A Gentleman's Dignity

lazy-ssi's Drama/Movie/Music Video Reviews

A Gentleman's Dignity

Aired on: SBS

Broadcasted from:May 26,2012 - August 12, 2012

Number of Episodes: 20

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama

 

Now this drama had tons of ups and downs and it was very pleasing to see the escalating drama and how things were resolved and what not. This definitely focuses on a man's point of view of dating/marriage and it was portrayed neatly throughout this series. Everything was very fluent and it was all brought together. The love lines were fantastic and were very unique, especially between Choi Yoon and Im Me Ahri It definitely showed that love truly has no boundaries. And of course, just like any other drama, there has to be a plot twist, and in this case, it was CN Blue's Jonghyun's character that twisted the whole plot. It was very mind boggling when he started to make his appearances. It all seemed like he would fall for someone like Me Ahri, but nope! He came to look for his father. The viewers would always have a scarce idea of who amongst the men is the real father, but it sure put us at the edge of our seats. 

 

Plot: 9/10

I have to give this drama credit, it wasn't TOTALLY like a normal k-drama..A lot of dramas out there have plot twists that can be called for during the first episode. But this drama was like, BOOM! Plot twist and there goes the viewer's fantasies. I mean, who did you think Colin's dad was going to be? When you have four best friends close to one girl, it could be easily mixed up. The plot twists were great and were way better appearance wise, as oppose to previous and present dramas.

 

Setting; 10/10 

There was quite a variety of settings which definitely earned a 10. It  changed from season to season, house to house, work place to work place. And it all came together really well! Nothing looked too out of place for the characters and their belongings. But then again, there were flaws. they always visit the same restaurant/club/bar and whatnot. Also; one of Collin's first scenes, he was on the side of the street in the middle of nowhere. It was somewhat strange, but the following scenes had definitely made up for that little annoyance.

 

Characters; 11/10

With the variety of characters and their different attitudes that sometimes don't let things meet ends, it was very interesting. A few points that I strongly disliked was the constant complaining and whining of Im Me Ahri. I didn't even know a grown up could act in such a manner where they get jealous over a co-worker and just bawls their eyes out. Now, really think deep about the relationships between the characters. They were all very unique and each had their own twists. For instance:

 

Overall; 10/10

A-MA-ZING. After a string of dramas that I had continuously watched and got bored of, this drama had shown upand it had definitely raised my standards of dramas a bit more.The cast chosen for this show, definitely showed great team work and co-operation. The chemistry on set looked great and they all seemed to bond really well. Everything was put together smoothly and in the end, everyone was happy! A really great drama!