Flashbacks

The Darkness Within

In Pledis Academy Minhyun, Baekho, and Aron were heading their way to meet with their partners. JR decided to stay at their dorm to rest not minding about their project. The three were heading their way to the meeting place. Many students were looking at them; mostly girls. Some of them took pictures and the others were taking videos.

 

“I don’t like the stares of the other students who we just passed by. I feel like they are stripping over us.” Minhyun muttered.

 

“Just enjoy it Minhyun while we are young.” Baekho said with a bright smile on his face.

 

“Idiot! as if we’re still young we only look like we’re 17 ish or 19..but the truth is, we are a thousand years older than them. We do not age fast like humans. ” Aron blurted and Minhyun sighed.

 

"Would you guys like to keep it down if you do not want them to hear us?" Minhyun warned them.

 

“Girl! NU’EST is here!” The girl said.

 

“Kyaa…Minhyun is so handsome and where are Ren and JR? I really would like to take pictures with them.” The other girl said and when Baekho saw them he smiled and waved at the two girls. The two students squealed at Baekho’s action.

 

“You sure do enjoying this huh?”

 

“Aron hyung, JR isn’t here anyway so I’ll take his spotlight just for today.” Baekho waved to their fans and sometimes he blew a kiss to them. Some other girls fainted when Baekho did the flying kiss.

 

“Baekho, aren’t you tired of doing that?” Minhyun asked.

 

“Nope,” Aron smacked him down and some other girls saw it cute.

 

“Wae? Hyung, what was that for?” Baekho rubbed the back of his head.

 

“I’m getting sick already I can’t bear to see you doing that until we get there.” He answered annoyingly.

 

“Damn! You’ve got some of JR traits.” Baekho said with anger.

 

“Yeah, right.”

 

“Geez, you two stop.” Minhyun sighed. “I think everything we do, these girls thinks it’s cute or whatever.” He shook his head about that thought. Minhyun already knew about the blizzard before the school announced it. He only sighed at the thought of his best friend’s doing.

 

“Minhyun, why JR didn’t come?” Baekho asked and Aron answered his question.

 

“You know that guy doesn’t have any interest in any school activities.” Aron said.

 

“Oh..yeah, but I’m really happy that we have two days break, thanks to Ren.” Baekho put his hands at the back of his head while staring at the sky.

 

“When Ren wants to rain or snow. He would do it without any second thoughts like now. I would choose going to class instead of staying at the dorm.” Minhyun said.

 

“Minhyun ah..your no fun sometimes.” Baekho showing his aegyo.

 

“Whatever.” Minhyun only ignored his friend and continued walking.

 

As soon as they arrived in the mansion Ren the lights. Although the mansion seemed like no one was living there. The place was pretty clean. They went to a room which it looked like a dance practice room. The lights went on when the two stepped in. The room was wide and windows were nowhere to be found. Soo Young sat on the wooden floor and after Ren finished setting up the audio system. He sat next to her.

 

“I only saw you last week and you were waiting for someone. I never thought you would be my classmate and my partner in this project. Do you think destiny led us? We’re totally suit together.” He said with a grinned forming on his lips.

 

“Hey! I only met you today and don’t be conceited. Don’t you think you fantasize too much?” Soo Young looked at him with an annoyed look on her face.

 

“Hey..just kidding just wanna lighten up the mood. You were pretty quiet on our way here.” He laughed at her answer.

 

“Whatever you didn’t even ask anything. I presumed that you don’t want to talk so I kept silent. You only answered a word showing me that you weren’t interested at all.” She smirked.

 

“Not true, I was only waiting for you to ask more questions, but as I said earlier; you were pretty quite.”

 

“Ok………I really hate dancing, how I could pass this project I cannot even dance. From what I know I’m the worst and stiffest dancer ever.” She immediately changed the subject and sighed for not being great at dancing.

 

“I really hate this project as much as you do, wait for me I will get my laptop upstairs so we can find what dance we are going to perform.”

