially Junhee, was full of smiles and laughter. Tomorrow she will start getting to know them more and she’s really excited about it.

When they returned to the dorm, Suho immediately asked Junhee, “Did you have fun?”

Junhee replied with a big and satisfied smile, “Yes!”

“I’m really happy that you’re getting along with them well. I’ve deprived you of your freedom to make friends in the past and I don’t want to ruin your chance now.” Suho said sounding really sad.

Junhee went to him, gave him a warm hug and said, “It wasn’t your fault Myeong~. I understand that you were just protecting me and I’m happy that I’m very important to you. Besides, it was me who didn’t have enough courage to go and make friends. But, hey, I was still able to make at least one friend.” And she smiled teasingly.

“Kyungsoo?” Suho asked.

Junhee nodded in reply.

“Kyungsoo is a very kind person. And even if he’s a boy he is also very neat and cooks well, unlike you. Despite being a girl, you’re really bad at everything a girl should be good at.” Suho teased Junhee who kept clinging to him.

“It’s your fault. You spoiled me.” Junhee said as she walked quickly to the room.

“Well, yeah. I guess you’re right. And I don’t plan to stop.” Suho whispered to himself.