Chapter one.

I care. (Oneshot)

Kai walked solemnly down the street, head lowered, his eyes stuck to the ground. That day was another day of harassment from other kids from school; a normal day for Kai. As he walked down the street, he thought *Why do they constantly bully me? I've done nothing wrong to them, have I? Is there..something wrong with me? My appearance?* he judged himself.

It was already midnight; Kai had just gotten out of school. It was dark and still quite busy (usual for the city).

Kai stopped and pulled down his shirt sleeve, revealing his self harmed arm. Some cuts were still stinging since they were from the past night. Kai sighed at himself.

  I'm even uglier now... Kai thought as he traced his finger down his arm. He took in a sharp breath at the pain of his stinging cuts. These...these cuts mean nothing, they do nothing. Why do I even try? He questioned himself.

He sighed at himself again, he looked up to the tall buildings around him. He looked down at his arm, looked back up to the tall buildings. These were choices in Kai's mind.

It's one or the other, Kai. Pick one and don't regret it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai was already making his way towards the building. He had made his choice. Honestly, he wanted to do this for a very long time, but never had the guts to. However that day, something just pushed him. Pushed him into doing this. 

The building seemed to be an office building, not very busy, which was good for Kai. He crept in, walked to the elevators cautiously, trying not to catch someone's eye. 

Kai groaned as he noticed a piece of paper stuck on the elevator door which read- Out of Order.

"Even my suicide is going badly." Kai muttered to himself as he turned to the stairs. "Off to the roof it is then(!)" he pushed the door open.

He thought as he climbed up the stairs. 

"Am I really doing this?"

         Yes, you're not going up all these stairs for nothing.

"Wait. What if something really good will happen to me, maybe life is leading up to something especially good?"

         No. You waited long enough. You're a good person, Kai. A good person shouldn't deserve this. Life would've gave you something good by now.

"Imagine if someone stopped me."

         Hah. Yeah right. Keep dreaming, Kai.

He staggered up the stairs, they seemed never ending, but Kai got there in the end (with great effort as well). 

He pushed open the heavy, metal door which lead to the roof. It was windy, the strong breeze blew Kai's hair. 

As suspected, no one was on the roof, so Kai went ahead and walked to the edge. He didn't dare look down onto the streets from above. Yet. 

He climbed onto the edge. His eyes shut, he said his last words aloud. 

"Why's everyone so careless?" his words echoed in the wind, "....careless."

"Those anonymous notes in my locker, I just want to kill the people who wrote them!" Kai shouted in the wind, "...but instead, I'm taking my own life."

"Everbody's so heartless, mindless...no one cares about me." 

Kai took a deep breath before taking his foot off the edge.

But before he could, a voice shouted, "Stop!" Kai's eyes shot open. His heart was beating fast, but he froze still. 

"Please stop!" the voice said. "Please don't do it!" they seemed desperate. 

"Why should I? I have nothing good to live for." Kai said, he kept his back to them.

"I don't know! But please...I know you don't know me, but you should trust me. There is a good life waiting for you." 

"What would you know?" Kai shouted. 

There was a pause before the voice spoke up again, "...please." 

Kai sighed and thought about it, *This person climbed up all of those stairs with me, and followed me up here. Maybe I should trust them.* Kai sighed again and turned around, he stepped down from the edge. 

The person seemed to be a girl. Nothing special, just your average, high school girl, she looked about Kai's age. Although, she was not familiar to Kai, which puzzled him even more.

She sighed in relief, "Thank you..." she said. 

Kai couldn't speak, he was shocked that someone, that he didn't even recognize would save him. 

The girl was going to speak again, but a ringtone stopped her. She pulled out a cellphone from her shirt pocket and flipped it open. Her face seemed to turn more glum as she read her phone message. 

"I'm so sorry. I need to go...but my name is Kim Jung Ah. Please try to find me." she quickly said, but before rushing out of the door, she turned back and said to Kai, "Please promise me, that you won't try to commit suicide again..." 

Kai just stood there, but her worried and distraught face made him nod. "I-I promise..." he stuttered. 

Jung Ah had a glow of hope in her eye hearing Kai say that. She quickly bowed and rushed off, leaving Kai speechless. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 years later...

"Annyeonghaeseyo, I am Kai from EXO K!" Kai shouted down the microphone, making the crowd of fangirls scream. 

 Thank you, Jung Ah. You were right, something good did happen. I am now famous throughout the whole of South Korea now. I made lots of new friends on the way as well. I am enjoying my new life-my fresh start. And that is all thanks to you, Jung Ah, where ever you are. Thank you for saving my life. I am determined to find you. Kai thought as he smiled and waved to the crowd. Thank you.