 

“Yeah, go ahead.”As soon as he went out at the practice room. Ren ran upstairs with such a speed. A few seconds later he was with Soo Young.

 

“What? You’re here already? How did you get here fast?” She said with an amazed look on her face.

 

You’re P.O.V.

How the hell he got here so quick? From what I recall the room next to this room was a bit far. I didn’t even hear his footsteps. This guy is really mysterious. As I look at him with quizzically eyes.

 

End OF P.O.V.

“Am I that fast?” He laughed weakly.“I remembered that my laptop was next to this room, so I got here quick.”

 

“Aish…ok whatever.”

 

Then he sat beside her. They’d searched for the dance song they were going to perform. Two minutes later still they couldn’t find what would be the best dance to perform and someone walked into the room.

 

“I knew it, you’re here, dongsaeng. This is your favourite place after all when you want to be alone.” The guy said standing in the doorway putting his hand on the wall.

 

“Thunder hyung..what are you doing here? Don’t you have class in the evening?” Ren asked and Soo Young turned her attention to the guy who was standing in the doorway.

 

“We don’t have class tonight and tomorrow in the university, so I came here to free myself from the university atmosphere. Who is your friend?” Thunder turned his head to the girl who was sitting beside Ren. His eyes went wide upon seeing the girl who was Ren with. He pretended that she didn’t know her and he gave Ren with the why look by cocking one of his eyebrow.

 

“She’s my classmate we have a dance project and we need perform it in the gym. We have a month to complete this.” Ren said ignoring his hyung’s look. Thunder decided to confront him later.

 

“Well, you don’t have to worry. Minki is an expert when it comes to dancing, but only I and his friends know this. He doesn’t want to show it to anyone or should I say it he’s shy to show it to the public.” Thunder said with a smile drawn on his face.

 

“God..I feel ashamed about this already. I can’t dance.” She said lowering her head.

 

“Don’t worry I will teach you and don’t be discourage about it. It just needs practice, some people say they can’t dance and they give up already. I know not all of us were born with innate rhythm, just believe in yourself and you’ll do better I promise.” Ren gave Soo Young reassuring smile and she was encouraged at Ren’s word.

 

“He’s right just believe in yourself.” Thunder sat near to them and joined the two.

 

“Ok, I will do my best on this, but if I was that hard to teach I wanted to say an advanced apology.” She said and pouted. The two guys laughed at the scene before them.

 

“No it’s ok I can manage.” Ren said.

 

“Btw, I’m Choi Sang Hyun, hyung of this little princess here. Call me thunder that’s what my friends call me.”

 

“Park Soo Young, well it suits him anyway. He does looks like a girl.” She giggled.

 

“Hyung, stop calling me princess!” Ren protested.

 

“Hahahaha..she even agrees with me.”

 

“Geez..”

 

“So what are you guys going to perform?” Thunder asked.

 

“Actually, we haven’t found any song. Our teacher told us that we can perform anything so there’s no actual theme in this project.” She answered.

 

“I would suggest performing an interpretive dance and a dance pop song. Few people choose this genre and most of them would choose a love as a theme or mostly hip hop.” Thunder suggested and Ren only nodded at his hyung suggestion.

 

Ren had a dance song in mind so, the only one he needed was the interpretive dance song. He searched for the interpretive dance to perform. A few minutes later, he found one it was sang by beyonce the Halo song. He showed the video to the two and he asked them whether it’s good or not. Thunder said it was good while Soo Young was waving her hands telling them a no answer. Then Ren told her that they needed to learn first the dance pop song that he had in mind. He decided to choose the song face which one of their own song that they made six months ago.

 

“What?! That dance is hard it has lifting and..” Ren cut her off.

 

“We still have a month before we perform this trust me on this. Let’s start.” Soo Young protested, but in the end she sighed in defeat. She only agreed about it whether that would give them a high mark.

 

“Do you happen to know how to sing?” Ren asked.

 

“Well, yes maybe that’s my only talent I think.” She answered and she put her index finger on her lower lips.

 

“Then that’s good then we’re going to sing the first song while dancing. Then the next dance signing isn’t necessary.” Ren said.

 

It was six in the evening when they started practicing. Ren started teaching Soo Young and he the audio system while his hyung was watching. The chair part Soo Young had a hard time to get it until the repeats she did. Finally she got it. They’d been practicing for almost one and a half hour. They were on the half way of the song that they were practicing when suddenly Ren stopped. Thunder looked at Ren as they sensed someone intruded in the mansion ground.

 

“Why did you stop? I thought you wanted perfect mark?” Soo Young asked.

 

“I need something to drink I’ll be back.” Ren turned his back to her and went out of the room. Thunder thought ‘I’ll check on that.’ so Ren can hear what was on his mind. He was about to stand up when Ren gestured to stay where he was and he headed outside. The sky was already dark and stars weren’t visible. Signaling that the blizzard was about to start in any hour; after midnight. Then someone pointed the gun and he put it on his temple. Ren’s temple began to form blisters.

 

“What do you want?” Ren asked calmly ignoring the pain he was getting from the gun.

 

“Just wanna give you a warning you damn purebloods! Because of the likes of you my parents were killed!” The guy said with anger in his voice without letting down his gun.

 

“For the thousand times I have told you it wasn’t me who killed your parents and you even managed to enter in our barrier I made, amazing. Lower level vampires can’t enter here that easily.” Ren said sarcastically.

 

“It did give me a hard time to enter in this place. But still your damn kinds killed them you vampires s!”

 

“Aren’t you one of us? Mr. Yang Yoseob?” He wasn’t able to answer and he looked on the ground biting his lower lip. Ren took the intruder hand away from his face as the wound began healing and it came back to normal state again.

 

“You were lucky to survive the purebloods bite and the massacre ten years ago you should be happy you’re still alive standing here next to me. Oh..and I never thought you’re going to join that group.” Ren noticed the cross necklace he was wearing.

 

“Yeah, I joined to that group to kill the likes of you.” Giving Ren a stern looked.

 

“I assume that you don’t have any orders with you right now to execute me? I haven’t done anything recklessly that the higher-ups would actually send you here.” Ren said.

 

“Yeah, I don’t have one, but your kinds may have done something; purebloods. Tao’s name is getting around recently and many humans were one by one are getting killed at night. You might know something.”

 

“Go to Tao not me. He’s responsible for his actions and don’t bring it to me and it’s kinda amusing to let a vampire join the Underground Hunter’s Group; disgracing their name by letting you in.” Yoseob lost his cool and he pulled the trigger. He aimed for his heart, but Ren used his telekinetic powers to stop the bullet and he burned it to ashes. His crimson eyes looked directly to Yoseob eyes and he began to fall down his knees. The two of them heard running footsteps and Ren stopped torturing Yoseob.

 

“I’ll be back again you damn purebloods.” He escaped and jumped to the trees near at the mansion.

 

“Hey Minki what was that?” Thunder asked worriedly to his dongsaeng.

 

“I do not know that’s why I went here.” Ren said pretended nothing happened earlier.

 

“I think I heard a gunshot.” She said look scared.

 

“Fireworks, maybe?” He said with a smile forming on his slips.

 

“What? They won’t set any fireworks at the middle of september.” Cocking her eyebrow at Ren’s statement.

 

“Soo Young just forget, let’s go back it’s getting late and so you can rest too.” Ren said and he went to the garage to get his car. The car stopped in front of the mansion and he went out to open the door for Soo Young next to the driver’s seat. Before he was about to enter the car again. Thunder called him.

 

“Wait! Minki I have something to tell you come here.” Thunder gestured his hand to follow him.

 

“Soo Young, wait for me here.” Soo Young just nodded. They went to the middle of the living room and Thunder started to ask Ren.

 

“I was shocked to see her here isn’t she the daughter of the Park’s family? The one you saved from the killings that night? Don’t tell me she’s under your protection now?”

 

“Yeah, her Aunt let me to take care of her and besides her memories are coming back it’s time for her to know her past. She would go mad if her memories are completely back she needs me. I’ve been waiting for this day to come and I can’t keep her in the dark for too long.” Ren said with a bit of sadness written on his face.

 

“I know you have feelings for her since that day you’ve became friends with her, but Tao and his underlings are getting stronger every day. I don’t wanna lose you; I could at least say for now is be careful. You’re the only one that I have, Minki.” Thunder said with sadness drawn on his face.

 

“Don’t worry hyung I’ll be the one who will end up this craziness of Tao I will avenge our parents and hers too.” He said and his eyes were turning to crimson red and went back to his car again.

 

Thunder’s P.O.V.

You’ve changed Minki you weren’t like this. You were not the little brother who often smile and sweet. You weren’t that cold to anyone that incident changed you; although, I always see you smiling to your friends and to some people. You’re slowly dying inside. I wished that girl would make you happy.

 

End of P.O.V.

Thunder watch the car leaving the mansion and he went back to his room to rest. Soo Young was silent and she was in deep thoughts. She ignored the awkwardness that was filling the atmosphere around them. Ren let her to think for sometime and he didn’t want to interrupt her. For some reason she realized that her classmate Minki was kinda familiar to her, but she couldn’t remember when or where she’d seen him. Ren thought ‘Soon you’ll remember me, Soo Young.’. He was about to turn on the radio to lessen the awkwardness around them when his hand and her hand touched accidently. Soo Young looked at Ren and then, some flashbacks began to show in her mind.

 

“Oppa, don’t be shy come here you’re just in time mom made Soondobu Jiggae and Gimbap you’re favourite.” She said pulling in the person to their house.

 

“Oppa, teach me how to play piano.”

 

“Sure,” The guy said with a smile on his lips.

 

“Do not bad mouth Mi…” Then it became blurry after that. Ren stopped the car on the side and shook Soo Young a little bit.

 

“Soo Young! Hey..are you ok?” Then she was snapped back to reality. She held her forehead that began to ache.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine don’t worry.” She said.

 

“You should’ve told me if you’re not feeling well next time.” He said worried.

 

“Ok, I said I’m totally fine I wanna go back to the dorm now, please.”

 

“Ok, then.”

 

Twenty minutes later they’d arrived at school ground. They walked together in silence until they’d reached the dorm’s ground. Ren offered to her to her room. At first she didn’t want to, but he insisted and in the end she agreed to his offer. They’d stopped in front of her room and he asked to bring her phone out.

 

“Soo Young, give me your phone.” He stretched his right arm to give  her phone to him.

 

“Why?”

 

“Just give it to me.”

 

“Yah, yah, here.” Ren typed his digits on her phone; he took his phone out and copied her number.

 

“Here, so I can text you about our practice.” He said. The two of them were in front of her room and Ren pressed the doorbell. Lee Young opened the door. Soo Young didn’t notice that doorbell when she first came there. She thought ‘Maybe I was so very excited that day that I didn’t even notice this doorbell.’ She sighed.

 

“Oh, it’s you Lizzy and..” Her eyes went bigger a little bit to see who Soo Young was with. “Come here, come here.” She opened the door wider than before.

 

“Nah, I’m going back to my dorm well see you then.” He said leaving the two girls.

 

“Ok, see ya thanks, hime.” Ren looked back as he didn’t want anyone to call him princess and she saw Soo Young smiling. He parted his lips a little bit and he was about to say something. He only gave her smile and continued walking again. Lee Young pulled her into the room and she asked so many questions.

 

“Lizzy, Lizzy why were you with Ren? Is he courting you or what? Please tell me I wanna know.” Lee Young asked showing her how excited she was.

 

“What? Wait! He’s only my classmate and I only met him today. We had a dance practice so I was with him. He insisted to me and I agreed. He’s kinda pushy and annoying sometimes you know and mysterious too.” Soo Young said crossing her arms in front of her chest.

 

“How lucky you are Lizzy. You are really lucky. Many girls in this school wants to be in your position and are dying just to be with him.”

 

“Why is that so? How popular is this guy anyway?” She asked.

 

“You don’t know? Geez, he’s the kingka in this school. Rich, talented, and Handsome too” Lee Young squealed like a fan girl in front of Soo Young.

 

“That guy? Really? He looks like a girl ok I admit he’s prettier than me, but I don’t see him that manly enough. It’s just he looks more feminine I think I cannot even call him handsome that way.” She said plainly.

 

“Don’t talk like that to my Ren.” Lee Young giving her a deathly glare.

 

“Ok, ok, ok you win wait!..Did you just said Ren? Wasn’t his name is Minki?” Soo Young asked.

 

“Yes, it is Minki right, but his friends call him, Ren. Mostly the people in this school knew him as Ren.” Some flashback started to show up and her head began to ache again.

 

“Hey Lizzy what’s wrong?” Lee Young asked with concerned.

 

“I’m fine, I just need to change.” She went to her drawer and straight to the bathroom to change.

 

The whole night the two girls spend their night chatting and watching some movies until the midnight came. Lee Young was reading some novel while listening to her iPod. Soo Young was trying to recall where she heard the name Ren before. Meanwhile outside there were four people on the roof. The other one came to joined them.

 

“I like the upcoming weather, thanks Ren, yeah.” Baekho said; he embraced Ren and he let go of him.

 

“Geez, this guy was really born for cold weather.” Aron said scratching his nape.

 

“Looks like you have to watch her every night now. Her Aunt couldn't even stop her. She even chose this school. Little did she know only a few humans are studying here, but they are not just a normal humans unlike her.” Baekho formed icicles on his hand as wide of a pencil and his blue eyes became brighter; then he began doing the pass and reverse trick.

 

"Yeah, only a few humans do not know the secrets of the other students here. The principal doesn't let us to reveal who we really are. I'm getting tired of this already." JR looking at Soo Young’s room.

 

”You know what they've started hovering this school since she moved here.” Minhyun answered.

 

"No matter what I have to protect her. I don't wanna lose her like I've lost my dad, because of those greedy bastards." Ren eyes turned into crimson red and his surroundings became hot.

 

"Dude! calm down you'll burn the roof." Baekho exclaimed as he saw the icicles on his hands began to melt.

 

"Let’s go, she noticed us." Ren said and they disappeared on the roof when Soo Young opened the window as she looked at the roof top where the unknown entities vanished.

 

You’re P.O.V.

While I was thinking about my fuzzy memories I was sure I saw black shadows on the roof on the Elite dorms building. There were two shining red lights and then they disappeared when I opened the window. I turned to Lee Young and asked her.

 

“Hey! Lee Young you saw those shadows too? right?” I asked.

 

“Huh? What are you talking about? I didn't see anything” She went to check the opened window and she shut it.

 

”You know what you need to sleep you're tired, Soo Young.” After saying those words she went to sleep.

“I think you’re right.”

 

I pulled the blanket on my body as I could feel the cold already and maybe that blizzard would hit Seoul in any hour. I went back thinking about those flashbacks when I was Minki. I didn’t have them before it was just plain weird. Who was that guy that I called oppa? And that Ren where did I hear that from? I’m hoping someday this weird flashbacks and dreams. I’m hoping that there would be answer to all of this questions that are left unanswered for a long time.

 

End of P.O.V.

Few minutes later Soo Young drifted to sleep. Ren went back on the roof and he sat while watching Soo Young sleeping peacefully. His eyes never left Soo Young.

 

“I want you to remember me. Those horrible incidents might hurt you, but I don’t want to see you cry anymore that hurts me even more. I’ll be there for you when that time comes. I’ll be waiting for your come back.” Ren said in a lower voice.


Yay! this is chapter 3 it's kinda long, but I hoped you'd enjoy it. Thanks for the people who dropped some comments I really thank you for reading this fic. BTW Thunder(Park Sang Hyun) would be the big brother of Ren so I changed his last name to Choi hehe. Ok so yeah this is chapter 3 guys.